You know what? I want a Wii U

darkforcegod

PSLS Level: Bronze
PSLS Ambassador
Any of you have a Wii U. How is it? I play with it a lot when I go to GameStop but obviously only the demos as I cannot purchase anything with it or see its performance in a long day. So is it good?

I am not asking people to decide for me, just opinions :)

Any of you have a Wii U. How is it? I play with it a lot when I go to GameStop but obviously only the demos as I cannot purchase anything with it or see its performance in a long day. So is it good?

I am not asking people to decide for me, just opinions :)

I haven't owned an Nintendo console since the SNES. I've been interested in pickiing up a Wii U myself lately and would like to know what people think.

So just be warned, people say I hate everything, so take my opinion with that in mind.

The Wii U has some interesting games and ideas, but fails to deliver on really anything. The Wii U is barely a step up from the Wii, it brings you almost the exact same experiences (not a good thing), and the online and UI for the Wii U are laughable at best. It is fairly obvious Nintendo rushed this to the market without properly grasping what it means to be an HD console and without really caring to understand the basic concept of online play.

They also completely forgot their target audience of soccer moms and grandmothers, but then didn't go far enough in the other direction to capture the hardcore market, instead settling for some weird in between market that no one seems to really fall into.

So, I would say save your money and purchase something worthwhile, like a pet Hedgehog or a wiffle ball bat, because you will get more enjoyment out of both of those.

I have yet to form a solid opinion on that system, if you like enough to buy it though, go for it. but it's good to see you're asking around first. know anybody locally who has one?

As with all Nintendo systems its about their first party line up. Do you want pikmin 3? more mario games? Donkey kong country? HELL YEAH YOU DO

What can you guys tell me about the 3DS? Its not that expensive and I know a lot of people that got it on Christmas. I dont know but I might be interested in that handheld too. Any suggestions? Pros Cons? Games? dark hidden stuff?

What can you guys tell me about the 3DS? Its not that expensive and I know a lot of people that got it on Christmas. I dont know but I might be interested in that handheld too. Any suggestions? Pros Cons? Games? dark hidden stuff?

I refuse to comment :)

I recently just got a 3DS because someone sold it too me cheaper, a big reason i got it was because i was playing through pokemon Red again on my phone through an emulator, it made me want to get the new pokemon since all my friends are always playing it. Now that i own it, i don't have much time at the moment to play it but I want some of the first party games on it, and better yet smash bros comes out on 3DS this summer!

Also the mii stuff is pretty cool.

I recently just got a 3DS because someone sold it too me cheaper, a big reason i got it was because i was playing through pokemon Red again on my phone through an emulator, it made me want to get the new pokemon since all my friends are always playing it. Now that i own it, i don't have much time at the moment to play it but I want some of the first party games on it, and better yet smash bros comes out on 3DS this summer!

Also the mii stuff is pretty cool.

Yeah. I like that game.

I absolutely love Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Just haven't played the game enough honestly. Heard great things about the new Pokemon games. But between the Zelda games and the Pokemon games, those are the only ones that really interest me.

I have a Wii U and I really enjoy it. its certainly a flawed machine but if you love Nintendo games and systems it will fit right in. Although my 3DS probably gets more attention than my Wii U.

I absolutely love both my Wii U and 3Ds.

The Wii U is an absolutely phenomenal machine. It does what it needs to do and no less, no more. It plays games. And great ones at that. That is provided you don't have the illusory bias that Nintendo merely rehashes games. They simply don't. That said, the Gamepad is pretty damn cool. Not only does it provide an ample mechanism to introduce new gameplay mechanics, it also lets you play games on it as opposed to the big screen. Right out of the box, without having to shell out another $200. Admittedly, not all developers utilize the Gamepad properly or to its fullest extent. The first party lineup, as always, is amazing so far. Nintendo just simply knows how to create a good game. And I can't wait for the system to really pick up in momentum so we can see more third party support for it.

The Virtual Console is just fantastic as well. You can find a plethora of older games that span across all the generations. And they will be adding GCN titles soon, I assure you. All of these have full features that an emulator on PC would have. State saves, quick loads, and the goodies. You can play them on the TV or the Gamepad as well. And they also have full functionality with the Wii U Pro Controller.

The 3DS, in my opinion, is superior to the Vita. Not in power, but in software. There are just simply a hell of a lot more good games to play on the 3DS than there are the Vita at this time. And, again, the first party and exclusive titles are amazing. I can only hope Sony supports the Vita to such an extent. The lack of another analog actually does nothing to hamper gameplay. All the games I have ever encountered control extremely well.

