My opinion about Console Wars.

darkforcegod

PSLS Level: Bronze
PSLS Ambassador
I dont know if I can post this here but if not then Im am deeply sorry and take it out.

My opinion is in this short video. Is my first video so go easy on me hahaha.

I want to take my channel more further so we shall see what the future brings me. I can make more videos if people would like my opinion about gaming things or issues about gaming in general. Thanks. Good night community.

Sometimes they can be funny but a lot of times people get very angry and will start to look stupid.

It is ridiculous. However, there are good discussions out there in regards to each console's merits. Generally, I try and avoid any console wars. They are as ridiculous as you think they are. Though I find the PC vs. Consoles battle to be even more idiotic. They are two entirely different, yet similar, markets. And as much as they would argue against it, consoles are in fact at the fore front of gaming. That is where the big money is.

My point is that the "wars" are completely stupid. They are games, after all. Not political agendas, beneficial advances for human health, economical or ecological issues, etc. They are games. That's it. As artful, in-depth, and thought-provoking as they may be, they are just games. Making more of them than what they are ruins the whole concept of them. People (especially the flood of new gamers in the past ten years) take them far too seriously.

Now sometimes I will jump into a "war" and make a few valid points against morons who blindly throw out misinformation. But the consoles and the games we all love on them are nothing to get so damned upset about. Just play them and enjoy!

Last edited:
segson_l1.jpg

It's been happening for decades, only difference is more people are online than ever before so it's a lot easier for people to get their shitty fanboy opinions out.

Although for the record, me hating Xbone doesn't make me a Sony fanboy. I'm a PC gamer, more than anything

segson_l1.jpg

It's been happening for decades, only difference is more people are online than ever before so it's a lot easier for people to get their shitty fanboy opinions out.

Although for the record, me hating Xbone doesn't make me a Sony fanboy. I'm a PC gamer, more than anything
Do you hate the Xbox One console, or not care for Microsoft in general?

Do you hate the Xbox One console, or not care for Microsoft in general?
A little of both, I just don't see where MS and Xbone fit into the industry at this point in time. I dislike the Xbox 360 as well, but I acknowledge its place in the 7th gen and still own and play a few of the exclusives regularly. Microsoft's philosophy for the Xbox brand has always been "let's bring PC architecture into an affordable console environment", but when you factor in the cost of a new console, the more expensive games, the dated hardware, and the cost of a Live subscription for the generation, you can build yourself a PC that'll perform circles around the console and still get most of its exclusives (with plenty of change left in your pocket).

Not that Sony isn't doing a similar thing with the PS4, but at least I can count on Sony's exclusives actually deserving to be known as "exclusive". Whenever I see an MS exclusive announced, I just think to myself "how much did they pay for this?" or "why are they calling it exclusive if it's also on PC?"

A little of both, I just don't see where MS and Xbone fit into the industry at this point in time. I dislike the Xbox 360 as well, but I acknowledge its place in the 7th gen and still own and play a few of the exclusives regularly. Microsoft's philosophy for the Xbox brand has always been "let's bring PC architecture into an affordable console environment", but when you factor in the cost of a new console, the more expensive games, the dated hardware, and the cost of a Live subscription for the generation, you can build yourself a PC that'll perform circles around the console and still get most of its exclusives (with plenty of change left in your pocket).

Not that Sony isn't doing a similar thing with the PS4, but at least I can count on Sony's exclusives actually deserving to be known as "exclusive". Whenever I see an MS exclusive announced, I just think to myself "how much did they pay for this?" or "why are they calling it exclusive if it's also on PC?"
Gotcha. See I think that the complaints about the listed as exclusive, yet still on PC arguments are valid, but don't really phase me. The reason being that while I do have a lot of games that I purchased on Steam through sales, I don't really like gaming on PC that much, I just prefer consoles.

