Microphones and Headsets

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Jacky, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Jacky

Jacky PSLS Level: Silver

PSN:
    ScoobyPup01
    SO who has a mic/or headset, and who doesn't.
    also why do you/or don't you, have one?

2. Jacky

PSN:
    ScoobyPup01
    ok, so a lot of people I know who do online gaming, bitch and complain about mics whether they have them or not, what's your opinion?

I have a mic, and personally I find it comes in handy with some of my games where teamwork is involved, and also because I ike to chat with some of the friends on my buddy list.

3. Chandler Wood

Chandler Wood Get Off My Wood Staff Member

PSN:
    Wedge19
    I have a really nice mic, but it's not for gaming!

stolenxnametag likes this.
  4. BigPete7978

BigPete7978 PSLS Level: Silver

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    I have the PlayStation Gold Headset. Use it all the time for Party and in game chat. The things works flawlessly. I definitely recommend it given the price, well worth it.

5. Jacky

PSN:
    ScoobyPup01
    I use the ps Bluetooth anda standard cell phone blue tooth. both work pretty well, but my friends say that when I use the ps mic I sound clearer

6. stolenxnametag

stolenxnametag PSLS Level: Kraken PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    arithrottle
    I have a PS3 bluetooth headset, but now I'm using a Pulse Elite instead. People don't really talk in the games I've been playing online (Assassin's Creed IV) lately, so I have been muting the mic to conserve the battery.

7. BigPete7978

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    I've noticed that as of late with gaming in general online. People just don't like talking. Not sure why.

8. stolenxnametag

stolenxnametag PSLS Level: Kraken PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    arithrottle
    Since I work late-nights, I normally play online games overnight on my nights off, so I try to keep quiet since my wife is asleep.

9. BigPete7978

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    Well see that makes sense. But I've seen it occur with gamers during the day or on weekends.

10. MakaiOokami

MakaiOokami PSLS Level: Bronze

The Sony community just isn't that talkative.

The Microsoft community probably isn't that talkative either if you could auto mute the trash talkers.

I think maybe just the people who are mentally balanced just don't care as much about being heard all the time.

11. wolfehound22

wolfehound22 PSLS Level: Newbie

I have one, but I only use it to party chat. I have no interest in talking to random people in games.

12. Jacky

PSN:
    ScoobyPup01

I can hop on some games and the people just won't shut up. however when I'm playing games with my friends than I like to use mics so we can joke around or help each other out.

13. Arthur Sataine

Arthur Sataine PSLS Level: Bronze PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    I use the Golds. And I talk whenever needed. Needed meaning any team based online multiplayer. It is just stupid not to communicate with others. You become a much more efficient killing machine/unit when you communicate. This lone wolf Rambo crap I see all the time is ridiculous.

stolenxnametag and Jacky like this.
  14. Jacky

PSN:
    ScoobyPup01

I know, I hate it when people try to do that crap, it kills the fun in the game. I had a friend who did that all the time and he always treated the rest of the players like crap or like we didn't know anything about the game, so I stopped playing with him. that and he kept trying to hack all his games.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  15. Arthur Sataine

Arthur Sataine PSLS Level: Bronze PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    That's what I call a non-gamer. He isn't interested in actually playing the games. Merely abusing it to feel power over others. Which is sad, really.

16. darkforcegod

darkforcegod PSLS Level: Bronze PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    darkforcegod
    I talk to people but very little and is not always. Guess Im a little shy hahaah LOL.

I have the PS Elite headset and works very great. I also have my PS Urban Camouflage Bluetooth. The latter I always use the most. The Elite I use it more on PS4 when I want to hear better effects and stuff.

I think a lot of people dont talk on other games that are not COD or BF. I my experience I could go on any game and people would not talk. You go COD or BF and people will be "talking" to each other hahaha.