Game drama

@Chandler Wood

couldn't quite remember the MGR so I went back and took a look. apparently some people are STILL goin on about it. it's at 357 comments.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/19/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-review-ps3/

My favorite part about the arguments and stuff on that board is that it always boils down to "This game is amazing, clearly the reviewer has shit taste in games and sucks at them if he doesn't share the same opinion and like the same games as me!" Top notch debates going on.

My favorite part about the arguments and stuff on that board is that it always boils down to "This game is amazing, clearly the reviewer has shit taste in games and sucks at them if he doesn't share the same opinion and like the same games as me!" Top notch debates going on.

@Untraditional
I, in all honesty, don't remember a damn thing I said in that argument, but I know I probably said something, what though.......i have no freakin idea. with 357 comments though.......no way in hell am i gonna go look through that many just to see if i can find out. i think i'll pass.

@Untraditional
I, in all honesty, don't remember a damn thing I said in that argument, but I know I probably said something, what though.......i have no freakin idea. with 357 comments though.......no way in hell am i gonna go look through that many just to see if i can find out. i think i'll pass.

Lol if you read any random one, they tend to go down the same path, i wouldn't waste my time with all those either.

Imo reviews in general are pretty damn useless.

I generally look at reviews and go "Oh lots of 8s and 9s, so this games probably worth getting"

If it's a 6 or 7 I generally tend to go "Oh well I should check and see if it's in my style of gaming"

If it's poorly reviewed I tend to go to message boards on Gamefaqs and find out what people like about the game.

I generally decide to get a game based on Playstation Nation Podcast and the Offical Sony Blogcast. If they can't stop talking about a game, (like Olli Olli or Dark Souls) I'm much more likely to pick a game up.

I also buy stuff that's really cheap on sale. 50% or more. If it's Cross-Buy I will almost guaranteed get it eventually. I try out demos. I don't buy stuff if I feel it's over priced. $10 dollars and not cross-buy and no platinum? Probably not getting it.

Imo reviews in general are pretty damn useless.

I generally look at reviews and go "Oh lots of 8s and 9s, so this games probably worth getting"

If it's a 6 or 7 I generally tend to go "Oh well I should check and see if it's in my style of gaming"

If it's poorly reviewed I tend to go to message boards on Gamefaqs and find out what people like about the game.

I generally decide to get a game based on Playstation Nation Podcast and the Offical Sony Blogcast. If they can't stop talking about a game, (like Olli Olli or Dark Souls) I'm much more likely to pick a game up.

I also buy stuff that's really cheap on sale. 50% or more. If it's Cross-Buy I will almost guaranteed get it eventually. I try out demos. I don't buy stuff if I feel it's over priced. $10 dollars and not cross-buy and no platinum? Probably not getting it.

I have completely forgotten what i use as a means to know what game i want. Probably how much it is talked about. I seem to know that i want a game before i get it, or if its cheap, impulse buys.

I have completely forgotten what i use as a means to know what game i want. Probably how much it is talked about. I seem to know that i want a game before i get it, or if its cheap, impulse buys.

@Untraditional

my means........if it looks interesting, i'll get it.
I've never bought anything based on a critics review, talk or anything like that. i let the gameplay and plot speak for itself, if I'm ever unsure, i just rent a copy or borrow the game from a friend (if they happen to have it).

@Untraditional

my means........if it looks interesting, i'll get it.
I've never bought anything based on a critics review, talk or anything like that. i let the gameplay and plot speak for itself, if I'm ever unsure, i just rent a copy or borrow the game from a friend (if they happen to have it).
I bought way too many crappy games during the PS2 days. Now I look up everything before I buy it.

The best way to use reviews is not for the score, but for the text of the review. From the text, you can get a fairly good idea of what the game is like, and then make your own judgments on if you would like it or not. If you try to use a score, it is subjective and varies across sites and even across reviewers. Always read the review text, and make your judgment on that

I only use scores as a baseline. I don't trust most reviewers. Whether it is a Brutal Legend or a Knack the real gems critics tend not to get right.

I only use scores as a baseline. I don't trust most reviewers. Whether it is a Brutal Legend or a Knack the real gems critics tend not to get right.
I didn't much care for Knack. Not a terrible game, it was solid, but it wasn't a "must-play" in my book, I gave it a 6 out of 10 as such.

I bought way too many crappy games during the PS2 days. Now I look up everything before I buy it.
^^this. The recent review of Strider got a 6, and I can't be mad. It looks like several games that I've seen before, and the reviewer obviously had a few qualms with certain gameplay mechanics. People who actually read the Review Policy know that this would make the game a 6.

I wanna see how all the app, social, PS4, stuff works out. Lot of people seem to love it.
The app gave Knack more replay value than anything else for me. I could play the mini-game from the app at work and cash in the gems at home. I never went back and finished the platinum for that game - and I probably won't - but it was fun throughout the first playthrough.

HAHAHAHA That happens in EVERY SINGLE REVIEW at PSLS!! Even if the score is a 10, the someone says, "This reviewer is fucking baseless - this game only got a 10 because of [insert dubious reason]."

HAHAHAHA That happens in EVERY SINGLE REVIEW at PSLS!! Even if the score is a 10, the someone says, "This reviewer is fucking baseless - this game only got a 10 because of [insert dubious reason]."

You should see how much it happens on OTHER sites, like my god, its one thing to hide being a huge gamer in public but now i feel like i got to hide it online too =\

You should see how much it happens on OTHER sites, like my god, its one thing to hide being a huge gamer in public but now i feel like i got to hide it online too =\

@Untraditional
now a days it's like that almost everywhere, internet and in public, how judge mental is that? it's like.
"oh you are a gamer? you are such a loser."
when you think about it, trolls are partly responsible for that thinking, in a way. by taking certain stuff WAY too seriously and making a huge deal out of everything that bugs them.

don't forget those lovely console fight's, you gotta love the xbox and Nintendo trolls.
-_-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"