Vita Recommendation Thread

Borshay

PSLS Level: Silver
Everything Vita
A thread for us to recommend games to new Vita owners or titles that current Vita owners may have over looked.

Danganronpa, I've gone on about it in other threads but if anyone is interested in a Ace Attorney/Visual Novel type game I cannot recommend it enough. Easily my leading candidate for favorite game of the year. I'm hoping its sequel tops it though =)

Tearaway, I feel odd having to recommending this title. Its from an established Sony developer in Media Molecule. Its a new IP tailored to the device, much like others ask for. But it sold terribly, and probably with it any chance of true SCEE/A support going forward. If you're interested in an old school platformer from the N64/PSone days this one should be right up your alley.

Dragon's Crown, I'm only a few hours in but it is very fun but when screen has 4 allies it can be difficult to see where my character is at. I'd describe it as Golden Axe meets Diablo loot system.

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, a quality game thats worth your time if you find it cheap. If you're not a AC fan it may not be for you.

Final Fantasy X HD, (haven't touch X-2 yet), great port of the international version so it seems like it has additional content to an already great game. Just be careful not to bump into any dark aeons on accident during the end game.

Gravity Rush, I'm a big fan of this game (and they better be making a sequel!). An open world game that you fly around using your ability to control gravity. Combat is a big clunky but nothing being more skillful doesn't fix. Great characters and story. Makes PS+ worth it alone.

Killzone Mercenary, best handheld FPS ever. Online is very fun and they added a Botzone DLC for those who don't wanna replay story missions just to get some kills in.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, it is THE ultimate version of LittleBigPlanet.

Mortal Kombat, it's a bit of an odd port. Character models look just terrible but the frame rate is 100% 60fps. The new challenge tower is very fun as well.

Persona 4 Golden, if you like JRPGs (or RPGs) buy it.

Rayman Origins, best pure 2D platformer I've played in years. (Have Legends but haven't played it yet)

Soul Sacrifice Delta, I only have the vanilla but its an awesome action/hunter rpg. The lore is twisted but very interesting. While a bit expensive for a digital only title, Delta improves Soul Sacrifice in every way.

Uncharted Golden Abyss, if you liked Uncharted 1 you will probably enjoy this title. I liked it more then I did Uncharted 3 but Sony did force many unnecessary gimmicks into it. Some worked... many didn't.

Ys: Memories of Celceta, I'm not even an hour in but if you like Ys 7 (which is freakin awesome), this one should float your boat as well.

Borderlands 2, sadly this one was hit with the 'Vita Tax' from reviewers. I' have yet to have any big fps chunks and the game is still very fun.

Guacamelee!, metroidvania? no Guacamania! Awesome 2D brawler. Can't wait to buy the PS4 version.

Sound Shapes and Super Stardust Delta are both very very good titles. If you're unsure about them, youtube them as they are absolutely worth your time.

Other Mentions:
Disgaea 3
Unit 13
Muramasa Rebirth
PlayStation AllStars Battle Royale
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
DragonBall Battle of Z
Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable
Destiny of Spirits

Plus there are many very good PSP titles available to download if you haven't played them before.

Last edited:
What a great thread idea.

I have never played an Ace Attorney game, yet heard great things. Might have to check out Danganronpa in the future. Tearaway is a game that I will eventually get and beat.

My suggestions are
  1. Gravity Rush
  2. Persona 4
  3. Sound Shapes
  4. Hotline Miami
This is honestly all I can think of right now. But I will update my list later for sure. Both of these are must own IMO.

Last edited:
When Vikings Attack has been skipped by the pundits. Great, GREAT game. A lot of fun. Hotline Miami also plays so much better on Vita than PS3.

What a great thread idea.

I have never played an Ace Attorney game, yet heard great things. Might have to check out Danganronpa in the future. Tearaway is a game that I will eventually get and beat.

My suggestions are
  1. Gravity Rush
  2. Persona 4
  3. Sound Shapes
  4. Hotline Miami
This is honestly all I can think of right now. But I will update my list later for sure. Both of these are must own IMO.
I own all on that list but Hotline Miami is the only I feel bad about having. Why? Because I got it from PS+. That game deserved a full sale. It was on my top 5 games of 2013. Loved every second of it. I will 100% it eventually, I just need to clean up some of my ever growing backlog first.
I don't even care if Hotline Miami 2 sucks, I'll buy it because I feel like I owe them a sale.

I own all on that list but Hotline Miami is the only I feel bad about having. Why? Because I got it from PS+. That game deserved a full sale. It was on my top 5 games of 2013. Loved every second of it. I will 100% it eventually, I just need to clean up some of my ever growing backlog first.
I don't even care if Hotline Miami 2 sucks, I'll buy it because I feel like I owe them a sale.
Haha. I understand that. I bought it the day it released. Worth every penny I spent on the game.

Black rock shooter and any former psp game you like that's also available on the vita.

Muramasa Rebirth may be a port of a Wii game, but it was my favorite Wii game, and one of the only that I played that was worth buying before I decided that my Wii was going to be doomed to purgatory.

Dragon's Crown is what a modern Golden Axe should look like, complete with sidescrolling RPG elements and a host of quests that would turn on several dungeon crawler fans. It's easily one of the best games that I played last year.

Ragnarok Odyssey was a lot of fun, too, especially when playing online co-op to grind items from boss battles with players from around the world. I made a handful of PSN friends while playing that game, and I would love to see a real sequel for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"