Are you buying PS TV?

darkforcegod

PSLS Level: Bronze
PSLS Ambassador
Are you gonna get the new PS TV? At launch or later? Do you think its worth it or a waste of money?

Let us know on your comments below.

My personal opinion is that I want it just because there are a lot of vita games that I can play ( because I have them or that PS Plus offered them and did not play them ) and others that I can buy and preffer to play them on the big screen.

Its just a matter of taste. I dont think that PS Vita is bad but I personally dont find it confortable on my hands, plus I dont play while Im outside of my house ( 99%) sure about that and if I play its in another guy's house or something like that. You see I am more like stay at home to play and outside to study and have other types of fun. So the point is that a handheld is not very good deal for me and the PS TV offers me flexibility and it is a console so I can take it in my pocket and just connect it and thats it.

I had my pre-ordered for the longest time but due to not wanting to spend the money right now I have cancelled my pre-order.. I may eventually pick it up later on.

I will consider it down the road only for the capability of playing PS4 games in another room.

I havent pre order it. I dont have my Vita right now for reason I dont want to explain because its long and a lot of bs. If I can get the Vita before October 12 then I will pay it fully and wait until Tuesday 9 am.

Don't have a Vita thought about buying it for that reason and to have another Netflix box but apparently Netflix isn't working on PS TV

I did not buy it. The reason is that all the games I want to play are not compatible at least for now. I will buy it later when they update it. For now there is no reason to buy it because it would be only a waste of money and space at home.

I just picked one up. Picked up the $139.99 bundle at Best Buy this week which was on sale for $99.99. I figure for $10o i would utilize it enough to justify it.

Thats good @Vinomen . Hope you enjoy it. I hope the games announced for Vita ( the indies that are coming to PS4 that are cross buy) can be used on the PS TV as well.

I bought one.

It's sitting under the tree.

With my name on it...

I actually am bummed, and super excited.

I'm super excited because I want to try Sony's program that lets you transfer the games to your computer over the network it should be super speedy so basically an unlimited storage space for all your Vita games.

I would be excited for Disgaea 3 but I hear they haven't patched support in T_T.

I think I'm going to love it, because my PS3's Hard Drive is way too full, and since companies aren't embracing Cross-buy any game where I'm like "I want it but I can't decide if I want to play it on the Vita or with a Controller" I'll be able to buy it on Vita and play it via Vita or with my Vita T.V.

To be honest the thing would be completely obsolete for me if the Vita supported PS4 controllers wireless. My hands just start to hurt after a while of playing some games and sometimes I get scared I'm going to wear out the R1 L1 on games with lots of trigger presses.

I do want one. most games are digital, so it would be a great deal to me, shame in mexico is not for sale

I use mine all the time!!.. been playing Freedom Wars on my big TV instead of the tiny Vita.

What's the point in getting one?
Countless things. Putting it in another room so that you can remote play PS4 from 1 room to another so you can enjoy games without having to move the entire console and everything that's hooked up to it all around the house, there's playing longer PSP or Vita games on bigger screens, or with a controller instead of the Vita controller. I don't know about you but lots of games make my hand cramp up on the Vita after a while. Especially more console like ones. Disgaea or Persona 4 Golden for example.

Another reason to have a Playstation t.v. is to have a small monitor that you can take around the house with you. So if you're sick you can have it by your bedside. You can play Nidhogg on it, and there are other games where you can do local co-op.

You don't have to decide if you want One Piece Unlimited World Red on PS3 or Vita. Get the Vita version and play it on TV

The main reason I want it, is because I want to set it up to transfer games to my PC, so I can put all my Vita games on my PC, so that I can transfer games to and from a lot more easily.

Youtubers will like being able to get this instead of modding a Vita so that they can have video output so they can record video directly off the system. What if you want to play a fighting game on a controller most of the time, but sometimes you want to take it with you? You can buy the Vita version instead of buying the console AND the Vita version.

I mean you name a genre there's reasons why a Vita T.V. might make sense.

Last edited:
Countless things. Putting it in another room so that you can remote play PS4 from 1 room to another so you can enjoy games without having to move the entire console and everything that's hooked up to it all around the house, there's playing longer PSP or Vita games on bigger screens, or with a controller instead of the Vita controller. I don't know about you but lots of games make my hand cramp up on the Vita after a while. Especially more console like ones. Disgaea or Persona 4 Golden for example.

Another reason to have a Playstation t.v. is to have a small monitor that you can take around the house with you. So if you're sick you can have it by your bedside. You can play Nidhogg on it, and there are other games where you can do local co-op.

You don't have to decide if you want One Piece Unlimited World Red.

The main reason I want it, is because I want to set it up to transfer games to my PC, so I can put all my Vita games on my PC, so that I can transfer games to and from a lot more easily.

Youtubers will like being able to get this instead of modding a Vita so that they can have video output so they can record video directly off the system. What if you want to play a fighting game on a controller most of the time, but sometimes you want to take it with you? You can buy the Vita version instead of buying the console AND the Vita version.

I mean you name a genre there's reasons why a Vita T.V. might make sense.

It's not a product i would buy, i have more then enough electronics, And i would have no reason to use it. It's just an item that's not for me. I hope you enjoy yours though.

Yes I think at some point I will be buying it... Just because of the ability of playing my ps4 on the upstairs tv and to have Netflix and Vita and PSP games ready to go when I need them... easy convenient and quick...

Pop that off and take it to my parents when I stay there for long visits or sleeping over to help out with things I can still have some game time on a proper tv.

Yes I think at some point I will be buying it... Just because of the ability of playing my ps4 on the upstairs tv and to have Netflix and Vita and PSP games ready to go when I need them... easy convenient and quick...

Pop that off and take it to my parents when I stay there for long visits or sleeping over to help out with things I can still have some game time on a proper tv.

To be honest I wish Sony would just find a way to make the PS4 play Playstation T.V. digital games emulated or what ever they would have to do.

They never did that with PSP/PS3 so... I guess S.O.L. but that would basically destroy everything negative you can say about the Vita I.M.O.

Sony could then drop the mic, walk off the stage, and Christmas would be saved! They would be rewarded with "Sony wins E3 again" every year.

Picked mine up for $60 from Best Buy although I have yet to set it up. I was sold when I saw it played Freedom Wars

My hands just start to hurt after a while of playing some games and sometimes I get scared I'm going to wear out the R1 L1 on games with lots of trigger presses.
Nox Vidmate VLC

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"