Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes

Phoenix8387

PSLS Level: Bronze
Today there was a large press conference held to announce the next version of Disney Infinity, focusing primarily around Marvel characters.

Launch Marvel characters include Cap, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Hawkeye and Black Widow with more to be announced. Other in-game models for possible figures that were shown include Spider-Man, Rocket Racoon, Groot, Nick Fury, Loki, Green Goblin and M.O.D.O.K. This phase is not Marvel exclusive and will include other Disney properties as well, with Stitch, Merida and Maleficent making appearances in the announcement trailer. It's been announced for current-gen and last-gen and removing the original Wii (which severely held the game back).

The livestream went much more into detail about many of the new features of the game.

Has this convinced or even given anybody an inkling that they want to jump into the DI universe with Marvel?

Edit: More characters will be announced at E3.

Last edited:
Yes, if I was a kid I would so jump on something like this. Me, now, I may just leave it as being jealous about the cool crap kids get these days.

I recently hopped onto the Disney Infinity bandwagon after seeing the Starter Pack on sale and figures at a more reasonable price. I've always been a collector and had intense desires to get in on the whole Skylanders deal. However, Skylanders came out and became popular while I was deeply rooted into my MMO phase, so I completely missed any and all news about it untill a couple years later. Meaning I would have problems finding certain figures and would have to pay a premium for certain figures if I desired them.

Then Disney Infinity came along last year, which had many more recognizable characters. Many of which were characters from movies that I grew up with and loved and even some other newer favorites. However, I still didn't pick the game up. I was too worried that it would be a massive money investment (and it is, just much less so than I expected), so I passed on it. Then my sister picked up a copy during late last year for Christmas and started collecting figures (she hasn't even played the game and has collected some 10-15 figures). My neice loves playing with the figures and while watching her I would always admire the figures. (Okay, now I'm starting to creep myself out) Anyway, I finally decided I was going to take the plunge next time the game went on sale. So I did. I'm one of those people who like to Plat a game and move on. I Platted the game a week ago, still playing it and buying new figures and playsets.

I was right that it was a money investment. However because of frequent deals, figures can be relatively cheap. They retail for around $15, but can often be found for $10 or less. Furthermore, there are regular deals that include 50% off or Buy-2-Get-1-Free.

Adding Marvel characters only makes this more enticing. Characters I love and I can get my nephew in on it too.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to add my gripes when writing this. My largest gripe is the disconnect between playsets. They are by large completely independant of each other. I would love to see interconnected stories or even a little crossover. Depending on how they handle 2.0, the Marvel aspect of this could satisfy that need by giving different characters different individual storylines. I also wish they added trophies. Because the Trophy rules are kinda fuzzy and unknown, I'm not even sure if they would be allowed to without releasing some sort of DLC on the PSN as Sony would likely want some sort of cut.

Last edited:
WASTE.... OF...... MONEY

Just like Skylanders, this will be a huge money pit with hardly any return on your investment. I should know, I purchased Skylanders and like 20+ figures for my kid and it was not worth the almost $250 investment.

This will be no different but I don't blame them for coming out with it and trying to get some of that money. At least these characters are recognizable and that has to count for something I guess.

I'll get it, I debated on the fir, but considering my son is only 3, I thought it best to wait, especially since I wanted it in the PS4. Well this sounds perfect to me, and my son loves marvel, so win win.

Side note, I can almost guarantee that next year infinity 3 will be Star Wars centric.

I recently hopped onto the Disney Infinity bandwagon after seeing the Starter Pack on sale and figures at a more reasonable price. I've always been a collector and had intense desires to get in on the whole Skylanders deal. However, Skylanders came out and became popular while I was deeply rooted into my MMO phase, so I completely missed any and all news about it untill a couple years later. Meaning I would have problems finding certain figures and would have to pay a premium for certain figures if I desired them.

This is exactly why I skipped Skylanders and Disney Infinity, My need to own the whole set would consume me lol. I did want to get Disney Infinity but I played it (although it was on the Wii) and i wasn't really that impressed. However my Daughter is turning 4 in may and she actually loves to watch Marvel Stuff (Teen Titans, Hulk Smash, etc) So i may end up with something like this.

