The Current State of the Playstation Network

First off, thanks for writing/posting your question. Personally, I have had nothing but great experiences with PSN and it's services. I feel that the odd occasion when the network is down for maintenance or to correct an issue is actually good because it lets people know they are working on things. Security improvements, system enhancements and overall stability in performance are exactly why I don't mind paying for the service. I'm no expert on system stability but I do know that there are many more variables to it than what PSN is responsible for. For example - home modem malfunctioning, internet service provider having issues of their own, weather (in some cases), shared internet access that causes hiccups, fluctuations in speed and timing out scenarios. Any and all of these things get wrongly pushed onto PSN as "stability issues" as a lot of people have no idea!!

Unfortunately, we live in a "NOW" society with little to no tolerance or patience for anything. People consider it to be an "inconvenience" and are easily frustrated and even 'offended' when they want something immediately but can't get it. "What do you mean the network is going to be down, I want it now!"

Makes me miss the good old days when going outside and playing games/sports/etc. and having fun with friends was the 'in' thing to do!

I made my brother promise me he wouldn't let a gaming console babysit his kid or raise it.

I won't let games raise my eventual children. I will raise them with games for sure, but I won't let the games do the raising. I will be the one doing the parenting, with D'yani of course.

I share the home with he and his wife so i can guarentee that their kid won't get bored. I like playing with her too much

First off, thanks for writing/posting your question. Personally, I have had nothing but great experiences with PSN and it's services. I feel that the odd occasion when the network is down for maintenance or to correct an issue is actually good because it lets people know they are working on things. Security improvements, system enhancements and overall stability in performance are exactly why I don't mind paying for the service. I'm no expert on system stability but I do know that there are many more variables to it than what PSN is responsible for. For example - home modem malfunctioning, internet service provider having issues of their own, weather (in some cases), shared internet access that causes hiccups, fluctuations in speed and timing out scenarios. Any and all of these things get wrongly pushed onto PSN as "stability issues" as a lot of people have no idea!!

Unfortunately, we live in a "NOW" society with little to no tolerance or patience for anything. People consider it to be an "inconvenience" and are easily frustrated and even 'offended' when they want something immediately but can't get it. "What do you mean the network is going to be down, I want it now!"

Makes me miss the good old days when going outside and playing games/sports/etc. and having fun with friends was the 'in' thing to do!

The problem with the PSN though is when it gets to the point where every other week it's going down. To be fair to Sony though like I said it's not as frequent as it used to be, when I first got a PS3 it hardly worked and I barely either got a good signal but now it's incredible rare that I can't use the PSN for some reason. Still I'm just annoyed about the price hike.

A lot of the games are still set at the £50 mark and even higher in some cases and when it comes to the online versions Sony and the third party are still charging insane prices. I just don't see any noticeable improvements from the leap from PS3 to PS4, well ok sure the games look a little prettier but there's nothing new going in any other part of games development maybe we'll be able to notice more changes as we get further into the life cycle of the X1 and the PS4 but for now I'm not spending money on more of the same.

Also Sony needs to push the cross-buy a lot more. If I've got Minecraft for the PS3 then surely the price for a Vita or PS4 version should decrease. When you buy RE4 the price of RE3 decreases so it's not like it isn't possible to do this on the PSN.

The problem with the PSN though is when it gets to the point where every other week it's going down. To be fair to Sony though like I said it's not as frequent as it used to be, when I first got a PS3 it hardly worked and I barely either got a good signal but now it's incredible rare that I can't use the PSN for some reason. Still I'm just annoyed about the price hike.

A lot of the games are still set at the £50 mark and even higher in some cases and when it comes to the online versions Sony and the third party are still charging insane prices. I just don't see any noticeable improvements from the leap from PS3 to PS4, well ok sure the games look a little prettier but there's nothing new going in any other part of games development maybe we'll be able to notice more changes as we get further into the life cycle of the X1 and the PS4 but for now I'm not spending money on more of the same.

