Anime suggestion?

My wife is on this kick of just watching whatever anime that Hulu Plus recommends based on what she's watched on the app. These cartoons keep getting crazier all the time. Two of the most recent ones she has watched are Brothers Conflict and Diabolik Lovers.

Brothers Conflict is the unfortunate story of this girl whose dad married a woman with 13 sons, most of which want to hook up with her once she becomes their step-sister.

Diabolik Lovers is about a girl whose priest father sends her to a mansion to live relatives for a while, which she finds are actually a bunch of vampire dudes who use her as a blood farm.

Replying to an old post I know.....but jump on Hulu Plus like stolen said. It is loaded with Anime content. I seriously have 10 shows in my favorites right now. I just finished Black Lagoon. Before that I watched the first season of Psycho Pass and loved it.

I would also recommend Attack on Titan if you haven't watched it and loved Knights of Sedonia. Both are on Netflix.

Yea I really really liked Blue Exorcist.. good characters and story.
Agreed. It's a shame the anime took a different route and then ended prematurely. Supposedly, they're not too far off track, though, and could potentially come back to the canon storyline at some point. ...But I doubt they will. Sigh.

Pretty much anything from FUNimation is available on Hulu, Plus or not. (And to the best of my knowledge, Plus doesn't upgrade them to HD, like it would with other shows. Unless they've since changed that.) FUNi has a bunch of stuff on Netflix as well, although I've noticed a lot more titles from Sentai Filmworks and Aniplex of America showing up on there these days. Knights of Sidonia is actually listed as a Netflix Original, so I'm curious to see if they license any other anime series in the future.

...And on the note of Netflix: Fate/Zero. (Also on Hulu.) If you haven't already seen it, check it.
And on the Hulu end: Baccano!, Steins;Gate

Something recent, which was an amazing series IMO, and I see is available on Hulu, is Nagi no Asukara. Maybe not for everyone, but if you enjoy some slice-of-life, romance, drama, etc., then I can't recommend this one enough.

Last edited:
Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Death Note, HOTD.
Full agreement on the first two. The third... good for laughs, but I wouldn't give it much more than that, personally.

There is an awesome one on Netflix Now called Knights of Sidonia
And its second season is up now as well, albeit only subtitled. (The first season now has a dub available.) I haven't heard if there are plans for a third season yet, but there certainly seems like there' s more material to be adapted. That said, if they really do end the anime after season two, it has a fairly satisfactory conclusion -- you'd like to see more, but it wraps up most of the core plot of that particular season/story arc, at least.

Have you ever watched Madoka Magica? Really good series, if dark to no end.
Yes. Even if you're not a fan of magical girl stuff, don't let the bright and colorful promo art and whatnot deceive you. Shit gets real within the first 2-3 episodes.

Now for one more suggestion of my own: Silver Spoon (aka Gin no Saji).
Primarily a comedy, I suppose, with hints of romance and drama, all bundled up in a school setting, and told as a sort of slice-of-life story. I emphasize that last part, because this series really does it right, complete with delivery of some important life lessons (mostly relevant to high school/college-aged viewers, but much of it goes beyond that). Overall, it's a great feel-good series, perfect for winding down after a long day and/or putting a smile on your face if you're feeling down. Netflix has both seasons (listed as one 22-episode season), so I'd strongly encourage any subscribers to add it to their queue. (Subtitled only, by the way, for those who prefer dubs.)

Watch Prison School, it's one of my favorite manga. The anime adaptation is a few episodes in right now
Prison.School.01.1080p.[AnimeRG][KoTuWa].mp4_snapshot_11.17_[2015.07.17_04.15.32].jpg

Recently watched the Madoka Magica movies on Netflix. I recommend watching them in order, rather than watching them in the 3-1-2 order that I did. The second and third ones aren't good standalone titles unless you're intoxicated and have an awesome imagination.

-Neuro /also known as "majin tantei nougami neuro (which can be watched at viz's free anime streaming service, neon alley)
-bleach
-noragami
- bubblegum crisis
-bubblegum crisis crash
-bubblegum crisis 2040
-black butler season one
-nura: rise of the demon clan
-nura: rise of the demon clan,demon capital
-gensoumaden saiyuki
-saiyuki reload
-saiyuki reload gunlock
-hellsing
-hellsing ultimate
-tokyo ghoul

That's just a fragment of the amount of titles i watch and reccomend, i have dozens more i could reccomend for ya but it would the list would take forever to make.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"