PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset Unboxing

My understanding is that....

The Pulse is obsolete. Going away.
The golds are lightweight and better
The Elites are still the best of the 3, they have a better bass and I don't know much about the vibration thing until they are obsoleted too.
The Bass is just as good on the Golds. The only thing it is missing is the vibration. The Golds are also better constructed in my opinion. The are much lighter too.

They are perfect. :D

image_zps133072e0.jpg

We'll see I never had the original. Liking the Golds a lot though. Good stuff.
Target had the originals on sale like 1 or 2 years ago for like $85.99 or so.

With my target discounts I got it down to the mid $70s. No complaints really. Been great. If I tried another pair might complain but they're the best and longest lasting headphones I've ever bought. I don't even take care of them as well as all the others. Since there's no cable involved, they haven't broken.

Deciding on whether or not I should get the Golds for my Vita, or if I should wait till they die out. I'm thinking wait till they die out so my wife doesn't get pissed. XD Buying a PS4 better not push things. She's paying $100 towards the PS4 though. ^_^

Target had the originals on sale like 1 or 2 years ago for like $85.99 or so.

With my target discounts I got it down to the mid $70s. No complaints really. Been great. If I tried another pair might complain but they're the best and longest lasting headphones I've ever bought. I don't even take care of them as well as all the others. Since there's no cable involved, they haven't broken.

Deciding on whether or not I should get the Golds for my Vita, or if I should wait till they die out. I'm thinking wait till they die out so my wife doesn't get pissed. XD Buying a PS4 better not push things. She's paying $100 towards the PS4 though. ^_^
Yeah I'd say get the PS4 first bro. :D

the question isn't whether or not to buy a PS4, the question is whether or not to buy an extra set of headphones.

If I plug 2 of those things in will the sound go to both of them? XD

It should output to a separate profile. As long as they are both under a different one, and each profile has audio set to go to the headphones, they should both work just fine.

It should output to a separate profile. As long as they are both under a different one, and each profile has audio set to go to the headphones, they should both work just fine.
I"m curious if anyone has tried it though?

Especially on PS3 which doesn't have 2 profiles at that low a system level. My wife likes to hear what's going on, but I don't like the feedback.

I"m curious if anyone has tried it though?

Especially on PS3 which doesn't have 2 profiles at that low a system level. My wife likes to hear what's going on, but I don't like the feedback.

Don't know for sure. If I had just $100 to toss at whatever, I would get another set and try it out. I doubt it would work on the PS3 though.

Outlast scared me. And it did so about 20x more when I used the Golds. This is quite literally the best headset I've ever used and it is my first true wireless headset. I see no reason to go out and buy a third party one. Especially not one at $250+. Turtle Beach and all their competitors can kick rocks. Sony's Gold headset is the way to go on PlayStation 4.
I'd have to disagree. The Golds are cool, had mine for nearly a month now. And I imagine the sound profiles will be nice.

For the price they are pretty good, but they generally aren't at the level of say a $200 or $250 headset. For $100 though they are very solid and are great for the PS4. Being able to adjust game and voice volume independently is a must for me.

I can tell a difference in my Astro A50s and these. I'm not a huge audiofile, so if I didn't already have the A50s for my PC then I would be happy with the gold.

As for gold compared to elite. From what I understand they are the same sound quality wise. Main difference is the vibration on Pulse and the Golds have longer battery life. That's why I went with the Golds as I hear the battery life on the Elites aren't great.

I'd have to disagree. The Golds are cool, had mine for nearly a month now. And I imagine the sound profiles will be nice.

For the price they are pretty good, but they generally aren't at the level of say a $200 or $250 headset. For $100 though they are very solid and are great for the PS4. Being able to adjust game and voice volume independently is a must for me.

I can tell a difference in my Astro A50s and these. I'm not a huge audiofile, so if I didn't already have the A50s for my PC then I would be happy with the gold.

As for gold compared to elite. From what I understand they are the same sound quality wise. Main difference is the vibration on Pulse and the Golds have longer battery life. That's why I went with the Golds as I hear the battery life on the Elites aren't great.

You'll forgive me for thinking a headset over $100 is ridiculous. I don't care what it does, that is too much money. No headset is worth half the price or the price of a console. Complete nonsense. I've tried those and honestly can tell no difference in sound quality as compared to the Golds. I get a full surround sound experience with them and the profiles add for simple customization to each game.

+1 for the Gold. I'd been using a Logitech wired headset on PC and plugged into the audio port of the DS4. The Gold sounds better, and it works wireless on PC, PS4, PS3 AND my Mac. And you can also use it wired via the audio jack and a 3.5mm audio cable without having to turn the headset on and drain the battery. Of course you're only getting stereo sound then, but for the Vita or another mobile device it's better than most other headsets.