In the end, it is all about the fun. And Nintendo is all about the fun.

I absolutely love both my Wii U and 3Ds.

The Wii U is an absolutely phenomenal machine. It does what it needs to do and no less, no more. It plays games. And great ones at that. That is provided you don't have the illusory bias that Nintendo merely rehashes games. They simply don't. That said, the Gamepad is pretty damn cool. Not only does it provide an ample mechanism to introduce new gameplay mechanics, it also lets you play games on it as opposed to the big screen. Right out of the box, without having to shell out another $200. Admittedly, not all developers utilize the Gamepad properly or to its fullest extent. The first party lineup, as always, is amazing so far. Nintendo just simply knows how to create a good game. And I can't wait for the system to really pick up in momentum so we can see more third party support for it.

The Virtual Console is just fantastic as well. You can find a plethora of older games that span across all the generations. And they will be adding GCN titles soon, I assure you. All of these have full features that an emulator on PC would have. State saves, quick loads, and the goodies. You can play them on the TV or the Gamepad as well. And they also have full functionality with the Wii U Pro Controller.

The 3DS, in my opinion, is superior to the Vita. Not in power, but in software. There are just simply a hell of a lot more good games to play on the 3DS than there are the Vita at this time. And, again, the first party and exclusive titles are amazing. I can only hope Sony supports the Vita to such an extent. The lack of another analog actually does nothing to hamper gameplay. All the games I have ever encountered control extremely well.

In the end, it is all about the fun. And Nintendo is all about the fun.

Thanks for that good description. I dont know but for me I think is stupid that every console should be the same. They argue about the games in Wii U but those games are for Wii U and the games that are for PS and Xbox are for those consoles. I would not buy a Wii U to play AC, Resident Evil or God of War ( kinda impossible but you know what I mean.).

You see we need to see the bigger picture with it. For me Wii U is for playing the kind of games that it offers while the PS4 and PS3 that I have are for playing other types of games and if I could have the other side called Xbox One then I would use it to play the games it offers and I would not be around saying that it doesnt have the same games as PS or Wii U. That is wrong.

Thanks for that good description. I dont know but for me I think is stupid that every console should be the same. They argue about the games in Wii U but those games are for Wii U and the games that are for PS and Xbox are for those consoles. I would not buy a Wii U to play AC, Resident Evil or God of War ( kinda impossible but you know what I mean.).

You see we need to see the bigger picture with it. For me Wii U is for playing the kind of games that it offers while the PS4 and PS3 that I have are for playing other types of games and if I could have the other side called Xbox One then I would use it to play the games it offers and I would not be around saying that it doesnt have the same games as PS or Wii U. That is wrong.

You've nailed it. And that is precisely how the industry needs to stay. What would be the point of three different major competitors if all their products are exactly the same? The Wii U won't disappoint you now, and it will only grow greater in time. Especially over these next two years.

However, I'll never touch the One. No matter the game lineup. Microsoft slapped me in the face, called me a Nancy, and told me to get over it. Then turned around and apologized with a fake smile. I don't forgive so easily.

You've nailed it. And that is precisely how the industry needs to stay. What would be the point of three different major competitors if all their products are exactly the same? The Wii U won't disappoint you now, and it will only grow greater in time. Especially over these next two years.

However, I'll never touch the One. No matter the game lineup. Microsoft slapped me in the face, called me a Nancy, and told me to get over it. Then turned around and apologized with a fake smile. I don't forgive so easily.

I remember the day of the "buy an Xbox 360 if you dont have internet 24/7" I was like whaaaaat!!!

Wii U is definitely on my list, but right now I can't afford two new consoles and PS4 takes precedence even though it has a smaller library (alas, I can't pass up the option to play The Phantom Pain and Guilty Gear Xrd on an 8th gen platform).

Wii U's library is definitely getting better with each passing day, Smash Bros looks as fun as ever and a new Fatal Frame was just announced as well (maybe we'll finally get a good use for that gamepad?)

I saw a Wii U versus Xbox One article today on my news app. Maybe the Wii U will make a comeback. I don't think it's for me, but I sincerely wish for Nintendo to prosper.

We shall see what the future has for Xbox, PS and Nintendo Wii U and 3DS too. Also I would like more on the Vita. My vita is literally in my room eating dust and now is more white than it was when I bought it hahaha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"