Suggest A TV Show

Sherlock is amazing, but I haven't watched the third season yet.

I would say Attack on Titan on the anime front.

House of Cards, which is amazing. Hell on Wheels is supposed to be good.

Boardwalk Empire is my favorite show, but I love mafia themed shows.

Archer....which is hilarious.

Honestly, too many to list. I do work at home while I watch shows, so I have been watching a lot. It has actually taken the lead from gaming.

Sherlock is amazing, but I haven't watched the third season yet.

I would say Attack on Titan on the anime front.

House of Cards, which is amazing. Hell on Wheels is supposed to be good.

Boardwalk Empire is my favorite show, but I love mafia themed shows.

Archer....which is hilarious.

Honestly, too many to list. I do work at home while I watch shows, so I have been watching a lot. It has actually taken the lead from gaming.
TV over gaming??? What blasphemy is this! :p

I've actually never seen Doctor Who before. I know a ton of people that like it. What exactly is the show about?
It's hard to explain, but it follows the adventures of the Doctor, who is a time traveler. He can travel to anywhere in time and space. Very sci fi :), but it has a great story. I know I'm not doing the show justice, and I'm sure Phoenix could do a better job haha.

TV over gaming??? What blasphemy is this! :p

Thats my problem, when i have free time i use it to game and not watch TV.

Thats why i enjoy the 90 minute Sherlock episodes, plus the detail it allows them to add into an episode is amazing. you never finish an episode and feel like it was missing something.

I'll go with Wolf and agree it's difficult to describe. In addition to what he said, I think the most important things to point out is that the Doctor 'dies' every so often. His race has the ability to regenerate a new body when they die, so the actor portraying the Doctor changes every few years. In addition, he's typically accompanied by a companion that changes every few years as well. The show changes a lot with each Doctor/companion pairing, which gives a 'new' feel every so often. The most recent Doctors run ended this past December and a new [much older] actor will be taking over the role [still being accompanied by gorgeous companion from last season).

They started filming the new season last month and are expected to film until Aug/Sep with new episodes starting around the same time.

I still don't think I did it justice, maybe read the first few posts of this ELI5.

I'll go with Wolf and agree it's difficult to describe. In addition to what he said, I think the most important things to point out is that the Doctor 'dies' every so often. His race has the ability to regenerate a new body when they die, so the actor portraying the Doctor changes every few years. In addition, he's typically accompanied by a companion that changes every few years as well. The show changes a lot with each Doctor/companion pairing, which gives a 'new' feel every so often. The most recent Doctors run ended this past December and a new [much older] actor will be taking over the role [still being accompanied by gorgeous companion from last season).

They started filming the new season last month and are expected to film until Aug/Sep with new episodes starting around the same time.

I still don't think I did it justice, maybe read the first few posts of this ELI5.

I always tell people to get past season 1 to really see where the show takes you. Season 1 is not bad, but its a bad example of what the whole series is like. David Tennant really opens up the character though and the production value goes up substantially after the first few seasons.

I always tell people to get past season 1 to really see where the show takes you. Season 1 is not bad, but its a bad example of what the whole series is like. David Tennant really opens up the character though and the production value goes up substantially after the first few seasons.

I definitely agree with that, Tennant is without a doubt 'MY' Doctor (followed by Eccleston) and I feel the prime years of the show. I just always say to start with series 1 because I feel parts of it are important to the Tennant years and if they like the first series their love for the show will only grow. If someone is on the fence I'll always recommend the first couple years of Smith, which stayed in similar quality throughout his years (this past season excepted, as it was so disjointed).

I definitely agree with that, Tennant is without a doubt 'MY' Doctor (followed by Eccleston) and I feel the prime years of the show. I just always say to start with series 1 because I feel parts of it are important to the Tennant years and if they like the first series their love for the show will only grow. If someone is on the fence I'll always recommend the first couple years of Smith, which stayed in similar quality throughout his years (this past season excepted, as it was so disjointed).

I completely agree. Season 1 is very important to the over all series. But i think once you make it past a few seasons you can appreciate season 1 much more. But many people only watch season 1 and then pass on the rest without giving it much chance.

Smith definitely takes longer to grow on you than Tennant but i think Smith obviously had much larger shoes to fill than Tennant initially did.

Use this thread to discuss any current tv shows you are watching, as well as any you would suggest others to watch.