Console "wars" are about as effective as banging your head against a wall, then yelling at it. You aren't going to change anyone's mind who already has their opinion made up. I like my PS4, and nothing that anyone can say would convince me into the Xbox park. And friends I know that love their Xbox One will never be persuaded that the PS4 is better, so it is all a waste of energy.

Console "wars" are about as effective as banging your head against a wall, then yelling at it. You aren't going to change anyone's mind who already has their opinion made up. I like my PS4, and nothing that anyone can say would convince me into the Xbox park. And friends I know that love their Xbox One will never be persuaded that the PS4 is better, so it is all a waste of energy.
I do like having the discussion about why people don't like a particular console. It's interesting to hear their points of view considering I typically buy both consoles (PlayStation and Xbox). Granted I usually only try to start the conversation with people that present valid points, rather than random stuff. Some people seem to dislike consoles for no apparent reason.

I do like having the discussion about why people don't like a particular console. It's interesting to hear their points of view considering I typically buy both consoles (PlayStation and Xbox). Granted I usually only try to start the conversation with people that present valid points, rather than random stuff. Some people seem to dislike consoles for no apparent reason.
Was that directed at me? LOL

Yes. Making a discussion with based arguments and being polite and well behaved is cool but when people start a war with GIFs, Pictures and start calling names etc etc. THAT is not cool and makes us gamers look like a bunch of retards because we cannot even talk like civilized people.

Yes. Making a discussion with based arguments and being polite and well behaved is cool but when people start a war with GIFs, Pictures and start calling names etc etc. THAT is not cool and makes us gamers look like a bunch of retards because we cannot even talk like civilized people.

Unfortunately, as I've bore witness to over the past quarter century, that stereotype is more or less true. Most gamers today are a "bunch of retards." Very few, and I've met a lot of those few here, can talk cohesively and without unwarranted malice. Nothing but hate, trash talk, and other elitist nonsense online in most games. Though I can honestly say Sony has the more positive online atmosphere. As limited as the online integration of Wii U is, Nintendo still can boast to have the most polite online community. In an ironic twist, most "kids" seem to be playing on Xbox or PlayStation. At least, those who act in an immature manner.

I have found the rare group, such as PlayStation LifeStyle, that goes against the grain of that rule. So I have a bit of hope for the future of our industry. Now I just wish the publishers and manufacturers would quit catering to that decaying majority and focus on those that appreciate the industry. Those shining lights within the blackened world.

Whew, almost became a rant there. Glad I stopped. ;)

Was that directed at me? LOL
No not at all. I meant it in general. While I don't agree with all of the points that you make with the Xbox or some games, that doesn't make them any less important to you. They are in fact valid to you, because they are your opinions, and you are completely entitled to them. ;)

Unfortunately, as I've bore witness to over the past quarter century, that stereotype is more or less true. Most gamers today are a "bunch of retards." Very few, and I've met a lot of those few here, can talk cohesively and without unwarranted malice. Nothing but hate, trash talk, and other elitist nonsense online in most games. Though I can honestly say Sony has the more positive online atmosphere. As limited as the online integration of Wii U is, Nintendo still can boast to have the most polite online community. In an ironic twist, most "kids" seem to be playing on Xbox or PlayStation. At least, those who act in an immature manner.

I have found the rare group, such as PlayStation LifeStyle, that goes against the grain of that rule. So I have a bit of hope for the future of our industry. Now I just wish the publishers and manufacturers would quit catering to that decaying majority and focus on those that appreciate the industry. Those shining lights within the blackened world.

Whew, almost became a rant there. Glad I stopped. ;)

Yeah and its a shame but we have to make the world see that our communities are not entirely lost and here on PSLS we are doing good and I hope that it doesnt go down the drain like other websites and blogs have gone or are in progress.

Yeah and its a shame but we have to make the world see that our communities are not entirely lost and here on PSLS we are doing good and I hope that it doesnt go down the drain like other websites and blogs have gone or are in progress.

You are absolutely correct. And I don't think PSLS will fall. At least not for quite some time. These guys, seemingly, have good heads on their shoulders.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"