Vita Memory Cards

Would you pay over 200 for a Memory Card for your Vita?

• Total voters

LurkinWilli

PSLS Level: Newbie
In today’s day and age with micro SD cards and standard SD cards being cheap and you can pick them up anywhere what is the deal with the Sony Vita Memory Card’s? Well I am going to dive in this for everyone. First off the PS Vita 4GB Memory Card $25 USD, 8GB Memory Card $30 USD, 16GB Memory Card $44 USD, 32GB Memory Card $60 USD and then the mac daddy 64GB Memory Card for $100 USD. Now for the Micro SD cards $5 USD, 8GB $8 USD, 16GB $16 USD, 32GB $24 USD, 64GB $41 USD. Now with that being said that’s just crazy how Sony is getting that kind of price for the sticks, and how the 64GB is not even for sale in the states, you have to buy it from eBay or Amazon. The Micro SD is under a dollar per gig, past 16 GB. Now with the current prices on the memory cards for the Vita would you even want a 128GB or even a 256GB stick? Would you want to foot the bill for one? $200ish USD for a 128GB and who knows for a 256GB (taking a guess around 350-400 bucks, the price of a PS4) I know myself I have three 32GB sticks, but that has been over a course of when the Vita was 1st sold and I can tell you I would pick a big one memory stick up. If knew Sony would be supporting the Vita for a period of time but having been out in December of 2011 in Japan and February of 2012 for the states and not doing very well in the states I don’t think I would feel very comfortable dropping 200+ bucks on a memory stick. People always ask why not make an adapter for the Micro SD cards to fit Sony has to have some crazy decoding/code blocks in the memory cards to prevent people from making adapters for the Micro SD cards.

So my overall feel of the memory stick battle is this. If you want to get a bigger stick get one. You don’t have a choice of what brand and how much you buy one for. You’re going to pay for it or not. Myself I paid for it as well as many other people, and as I was typing this up I did just order a 64GB stick form Play Asia.

Sorry this I just my little rant and my break back in to the community after being away for a few months. Hope all is well with everyone.

Ps vita sd cards are way too overpriced thats for sure, but I don't see the need of owning that many sd cards. I understand that you have many games but do you actually play all of them all the time?

I would pay a max of $150 (including shipping costs) for a Vita memory card. I like having every game I own available at all times, as I usually juggle playing 6 to 10 games at a time.

I wouldn't pay over 40 bucks, and that is probably why I am still living dangerously with a 4GB and 8GB cards... I like to delete things.

I would pay a max of $150 (including shipping costs) for a Vita memory card. I like having every game I own available at all times, as I usually juggle playing 6 to 10 games at a time.
I also like having all of my games ready on standby, you never know if you wanna go back and play. when you have no wifi connection or some crazyness goes on in our life's ha.

I'd sooner kill myself then do that.
I would to i have no idea how you go between a 4 and 8 gig stick, i had a 8 gig stick when it was released and then went i deployment 2 months in i had ordered a 32gb

I would to i have no idea how you go between a 4 and 8 gig stick, i had a 8 gig stick when it was released and then went i deployment 2 months in i had ordered a 32gb

I think you mean't to quote me. Honestly, I don't usually go back into a game once I have finished the review and I usually don't buy Vita games unless I get it for review.. so it's not too bad for me to stay with just a 4 and an 8.

I would pay $200 if they found a way to make a 500 GB card... actually I'd probably go for it for 250 GB, because I also like to have all my games in one place. It just so much though. For that price I could pick up a 3DS XL.

I would pay $200 if they found a way to make a 500 GB card... actually I'd probably go for it for 250 GB, because I also like to have all my games in one place. It just so much though. For that price I could pick up a 3DS XL.

Holy crap, a 250GB or 500GB card would be insane!! But I would still have a hard time paying $200 for either of them.

I wouldn't pay more than $50 for one, and that would have to be the 64GB card, which will never happen.
I definitely plan on picking up that $20 16GB card on Black Friday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"