An honest question about playstation share and playstation tv

Discussion in 'PlayStation Central' started by phtyt, Oct 18, 2014.

1. phtyt

phtyt PSLS Level: Newbie

Ok so ill start off with this, can anyone actually explain how playstation share works? By this , i mean i get what the feature does, im asking how does it make it happen? how can a player who doesnt own a game be able to play it on their ps4 , with someone across the country who has the game and is playing it? I am interseted in how this actually works . Seems to me somehow it streams it to the persons ps4 that doesnt have it? i really dunno just a guess.
    Now my reason im asking this is, If a person who does not have a game , is able to play it with someone who does, why cant someone buy a playstation tv , hook it up to a seperate tv from their ps4 , and invite their roommate, wife, brother , sister , someone in the same house to come and join them in a game using playstation share mixed with playstation tv? Instead of having to buy a whole seperate ps4 , why wouldnt this work with a ps4 and a playstation tv in the same house? Im just trying to figure out how all this works. Thanks for any legit answers!

2. phtyt

phtyt PSLS Level: Newbie

ok so 337 views and no one really knows, well good to know !

3. Farsendor

Farsendor PSLS Level: Newbie

PSN:
    Farsendor
    I'll reply but i'm not going to be informative because I have no ideal how it is going to work.

4. Lifewish

Lifewish 중재자 Staff Member

PSN:
    lifewish
    Just like Farsendor, I honestly don't have a really great and informative answer for you.

With the PlayStation TV, you can only stream games from a PS4, so sharing it with them wouldn't work because they would need to stream from your PS4 in your house.. So I don't believe there is any possible way that would work.

5. stolenxnametag

stolenxnametag PSLS Level: Kraken PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    arithrottle
    This feature will not be implemented until the v2.0 firmware update on PS4. As of now, nobody is really sure how it works. :(