Suggest A TV Show

wolfehound22

PSLS Level: Newbie
Use this thread to discuss any current tv shows you are watching, as well as any you would suggest others to watch.

Avoid spoilers as much as possible too. My favorite show ever was LOST. That was incredible, and quite deep.

We are currently watching Dexter. We're on the final two seasons and have loved it all so far.

And finally, ifyou haven't started watching House of Cards on Netflix, you are missing out! I can't wait to get home and start watching season 2 next week! David Fincher is an incredible director.

My reccomendations would be Doctor Who which is an oldy, but has really kicked up in popularity in the last few years.

Sleepy Hollow and The Blacklist are my two favorite shows from the last season of new shows. Almost Human is also one that has been growing on me. I felt it started out a bit mediocre but in the past few weeks the story has gotten more interesting.

Then there's also Arrow, based on the Green Arrow comics (with a Flash series to go into production soon). The first session was good but the writers have taken this season up a notch and 'fixed' much of fans complaints about last season and for the most part is getting better by the week.

Absolutely love Dexter and LOST. Definitely worthy of checking out. If you are looking for something funny be sure to check out The Big Bang Theory or How I Met Your Mother.

I second Doctor Who, it's my favorite tv show hands down. I also second How I met your mother, so good.

Here's a few that haven't been suggested, Mad Men is excellent. I've been making my way through the seasons on Netflix. I'm working on season 6 now. The first part of season 7 kicks off in March.

Walking Dead, I know it has, a lot of haters, but I really enjoy it. I am a huge fan though. I've read all the comics & novels, and played the game, so I love anything WD related.

Game of Thrones of course, I'm only halfway through season 2, but its fantastic.

I think that covers my current rotation

Oh I forgot one, American Horror Story. This series is great. Each season is actually a mini series, so plot lines do not carry over from season to season. You willsee the same actors, but in completely different roles. Seasom 1 focused om a haunted house, season 2 a insane asylum, and season 3 witches. The show is completely over the top, but I've loved all three seasons.

The only show you need to watch is Psych. Hands down the BEST TV show on the planet right now.

Other shows I will allow you to watch are Mentalist, Dads, Castle, and anything Korean.

The only show you need to watch is Psych. Hands down the BEST TV show on the planet right now.

Other shows I will allow you to watch are Mentalist, Dads, Castle, and anything Korean.
Sadly this is the last season of Psych, going to miss it. :( Will also throw in support for Mentalist and Castle... I'm starting to think I watch too much TV.

Those who Like Doctor Who really need to watch the BBS Sherlock (on PBS Masterpiece in the States). Brooklyn Nine Nine and the Goldbergs are the best new comedy's out there. And if you have Amazon Prime check out Betas and Alpha House.

Those who Like Doctor Who really need to watch the BBS Sherlock (on PBS Masterpiece in the States). Brooklyn Nine Nine and the Goldbergs are the best new comedy's out there. And if you have Amazon Prime check out Betas and Alpha House.
I've heard great things about Sherlock. I believe the main character in the show was the villain in the most Star Trek movie (I could be wrong though). He did a fantastic job in the movie, so when I get a chance I will be checking it out for sure.

I've heard great things about Sherlock. I believe the main character in the show was the villain in the most Star Trek movie (I could be wrong though). He did a fantastic job in the movie, so when I get a chance I will be checking it out for sure.

Yup, Benedict Cumberbatch is the same guy in Star Trek as well. The best part about Sherlock Seasons is they are only 3 episodes long.

Yup, Benedict Cumberbatch is the same guy in Star Trek as well. The best part about Sherlock Seasons is they are only 3 episodes long.
By best you mean worst? While I agree that it makes it extremely easy to catch up on, in the case of this season we waited two years between episodes for only three [fantastic] episodes. It just makes me wish they did a couple more, which I suppose is part of it's charm that it's over before you know it and you instantly want more.

How long is an episode?!
They're roughly 90 minutes each.

By best you mean worst? While I agree that it makes it extremely easy to catch up on, in cases like this seasons we waited two years between episodes for a 3 [fantastic] episodes. Just makes me wish they did a couple more.

They're roughly 90 minutes each.
Oh wow, 90 minutes, almost like each is a movie. But wait 2 years for a season? What season is it on? And are they are already making more?

Oh wow, 90 minutes, almost like each is a movie. But wait 2 years for a season? What season is it on? And are they are already making more?
Yea, they're long. Basically, like you said, movies. This was only season series 3. There was only one year between the first two, but because Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman both had movies (Star Trek: Into Darkness for Cumberbatch and the Hobbit films for Freeman) then add Steven Moffat (who writes and produces on both Sherlock and Doctor Who) and they had difficulty finding times in their schedules.

I've heard that Moffat is already preparing the next series of Sherlock and that BBC has ordered two more series. But I've also heard that because of both Cumberbatch and Freemans popularity theres a possibility we could see additional scheduling conflicts for the upcoming series.

I know, I know. I watch too much TV, blah blah blah. (I actually don't watch them on TV. ;))

Because I just now remembered these two; Elementary and Top Gear.

Elementary is CBS's version of Sherlock, just not as good and in shorter bites. It's still a good watch.

Top Gear... I'm amazed I like it. To be clear, the BBC version and not the History Channel version. I always heard of how good it was. Then I heard it was a 'car show' and I'm like hell no, I don't give a flip about cars. But I had an episode playing in the background one day (it came on after Doctor Who) and now I'm addicted. For a car show, it is incredibly entertaining. They have little semi-informational segments about cars, but usually it's just them doing something stupid and funny with cars. Like a car darts, car soccer or trying to run out of gas before driving into Chernobyl. Stupid stuff thats fun to watch.

I love me some Top Gear, and like you Phoenix I'm mot a car guy. That show is just fantastic.

Also, BBC does some strange stuff with their shows, Doctor Who had had a messed up schedule, we got ti wait till Aug for series 8, such bitch.

I love me some Top Gear, and like you Phoenix I'm mot a car guy. That show is just fantastic.

Also, BBC does some strange stuff with their shows, Doctor Who had had a messed up schedule, we got ti wait till Aug for series 8, such bitch.
I've actually never seen Doctor Who before. I know a ton of people that like it. What exactly is the show about?

I think British TV is utter garbage. Doctor Who sucked so badly. However, Sherlock actually looks ok.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"