Community podcast?

That was actually the very first topic we did, but we can always revisit it later in the year. I think between me, Joe and Stephen, it was MGSV and Until Dawn, so after they come out we can pick new games =p

I've also thought of:

Most overrated games

Most underrated games

Favorite games per platform

Some non Playstation episodes ( I know, blasphemy! But I also love Nintendo )

Should Sony make first party figures a la amiibo / Disney Infinity

IPs we wish would make a comeback

Postmortem on games we've played 2-4 weeks after release ( Bigger games like Bloodborne, Uncharted, etc)

My thought process in the very beginning of wanting to do this was to avoid doing news related podcasts, since there are a lot of those out there already. Hell, this is a PSLS unofficial podcast, but we still don't want to compete with Bad Gamers. There will inevitably be big news stories that almost require reactions, like E3, but again this is more tuned for what we, outside of the industry, want to talk about. So most of your topics are really great and things that I bet would make for great conversations. I can spend a long time talking about my gaming history, the only problem is I'm not sure anyone cares enough to listen to it for more than 10 minutes haha

I agree. I don't think we should/have to talk about news stories but stuff like e3 is unavoidable. I've been looking forward to this years e3 since last years e3 ended lol

We could try to do these out of left field type of topics like the ones we've mentioned.

I'm not sure about the non-playstation stuff though. We could do one where we each talk about what gaming we do outside of playstation but I would be against doing it often because it is a Playstation podcast after all and frankly not talking about playstation is what has killed podcast Beyond for me since Colin left

Great suggestions guys! We can definitely use those in upcoming episodes. Did everyone send me audio from the most recent episode?

Did you get mine? I couldn't attach it to the email because the size limit is way way too small even for an MP3. Did the link to google drive work?

I agree. I don't think we should/have to talk about news stories but stuff like e3 is unavoidable. I've been looking forward to this years e3 since last years e3 ended lol

We could try to do these out of left field type of topics like the ones we've mentioned.

I'm not sure about the non-playstation stuff though. We could do one where we each talk about what gaming we do outside of playstation but I would be against doing it often because it is a Playstation podcast after all and frankly not talking about playstation is what has killed podcast Beyond for me since Colin left

Giant news like that is necessary because of its grand nature, but a feature-based podcast is a great way to take this.

Very interesting topics is what keep those types of podcasts alive. And, all of those topics are great ideas.

I by no means want to talk about Nintendo constantly (even thought it seems lately that's exactly what I've been doing) but it also makes some sense to keep it part of the conversation. With XB1, that is direct competition, Wii U isn't. And Vita vs. 3DS, while they do compete, both of their primary competition is mobile, and their libraries are so different, with almost no overlap that I would argue they share a similar but different space. Even Podcast Beyond in it's glory years, when Ryan Clements was still on it, had him talking about how much he enjoyed playing Diablo or Starcraft for weeks on PC lol. I think the important thing is we talk about gaming, and for me, Nintendo is and has been a huge part of my gaming for 23 years. But stepping off my soapbox, I'll keep tossing in Nintendo comments, and when it comes out I won't shut up about Zelda Wii U =p

We can't just pretend the rest of the game industry doesn't exist. I agree with that. But, as long as we keep it focused on PlayStation, I'd say we're golden.

Oh agreed. In fact, without competition PlayStation wouldn't be what it is and it certainly wouldn't have built such a devoted fanbase. I think it's important to talk about gaming in general simply because, in a weird way, it's all relevant to PS.

We can't just pretend the rest of the game industry doesn't exist. I agree with that. But, as long as we keep it focused on PlayStation, I'd say we're golden.

Exactly. I just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page

We should definitely should be able talk about what we've been playing lately no matter what console it's on just as long as it doesn't take too much time away from playstation. I'd fear that sort of thing would scare away our massive listening audience :p

Hey, are people in for tonight or for Thursday night? If you guys could let me know by 4:30 EST that would be awesome.

How did everything work out for you guys tonight? I'm at work right now, so I didn't get to indulge.

I can't make it to the podcast or the game night this Thursday, I've been scheduled to work tomorrow. Sorry, guys. I'll try for next week. Have fun though!

This idea of podcast has always interested me just like the idea of having a Youtube channel ( I am doing the latter but is going slow but for sure its gonna happen :) )

The more people who want to join in the better. Thanks to a very pregnant wife and a lot of baby things to assemble, I've been pretty busy for the last couple week and unable to partake. I know come August I will disappear for a few months :) Which makes a bunch of people able to rotate in and out great.

True. We definitely have room for more hosts on the podcast since we can't always be there every week.

Much like PS Blogcast. Their members regularly miss podcasts but it usually works out ok

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"