Indie Games or AAA

Indie Games or AAA

• i prefer indie games

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • i prefer AAA

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
I would prefer to see AAA titles, I don't mind indie's but I think AAA titles (or at least the ones I've played) seem to play better.

I would have to say indie games, because games like Hotline Miami, Journey, Fez, etc. offer an experience that most AAA games just don't bring to the table. Don't get me wrong I like the AAA games that I buy upon release, but something is just lost in the massive development that occurs when making these style of games.

Does Kerbal Space Program count as indie? I know it's not PS3, but I've put a lot of hours into that game. When it comes to PS3, I've gotta go with AAA....think: The Last of Us...so...beautiful!

Does Kerbal Space Program count as indie? I know it's not PS3, but I've put a lot of hours into that game. When it comes to PS3, I've gotta go with AAA....think: The Last of Us...so...beautiful!

but I'm referring to the ps4, but as for the game you mentioned, I have no clue. never heard of it. who is the developer?

but I'm referring to the ps4, but as for the game you mentioned, I have no clue. never heard of it. who is the developer?
Whoops. I'm keeping it old school with the Ps3. I'm not sure who the developer is...so they must be indie! If you like to think you're a rocket scientist, you should drop the PS4 and go check out Kerbal.

Whoops. I'm keeping it old school with the Ps3. I'm not sure who the developer is...so they must be indie! If you like to think you're a rocket scientist, you should drop the PS4 and go check out Kerbal.

just because you haven't heard of them, doesn't mean they aren't indie. you may just not have heard of them.

2014-02-04_00004.jpg It's really not that simple for me, I've enjoyed some indie games immensely even with the lower production values. Games like Bastion and La Mulana have held my interest far more than the likes of Gears of War and Bioshock Infinite... hell Bioshock Infinite and DmC were some of my most disliked games for 2013, and they both had incredible production values. Meanwhile Dragon's Crown (my personal GOTY) was made by a staff of like 12 people.

Either way, there's a middle ground since both "indie" and "AAA" are hard to define, 90% of my PS3 library definitely falls somewhere in between both. I adore the inFamous series, but I would really like to start seeing more info on Lily Bergamo, Deep Down and the new EDF more than I would like new info on Uncharted 4. Smaller games are the ones that pad out the time between AAA releases, and ultimately those are the titles that make consoles worth owning for me.

View attachment 87 It's really not that simple for me, I've enjoyed some indie games immensely even with the lower production values. Games like Bastion and La Mulana have held my interest far more than the likes of Gears of War and Bioshock Infinite... hell Bioshock Infinite and DmC were some of my most disliked games for 2013, and they both had incredible production values. Meanwhile Dragon's Crown (my personal GOTY) was made by a staff of like 12 people.

Either way, there's a middle ground since both "indie" and "AAA" are hard to define, 90% of my PS3 library definitely falls somewhere in between both. I adore the inFamous series, but I would really like to start seeing more info on Lily Bergamo, Deep Down and the new EDF more than I would like new info on Uncharted 4. Smaller games are the ones that pad out the time between AAA releases, and ultimately those are the titles that make consoles worth owning for me.

isn't Deep Down being made by Crapcom?

isn't Deep Down being made by Crapcom?
Yes. I know they've done a lot of shit (I can't decide which hurts more, the death of Mega Man or Devil May Cry), but they still put out some good material. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, and Dragon's Dogma are some of the best games I played during the 7th gen.

Ultimately I'm still going to support a good game, even if the publishers have a sketchy track record. Since I know you're a fan of Sengoku Basara, I think you would still agree with me.

Yes. I know they've done a lot of shit (I can't decide which hurts more, the death of Mega Man or Devil May Cry), but they still put out some good material. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, and Dragon's Dogma are some of the best games I played during the 7th gen.

Ultimately I'm still going to support a good game, even if the publishers have a sketchy track record. Since I know you're a fan of Sengoku Basara, I think you would still agree with me.

what hurts most was they BOTH died

and it's just a question I had to ask. you have one half who say they want more AAA on their ps4 and so on, while the other half would rather have indie.

This is a hard question to answer. One reason is that I really like both. The other is what counts as AAA and what is indie? Looking back at the PS3 what do you consider games series like Disgaea or Atelier that are fairly popular series in their niche? I'm not sure if they'd be considered AAA and I'm pretty sure they aren't indie, but I really enjoyed them.

As of now I've certainly played more indie games on my PS4 than I have AAA games thanks to PS+. This will probably be the case for me throughout since there are so many more indie games than AAA games. So if I had to vote I'd probably say indie, but that doesn't mean I want to miss out on the AAA games or dislike them.

I can't vote because I like both equally. I think at the end of each last year I played an equal amount of both. That goes the same for this year, I've played plenty of bOth, and indies may actually be my favs.

I think that it's impossible to have AAA games coming out consistently throughout the year, which makes indies perfect to be sprinkled in between big budget projects for consumers. So basically both..

Last edited:
AAA is defined officially as a product that has a huge budget.

That being said, lately AAA games have been completely disappointing to me. The indie games have offered me a hell of a lot more enjoyment. I mean look at EA's shoddy practices. Big budget titles have squandered their funding on graphical prowess. Which I can appreciate, but is ultimately the least important factor to me.

Indie games have offered such a fun factor that I have not truly experienced since the 16-bit, 32-bit, and PlayStation 2 eras. They seemingly go for the most important aspects of gaming. Those being fun factor, controls, innovation, and pretty much every other aspect save for photorealism. When I look back, I absolutely loved my PS3 and 360 titles that I owned. However, they weren't nearly as fun for me as previous generations. Overall, they lacked the same quality.

There have been exclusions to that established trend, however.

So, for the moment, I want more indie titles and games centered around fun. As opposed to games that are merely trying to look better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"