I used the Gold to play Metro: Last Light on PS3. Just plug in the USB adapter the same as you would on PS4 and it just works. Love it!

My only complaint is that they don't fold down too small, so it's a little bit of a pain to put in my backpack when I head to work. But still, great set of gaming headphones.

+1 for the Gold. I'd been using a Logitech wired headset on PC and plugged into the audio port of the DS4. The Gold sounds better, and it works wireless on PC, PS4, PS3 AND my Mac. And you can also use it wired via the audio jack and a 3.5mm audio cable without having to turn the headset on and drain the battery. Of course you're only getting stereo sound then, but for the Vita or another mobile device it's better than most other headsets.

I used the Gold to play Metro: Last Light on PS3. Just plug in the USB adapter the same as you would on PS4 and it just works. Love it!

My only complaint is that they don't fold down too small, so it's a little bit of a pain to put in my backpack when I head to work. But still, great set of gaming headphones.

What do you mean, exactly? About the folding I mean. They fold down fairly well when I do it. Around four inches in height and about six in length.

What do you mean, exactly? About the folding I mean. They fold down fairly well when I do it. Around four inches in height and about six in length.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. But I can only get one side to fold at a time. I have another pair of Sony headphones that both sides can fold and it got much more compact. But then again, they were kind crappy headphones. :)

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. But I can only get one side to fold at a time. I have another pair of Sony headphones that both sides can fold and it got much more compact. But then again, they were kind crappy headphones. :)

That is very weird. Yea, mine fold down together. One side pretty much touches the top part and the other folds up right under the first. Maybe pull your earcups down and then try? Maybe them being up all the way hinders the folding.

You'll forgive me for thinking a headset over $100 is ridiculous. I don't care what it does, that is too much money. No headset is worth half the price or the price of a console. Complete nonsense. I've tried those and honestly can tell no difference in sound quality as compared to the Golds. I get a full surround sound experience with them and the profiles add for simple customization to each game.

Supposedly these http://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-Su...=1393979563&sr=8-2&keywords=skullcandy+plyr+1

Are the best wireless headphones on the market. Some of them were sold for $129 dollars. Other than that you really can't get any better than the Sony ones.

(skullcandy bought out Astro anyway)

The A50s are supposedly sub par to the quality you get from the headphones I linked from someone who has the PLYR1 reviews and a set of A50s that they own. Some reviews say that the PLYR1 broke on them but... not sure how or where. Very few bad reviews.

However before 2 years ago it was completely understandable that someone would spend $200-300 on headphones. Do you know why? Because in my personal experience all the $100-$200 dollar headphones broke way too easily and I baby the damn things.

If $300 dollars means 5-7 years of use in stead of 5-7 months it was completely reasonable. However now I have the Sony Pulse headset. The old model

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Ster...1393979949&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+pulse+headset

Never a problem. The battery dying out or the dongle breaking is the only issue. These things are only worth buying now at $75 dollar price range (because the Golds are taking that price point) and the Pulse Elite have some physical issues that my or may not exist... However they were being sold for $120 on amazon.

So basically these Gold headphones are the Gold Standard as long as they are structurally efficient.

Supposedly these http://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-Surround-SMPYFY-003-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00C2B2Y9A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393979563&sr=8-2&keywords=skullcandy plyr 1

Are the best wireless headphones on the market. Some of them were sold for $129 dollars. Other than that you really can't get any better than the Sony ones.

(skullcandy bought out Astro anyway)

The A50s are supposedly sub par to the quality you get from the headphones I linked from someone who has the PLYR1 reviews and a set of A50s that they own. Some reviews say that the PLYR1 broke on them but... not sure how or where. Very few bad reviews.

However before 2 years ago it was completely understandable that someone would spend $200-300 on headphones. Do you know why? Because in my personal experience all the $100-$200 dollar headphones broke way too easily and I baby the damn things.

If $300 dollars means 5-7 years of use in stead of 5-7 months it was completely reasonable. However now I have the Sony Pulse headset. The old model

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Stereo-Headset-Playstation-3/dp/B0053OLY9O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393979949&sr=8-2&keywords=sony pulse headset

Never a problem. The battery dying out or the dongle breaking is the only issue. These things are only worth buying now at $75 dollar price range (because the Golds are taking that price point) and the Pulse Elite have some physical issues that my or may not exist... However they were being sold for $120 on amazon.

So basically these Gold headphones are the Gold Standard as long as they are structurally efficient.