Also Sony needs to push the cross-buy a lot more. If I've got Minecraft for the PS3 then surely the price for a Vita or PS4 version should decrease. When you buy RE4 the price of RE3 decreases so it's not like it isn't possible to do this on the PSN.

I live in Canada and it really frustrated me when the PS4 jumped by 50 dollars from $399 to $449 and games went up from $59 to $69.

Well I do have problems sometimes but is mainly due to the change of the internet company I'm using. They recently joined another, bigger company and now they are one. The problem with that is that they are constantly playing with the service trying to make it better. When I reffer playing I mean that they are working on their system and we get a lot of "no internet connection" times because of them. Overall the PSN service works very good for me as well as their consoles. PS Plus is awesome. I dont mind paying for it. I just go pay 50 dollars and then I forget its even there until I get free games and that kind of stuff.

Is anyone having problems with the PS Store? Yesterday I went to see if there were any deals going on and it just showed a message telling me the store was in maintenance so I figured I'd just wait it out but it's the next day now and the store is still giving me the same annoying message. What the hell is going on?! There's nothing about maintenance anywhere so I can't work out if it's on my end or if Sony's been hacked again or if they just haven't said anything.

There's nothing on the Playstation blog and every other part of the PSN works perfectly fine. So what the hell is going on and how in maintenance lasting more then a day? (NOTE - before anyone jumps the gun like EVERYWHERE else on the freaking internet, I'm not accusing Sony of taking too long. I'm honestly asking how maintenance of a service can last longer then a day)

Is anyone having problems with the PS Store? Yesterday I went to see if there were any deals going on and it just showed a message telling me the store was in maintenance so I figured I'd just wait it out but it's the next day now and the store is still giving me the same annoying message. What the hell is going on?! There's nothing about maintenance anywhere so I can't work out if it's on my end or if Sony's been hacked again or if they just haven't said anything.

There's nothing on the Playstation blog and every other part of the PSN works perfectly fine. So what the hell is going on and how in maintenance lasting more then a day? (NOTE - before anyone jumps the gun like EVERYWHERE else on the freaking internet, I'm not accusing Sony of taking too long. I'm honestly asking how maintenance of a service can last longer then a day)
It probably had something to do with Gamescom announcements and whatnot.

The cross-buy is up to the developer. Sony didn't tell Strider Devs to charge $15 dollars for probably an Ok game at best with no cross-buy at all.

Even though Dragon's Crown isn't cross-buy the Free for Plus gives you both PS3 and Vita copies.

Minecraft for PS3 entitles you to free Vita copy, and a 1 year limited time $5 dollar upgrade path. So... $25 dollars for a PS3, Vita, and PS4 copy of the game isn't bad at all.

Guacamelee not being Cross-buy for the PS4 is disappointing, but how many games have we gotten free for plus with Cross-buy? A nice chunk.

Kinda pissed that D3 RoS:UEE isn't cross-buy for the PS4 version, but considering that there's a firmware patch coming in fall that will let people play local co-op online without owning the game... Well.. that kinda makes it forgivable.

Doing a game share with the PS3 version anyway. So I'll be able to play with quite a few friends.

I live in Canada and it really frustrated me when the PS4 jumped by 50 dollars from $399 to $449 and games went up from $59 to $69.
I'm in America and it frustrates me that i can't go to a doctor, and that minimum wage sucks, and that our overall living expenses are higher than Canada. :p

You guys are getting a 15% price hike give or take. I know lower prices help, but your money is worth 9% less than the U.S. dollar so.... it's not like things were actually equal to begin with.

I'm in America and it frustrates me that i can't go to a doctor, and that minimum wage sucks, and that our overall living expenses are higher than Canada. :p

You guys are getting a 15% price hike give or take. I know lower prices help, but your money is worth 9% less than the U.S. dollar so.... it's not like things were actually equal to begin with.

Plus we have poutine... which is why I got frustrated. That extra 50 bucks could have been used to buy more poutine! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"