Archer. I would recommend it to anyone it is just hilarious, like James Bond if it was a comedy and seriously PSLS call Kenny Loggins because you're in the danger zone.

I would have no idea where to start watching Dr. Who... and at any rate, I try not to watch a lot of TV because it gets in the way of video games too much. Right now I've only got the "24" revival as well as one season of Sons of Anarchy left, but other than that I really need to get to work on completing all my games. I've got about 15 PS3 games and maybe a 100 games on Steam that I have yet to play.

Anyone watch Sons of Anarchy? It's a very tedious show, but when it pays off, it pays off in a big way. I'm honestly a little disappointed with it as it's by one of the lead writers of The Shield, which is arguably my favorite TV Drama (besides LOST).

I would have no idea where to start watching Dr. Who... and at any rate, I try not to watch a lot of TV because it gets in the way of video games too much. Right now I've only got the "24" revival as well as one season of Sons of Anarchy left, but other than that I really need to get to work on completing all my games. I've got about 15 PS3 games and maybe a 100 games on Steam that I have yet to play.

Anyone watch Sons of Anarchy? It's a very tedious show, but when it pays off, it pays off in a big way. I'm honestly a little disappointed with it as it's by one of the lead writers of The Shield, which is arguably my favorite TV Drama (besides LOST).
LOST is the best show ever. One of the few shows I could watch through more than once and still enjoy.

I like a lot of American TV but what annoys me is how behind the UK is behind the US, there's only two shows I watch that aren't at least a year behind Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead and as for the rest:

White Collar doesn't have a UK Broadcaster so it's pretty much ended on season 3
Archer is still stuck on Season 4 with no indication from anyone as to when it's coming back
Agents of Shield still hasn't returned from it's hiatus

Sometimes it's like these guys want you to watch their shows online. What else can you do when you're years behind everyone else with no clue as to when you can expect to actually get the show back? Given the advancements that have been made you'd think it'd be easy to show the episodes as soon as their made. Also it'd be great if the US would not give shows like scrubs and Brooklyn Nine-Nine to Channel 4 so they can censor half the episode.

Seriously sometimes I buy the DVDs and it's fun to play a game of "FIND THE CENSORED LINE"

Well, I'll just list what I enjoy currently.

Walking Dead
Face/Off on Syfy (Not the Travolta/Cage movie.)
Ancient Aliens (Laugh all you like. Makes sense to me.)
Arrow
Doctor Who snagged me last year. And I've watched all 50 years of it now.
Opposite Worlds

And now I'm drawing blanks. Always forget what shows I watch a lot when I'm directly asked. I'll post more as I remember.

Can't really suggest anything (being new and all, so I don't really know anyone's tastes and whatnot), but I guess I could just list a handful of series I've gotten into in recent years and consider enjoyable, and leave you guys to do some research on your own and decide whether or not it's worth checking out. =p

Archer
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Suits
Supernatural
The Following
The Walking Dead
White Collar

...Think that just about does it. I mostly stick with anime, but I pick up a few shows on cable here and there. I watch(ed) most of the above shows with my mom, even, so it's something for the both of us to enjoy together. Have yet to get her into Breaking Bad, The Following, or The Walking Dead, but I plan to in due time. Currently, we're working our way through Supernatural on Netflix. Just finished season six tonight. (Personally, I thought things could've ended fine, more or less, at the end of season five. Curious to see how things continue. I've heard season seven sucked, so I'm hoping it's not too bad.) Need to eventually get caught up on Archer, Suits, and White Collar, though.

Also it'd be great if the US would not give shows like scrubs and Brooklyn Nine-Nine to Channel 4 so they can censor half the episode.
Scrubs gets censored?!?! What is to censor??

I've been watching Black Sails on Starz and Vikings on History Channel lately.

Scrubs gets censored?!?! What is to censor??

I've been watching Black Sails on Starz and Vikings on History Channel lately.

Trust me it gets censored and it's the most insane things that get censored, the word ass or certain scenes that don't even have anything inherently bad about them. Channel 4 just go overboard when it comes to censorship also their incredible stupid. Take Agents of Shield, in the UK it hasn't come back from the hiatus yet and it's just about to come back next week so Channel 4 can show all the episodes in a straight line.

We have to watch our shows be censored and wait for insane dates because the people in charge of Channel 4 have some insane form of OCD. (Well I'm guessing)

Been watching Arrested Development. I missed this when it originally aired, so I'm watching every episode on Netflix. So good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"