I'll get it, I debated on the fir, but considering my son is only 3, I thought it best to wait, especially since I wanted it in the PS4. Well this sounds perfect to me, and my son loves marvel, so win win.

Side note, I can almost guarantee that next year infinity 3 will be Star Wars centric.
Definitely agree with you that Star Wars will be the headliner next year. There's even a WSJ article from last year that talks about Marvel and Star Wars versions being planned. With the new animated series starting later this year and the new trilogy kicking off next year, it's a no brainer.

This is exactly why I skipped Skylanders and Disney Infinity, My need to own the whole set would consume me lol. I did want to get Disney Infinity but I played it (although it was on the Wii) and i wasn't really that impressed. However my Daughter is turning 4 in may and she actually loves to watch Marvel Stuff (Teen Titans, Hulk Smash, etc) So i may end up with something like this.
Yea... I picked up DI about a month ago, already spent $80 on more figures/playsets and eyeing quite a few more next time a sale rolls around.

WASTE.... OF...... MONEY

Just like Skylanders, this will be a huge money pit with hardly any return on your investment. I should know, I purchased Skylanders and like 20+ figures for my kid and it was not worth the almost $250 investment.

This will be no different but I don't blame them for coming out with it and trying to get some of that money. At least these characters are recognizable and that has to count for something I guess.
Bu..But....Toys...

A friend of mine told me that disney i finity was nothing more then disney's way of ripping off little big planet. Any truth to that?

A friend of mine told me that disney i finity was nothing more then disney's way of ripping off little big planet. Any truth to that?
Yes and no. It has similar level building features, yes. But does that make it a rip off? Not in my mind. Sure the creation and sharing of levels is not original, but it's not like LBP was the original create your own levels and share them game either. Other than some platforming in DI, thats about the most they really share in common.

LBP was hardly unique. It was merely the first of its kind on consoles.

The appeal of Infinity was always the Toybox. The sets were just a means to enjoy a small semblance of a story and unlock more goodies for use in the Toybox. If you know how to use the tools and have unlocked the vast plethora of toys to use, then just about anything is possible.

I managed to stymie my figure collector impulses with it. So I haven't gotten all the toys. However, I have all of the sets. Why? Toybox options. I love to create worlds, games, and scenarios. Infinity allows me to do that on a great level. And I enjoy it even more when I watch the kids or others play "my own" video game. And the community makes increasingly more clever Toybox inventions to download for free and play. I may get back into all the fun when 2.0 releases. I can just imagine the amount of depth the new goodies and character abilities will add to the play experience.

I avoided DI for the longest time because of the $75 start up cost. However, I recently bought it for $30 and have to say even as an adult gamer I'm thrilled with how good it turned out.
The Pirates of the Caribbean set alone is a great game.....obviously a lower level of difficulty but tons of collecting to be done. I will however stay away from the characters that don't have an actual playset as they have very little play value.

The best part for me is knowing my figures will work with 2.0 as well.

I avoided DI for the longest time because of the $75 start up cost. However, I recently bought it for $30 and have to say even as an adult gamer I'm thrilled with how good it turned out.
The Pirates of the Caribbean set alone is a great game.....obviously a lower level of difficulty but tons of collecting to be done. I will however stay away from the characters that don't have an actual playset as they have very little play value.

The best part for me is knowing my figures will work with 2.0 as well.

The main focus of Infinity isn't the playsets, it is the Toybox. The vast possibilites limited only by your imagination are what make the game really shine. The characters with no playset are for use in the Toybox. To add even more enjoyment to your creations. I mean, there was no way I was going without the Pumpkin King.

I'm definitely excited about the new possibilities 2.0 will give. And what looks to be a larger toybox experience. The playsets are seemingly more involved. I look forward to finding out. And I HAVE to get Venom!

Just can't get into the whole disney infinity thing.
Disney + games.....
Ya, can't get into it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"