Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Chalryn, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Chalryn

Chalryn PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Chalryn
    Because this area of the forum needs some content, and this game needs a thread of its own. :p
    (Note: 'Retro' vs. 'Nintendo' because it was available on the Sega Genesis as well as the SNES.)

Who else played/loved this game?

2. Arthur Sataine

Arthur Sataine PSLS Level: Bronze PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    Been quite awhile since I've played this! I spent many an hour doing so in my past though. Fun little game.

3. Lifewish

Lifewish 중재자 Staff Member

PSN:
    lifewish
    I have actually never heard of this but it looks like a lot of fun. Was it pretty difficult?

4. Chalryn

PSN:
    Chalryn
    The first few levels are very easy, with a bit of added difficulty later (mainly, the appearance of certain enemies), and by the time you get 20-30 levels in... let's just say those passwords you get every few levels will come in handy, heh. Game Grumps did a pretty good job of showing how the madness develops, haha.

I think one of the coolest things about the game, though, which I didn't know until years later, was that each enemy type is weak against certain weapons. (I especially like the werewolves being weak against silverware.) Makes all that weapon-hoarding so much more worthwhile, and knowing the enemies' weaknesses can make such a huge difference in your survivability.

5. Lifewish

Lifewish 중재자 Staff Member

PSN:
    lifewish
    You are making me want to grab my SNES from the attic and find a copy to buy!

Arthur Sataine likes this.
  6. Dullshimmer

Dullshimmer PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Dullshimmer
    If ever there was a game that needed a spiritual sequel or a remake this would be on my list.

7. Chalryn

PSN:
    Chalryn
    Technically, there was a sort of spiritual successor (albeit from a different company, I believe), called Monster Madness: Grave Danger, or something like that. I never really heard much about it, though. From what I understand, it didn't live up to ZAMN. A legit remake or something would indeed be sweet.

8. Dullshimmer

Dullshimmer PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Dullshimmer
    Ah yes I did hear about that and I think I even played the demo, but I wasn't as impressed with it as ZAMN. Maybe I'll have to go back and look at it.

9. cigarley

cigarley PSLS Level: Silver

PSN:
    cigarley
    Don't mind me, just dropping off this awesomeness
    zombiesatemyneighbors.jpg

Chalryn likes this.
  10. Stewey

Stewey PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    srewbacca
    This was a great game when I was a kid. Remembering it makes me tempted to pull out the old system and play it again for nostalgia's sake.

11. Jacky

Jacky PSLS Level: Silver

PSN:
    ScoobyPup01
    don't think I've ever played it, can't be sure. I wouldn't mind if some zombies actually ate certain neighbors of mine, just as long as they left me alone.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    cigarley likes this.