Transistor () Interview & Review

Chandler Wood

Get Off My Wood
Staff member
So Transistor released today on PS4!

D'yani wrote a beautiful and positive review for the game which you can read here. The review clocked in at over 1800 words and is so well written that it left me speechless in some parts!!

I was able to get the Creative Director of the game to answer a few questions which you can read here.

just a question, do you guys have an editor in chief or something before you post the reviews?

just a question, do you guys have an editor in chief or something before you post the reviews?
We have a couple of editors that work together to read through and make sure that articles and reviews are free from formatting or spelling issues. We try to leave the writer's voice intact and unchanged as much as possible.

Why do you ask, are there any issues with the review?

We have a couple of editors that work together to read through and make sure that articles and reviews are free from formatting or spelling issues. We try to leave the writer's voice intact and unchanged as much as possible.

Why do you ask, are there any issues with the review?
no issues, just wondering if there will be a huge difference between the unedited version and the edited version.

no issues, just wondering if there will be a huge difference between the unedited version and the edited version.
Not really many differences at all. Spelling is the biggest thing. A couple of things may be sightly rearranged or reworded for clarity, but often we will get feedback from the original writer for it. In this case, I edited D'yani's review and when I came upon something that sounded off or didn't quite make sense, I was able to work with her in real time to make sure that the review still held her voice and what she wanted to say, so all of what you are reading is entirely her. I just made sure stuff was spelled right, sentence structure was correct, etc.

This is something we do with all reviews, because it wouldn't be fair for an editor to come in and drastically change things from what the original writer had to say. So content-wise, very little (if anything) changes from what goes into pending on the back-end, and what gets edited and published for you to read.

Ah that Soundtrack is so incredible, and how it meshes with the game is near perfection. Darren Korb is an excellent composer and Ashley Barrett has some wonderful vocals.
i haven't played the game yet (i want it for my vita... i want everything to be on vita), but that soundtrack just became a part of my playlist when driving.

@D'yani that's a sweet review! Please review more games. I like reading your take on the art styles and music in combination with the gameplay and story. You have a very well-rounded approach to reviewing, as opposed to simplifying or exaggerating parts that only partially matter.

Hey thanks for finding that! I love it!

I haven't even read anyone else's review (maybe because I'm just happy with mine), so that's crazy to know mine is the most detailed.

Glad to see you did another good review. Keep it up!
Dunno if i'll actually play the game though. I'll probably borrow it from someone if i do.

@Chandler Wood Why have you been hiding this literary seamstress, this Wordsmith, from us until now?

@D'yani Very much enjoy the style and perspective you are bringing to reviews. Seems like you put a bit more soul into it. Which is absolutely phenomenal. I enjoy reads like these. And you can count me for 2/2 on your reviews selling me on a game. Which slightly agitates me. I don't let reviews convince me most of the time. But after I acquire Child of Light, I will have to go through Transistor. Very well done.

@Chandler Wood Why have you been hiding this literary seamstress, this Wordsmith, from us until now?

@D'yani Very much enjoy the style and perspective you are bringing to reviews. Seems like you put a bit more soul into it. Which is absolutely phenomenal. I enjoy reads like these. And you can count me for 2/2 on your reviews selling me on a game. Which slightly agitates me. I don't let reviews convince me most of the time. But after I acquire Child of Light, I will have to go through Transistor. Very well done.
Well thank you so much! I was just saying to someone that I appreciate any reactions to my writing, as it is hard to evaluate your own writing. It's like getting a window to look through at your writing that wasn't there before. Sorry about forcing you to buy more games, haha. I really try to put soul into my reviews, as that's the only thing that makes a good review of an artistic game. Soooo yeah! Thanks for reading it!

Great review.. makes me want the game even more... my heart says yes, yes, yes!!! My wallet says sorry dude.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"