E3 Discussion

darkforcegod

PSLS Level: Bronze
PSLS Ambassador
For me E3 Sony was good. A lot of good games like Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered, Far Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid V TPP, The Order 1886 and more.

The only thing I felt missing was the PS Vita 2000 for the US and its terrritories. I would have loved to see that. But we cannot get everything in one night. What do you guys think? Leave your comments below. Take care and long live gaming.

I thought the conferences were both good in their own right, it really depends what type of games you prefer. The Order 1886 and Uncharted 4 look fantastic, but I just don't care for them. Would I watch someone play them? Absolutely. Will I end up purchasing them? Highly doubtful. I've tried to get into the Uncharted series, just can't, they aren't for me.

MGSV and Far Cry 4 are day one purchases most likely for me.

But overall exclusives wise, Microsoft won for me personally with one announcement alone. Crackdown 3 is gonna be one epic game. I absolutely LOVE the first two games, and cannot wait for the newest entry into the series. Day one purchase, collector's edition if they have one, and I will get every damn orb.

Other than that though it seems like both companies didn't take too many risks with big announcements. I miss where we used to be shocked with these conferences. I want something that will surprise everyone. But those days seem to be long gone.

On a non gaming note, I am really looking forward to the PlayStation TV, great accessory IMO.

The PS TV looks cool like a Batman gadget haha. Its gonna be good. Far Cry 4 is on my list for buying on day one. The other games are not coming until much later so yeah I have to wait. The Witcher 3 is also a must buy for me because I like that kind of games and it looks that is going to be a game that I wont regret buying. Other than that I dont see anything that good.

Is PSLS conducting a post-conference interview with the PS4 crew? I'd like for them to answer my questions.

I'm honestly underwhelmed by almost everything except for No Man's Sky and Bloodborne.
  • Sunset Overdrive reminds me of Bulletstorm with how satirical it's trying to be but still managing to fall into every other genre cliche
  • That Conker cocktease for those of us who've been wanting a Rare-style platformer for a very long time (Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts all over again, it's the kick in the balls that keeps on kicking)
  • Platinum/Kamiya's new game didn't show any gameplay and the trailer was poorly made
  • No actual gameplay for Halo 5 showing that 343 actually listened to fan input about the insane amount of problems with Halo 4
  • Microsoft not showing D4 now that they've possibly fucked over Swery's development with the removal of Kinect
  • New Tomb Raider getting one of the dumbest sequel names ever
  • EA neglected to show major gameplay for Mirror's Edge and Battlefront
  • Not showing whatever they're planning for Rock Band even though they're already said that an 8th gen game was in the works.
  • Dragon Age pandering to god knows what audience
  • More combat development focus and EVERYONE'S A WINNER level design in Mirror's Edge (thanks @Lifewish )
  • Ubi's games all looked too scripted to be natural play, especially The Division
  • IN A WORLD WHERE EVERYTHING WAS GOOD AND PEOPLE LIVED FOREVER BUT THEN THEY DIDN'T, THERE WAS BUNGIELANDS!
  • The Order being literally everything wrong with modern video games
  • Sony completely neglected the Vita and are perfectly content with pawning it off as a PS4 accessory
  • Most games not being available until 2015
  • Not showing any footage from the Ratchet & Clank remake
  • Sony pulling the same "exclusive/timed exclusive/console exclusive" bullshit that has pissed me off so much throughout the 7th gen and MS's reign of terror.
At least I got in the Hardline beta, hopefully I'll get an invite to The Crew beta next month as well. I want Nintendo to do well tomorrow but with only a 30 minute Direct I don't feel like they've got much to show this year besides SSB. I'm hoping I see more smaller surprise announcements like Valiant Hearts over the next two days but I've just become way too much of a cynic to really look forward to more AAA developer lies

Abzû
Bloodborne
Far Cry 4
LittleBigPlanet 3
Mirrors Edge (2?)
No Man's Sky
The Talos Principle
Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Those all collectively won E3 for me today, though Microsoft's Achievement app update was nice, too. While Microsoft (Halo collection), EA (golfing over a battleship), and Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed co-op??) really brought some great stuff today, Sony killed it. That's not speaking from a fanboy perspective, either. That's from a gamer perspective. The games they presented consistently looked interesting this year, even the ones that I didn't really want to play all that much, like Dead Island 2.

Also, we get free TV shows for being Plus subscribers. We didn't see The Last Guardian, but what we saw wasn't bad today.

My big criticisms, though: Why did they show Kingdom Hearts clips in their final video montage and during the Vita presentation? Sony said NOTHING about Kingdom Hearts at all, and they certainly haven't said anything about it being on Vita. They only gave Vita a brief mention by announcing ports for it.

I agree with @cigarley too. What was up with all of the 2015 games?

THIS^^^^
Though didn't they recently state they were working on another Hitman game? I could've swore I read that somewhere.

I remember the article as well, here on playstationlifestyle at that. But i was hoping for something more official you know? Like a trailer or something.