Even with all those reasonings, I can't justify such a price just to hear surround sound in your head. I had PX11 (I believe, PS3 turtlebeach) and never had any issues. I found less issues with basic logitech headsets that ran for $30. It all just seems like Capitalist bs to milk more money out of people. As great as our country is, it sure has intense flaws.

I'm digging my Golds. I'm confident they will last for quite awhile. I'd wager so much as to say as long as the PS4 has life.

Even with all those reasonings, I can't justify such a price just to hear surround sound in your head. I had PX11 (I believe, PS3 turtlebeach) and never had any issues. I found less issues with basic logitech headsets that ran for $30. It all just seems like Capitalist bs to milk more money out of people. As great as our country is, it sure has intense flaws.

I'm digging my Golds. I'm confident they will last for quite awhile. I'd wager so much as to say as long as the PS4 has life.
I doubt your Golds will...

Batteries tend not to last that long.

If someone wants a preemo wired head set experience these are supposed to be top notch.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_...10&p_id=9771&seq=1&format=1#largeimage&ref=cj

an even cheaper option is this one

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=114&cp_id=11403&cs_id=1140304&p_id=9770&seq=1&format=2

So have at it.

You pay premium prices for wireless though and that's where they get so pricey. Otherwise the really expensive headphones are just for rich audiophiles and kids with their baggy pants and their what-ever-old-people-say-about-young-people

My first post but I had to sign up so I could give my opinion on these. Just bought them today and so far I'm very impressed for the cost.

These are my fourth gaming headsets, which I'll go over to give a comparison of what I've owned and the price point I usually stay around.

First were the Turtle Beach PX21's which I really enjoyed until they fell one too many times it off my lap and the connection at the earpiece became loose enough to affect sounding quality.

Second I tried the original Sony Pulse headset. Those were returned in 24 hours. I found them to be too uncomfortable to wear. I don't like to brag but, I've got a big head.

After returning the Sony's I purchased the Tritton AX180's, which I still have. Sound quality are better than the Turtle Beach but not as comfortable.

Although my time with these is very limited, so far I'm impressed. The build quality is similar in feel to the other headsets I've owned but these are so light it doesn't feel like I've got anything on really. The sound is fantastic, I'd say the best from the ones I've used for an extended amount of time.

Setting up the app for them was easy and switching between the two sound profiles available to you is as easy as flipping as switch. Although it would be nice to have a third optional sound profile, changing the custom one takes all of 30 seconds.

I'm going to play around with them a little more and I'll post if I change my mind but so far, as I've said I'm very happy.

As an edit; if you're in Canada (like I am), The Source has them on sale right now for $80.

My first post but I had to sign up so I could give my opinion on these. Just bought them today and so far I'm very impressed for the cost.

These are my fourth gaming headsets, which I'll go over to give a comparison of what I've owned and the price point I usually stay around.

First were the Turtle Beach PX21's which I really enjoyed until they fell one too many times it off my lap and the connection at the earpiece became loose enough to affect sounding quality.

Second I tried the original Sony Pulse headset. Those were returned in 24 hours. I found them to be too uncomfortable to wear. I don't like to brag but, I've got a big head.

After returning the Sony's I purchased the Tritton AX180's, which I still have. Sound quality are better than the Turtle Beach but not as comfortable.

Although my time with these is very limited, so far I'm impressed. The build quality is similar in feel to the other headsets I've owned but these are so light it doesn't feel like I've got anything on really. The sound is fantastic, I'd say the best from the ones I've used for an extended amount of time.

Setting up the app for them was easy and switching between the two sound profiles available to you is as easy as flipping as switch. Although it would be nice to have a third optional sound profile, changing the custom one takes all of 30 seconds.

I'm going to play around with them a little more and I'll post if I change my mind but so far, as I've said I'm very happy.

As an edit; if you're in Canada (like I am), The Source has them on sale right now for $80.
First off, welcome to the forums. Always great to have another member of the community. Secondly I would have to agree with you on the headset, they are definitely worthy of their price. The sound quality and build of the headset is fantastic.

I bought some Tritans. Had to return them they broke within 2 weeks of careful care.

Had some turtle beaches. Had to return them broke in the same left hand side with 2 weeks of care.

The 1 star review on both of those would have warned me about the left hand side's screws not being structurally sound. Repeating problems over and over again.

Razr Cucharias. They were great until the cable f'd up despite being careful, but hey with a 20 foot cord or how ever long it is, somtimes you roll over the cable if you have to plug and unplug all the time. Other than that great headphones for about 6 months to a year.

Going on probably 8 months to a year on the Playstation Pulse headphones and the ONLY complain I really have on them, is that when I play Remote Play on the Vita the wireless signal interferres and they don't have a headphone cable port at all.

This is why I never finished Guacamelee. >_<

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"