The Last Guardian is going in the same path of FFXV. When PS6 is launched then we will see it. If we are lucky.

All games say 2015 too. The other games that are closer are at least 2 months away. This is a boring summer for me. Really boring. Considering if I should buy FFXIV so I can have something to play for 2 months at least or a gun will end on my head haha.

I went into the conference with no expectations (Been too busy lately to keep up with whats going on in the gaming world) and I was not disappointed. Was it disappointing that damn near every game was a 2015 release? Yeah. Was it disappointing that most games had a teaser trailer instead of gameplay? Indeed.

I missed the Microsoft/EA conferences and literally fell asleep during Ubisoft's. That was mostly because of the stream freezes I experienced and partly because Unity looked so damn boring. I did manage to stay away for all of Sony's, though. And underwhelming is how I would describe that.

Teasing me with the Division every other presentation will earn you no points. As a Ratchet and Clank fan, I'm interested in the movie but when that takes priority over the upcoming game at a gaming conference, I will have to mark you down for that. I also didn't care for their emphasis on rereleases. Woo :rolleyes: Last of Us and GTA V will be released soon.

On the bright side, No Man's sky still looks awesome and there will be some great games to look forward to next year. Rainbow 6 Siege looked like a game I could get excited about with a little more info on it, it might be one of the few pre orders for me out of this conference.

Maybe. I don't know because I saw so many trailers I don't know what to go by with these games other than the rep of their developers. I went in with nothing and took very little away from the start. I still have low expectations for the rest of the conference so if nothing blows me away, there's always 2015.

I thought the conferences were good, Sony was great, but what they announced I'm a huge fan of. MS was decent, mostly since there was a lot of third party games. Ubisoft was good, Far Cry 4 woot. EA slightly disappointing mostly since a lot of those games were announced last year.

I know a lot was announced for 2015, but the end of the year is pretty packed, and since I don't have loads of game time anyways, so bring nice and spread out works for me.

I was fairly pleased with both MS and Sony, but I got this overwhelming feeling that many of the games and trailers are all games we will be seeing again at the next E3. And outside of KH, there was no RPG love.

Ubisoft has a boring conference every year..

I personally thought both Microsoft and Sony were a tad underwhelming. Microsoft showed off slightly better exclusives while Sony decided to give way too much love to MP games with exclusive DLC (lamest thing ever).. The Suda51 exclusive didn't look that impressive and I love indies, but too many were shown.

I also find it funny that the new SCEA CEO made it a point to talk about the Vita going forward and the 100 games in development, but they decided not to give it any love with any big announcements.

So in the end, Microsoft slightly won on the games but Sony won on the PlayStation TV.

I'm honestly underwhelmed by almost everything except for No Man's Sky and Bloodborne.
  • Sunset Overdrive reminds me of Bulletstorm with how satirical it's trying to be but still managing to fall into every other genre cliche
  • That Conker cocktease for those of us who've been wanting a Rare-style platformer for a very long time (Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts all over again, it's the kick in the balls that keeps on kicking)
  • Platinum/Kamiya's new game didn't show any gameplay and the trailer was poorly made
  • No actual gameplay for Halo 5 showing that 343 actually listened to fan input about the insane amount of problems with Halo 4
  • Microsoft not showing D4 now that they've possibly fucked over Swery's development with the removal of Kinect
  • New Tomb Raider getting one of the dumbest sequel names ever
  • EA neglected to show major gameplay for Mirror's Edge and Battlefront
  • Not showing whatever they're planning for Rock Band even though they're already said that an 8th gen game was in the works.
  • Dragon Age pandering to god knows what audience
  • More combat development focus and EVERYONE'S A WINNER level design in Mirror's Edge (thanks @Lifewish )
  • Ubi's games all looked too scripted to be natural play, especially The Division
  • IN A WORLD WHERE EVERYTHING WAS GOOD AND PEOPLE LIVED FOREVER BUT THEN THEY DIDN'T, THERE WAS BUNGIELANDS!
  • The Order being literally everything wrong with modern video games
  • Sony completely neglected the Vita and are perfectly content with pawning it off as a PS4 accessory
  • Most games not being available until 2015
  • Not showing any footage from the Ratchet & Clank remake
  • Sony pulling the same "exclusive/timed exclusive/console exclusive" bullshit that has pissed me off so much throughout the 7th gen and MS's reign of terror.
At least I got in the Hardline beta, hopefully I'll get an invite to The Crew beta next month as well. I want Nintendo to do well tomorrow but with only a 30 minute Direct I don't feel like they've got much to show this year besides SSB. I'm hoping I see more smaller surprise announcements like Valiant Hearts over the next two days but I've just become way too much of a cynic to really look forward to more AAA developer lies

The fact that most of these games aren't coming out til next year isn't good for any console

I think Nintendo showed the most games I will actually buy.

Especially Zelder Scrolls and Xenoblade Chronicles X, so much win.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"