Your Opinion about Collector's Editions

Your Opinion about Collector's Editions?

• I like them.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I hate them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not care about them..

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I like some of them.

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Some of them are overpriced for me.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

darkforcegod

PSLS Level: Bronze
PSLS Ambassador
Simple as that. Tell me your opinion about the CE of video games. Do you like them? Do you hate them? Do you think they are ALL overpriced or SOME of them? You do not care?

I just want to make this little poll because I found out on the internet that a lot of people are against them and some are happy with them. Which side are you?

My personal opinion is that I like them. I am a Collector since like a year ago. I like them but I dont really buy all Collector's Edition of all the games I get. I buy Collector Editions that have statues or something physical that I can have and show. For those I can play more than 100 and less than 300 $$$. For the CE that are only papers, posters or extra DLC only kind of things I only pay less than $100. Well thats my opinion guys. Thanks for participating.

I like them generally, I think some are overkill and some are way overpriced. But if its a game/series that I love i generally have no issue getting the CE. Although I do find myself skipping more of them due to shoddy quality and/or being way overpriced, I have also started to run out of space to put them haha.

I currently have, Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition ( the other edition I was not able to get it because sold out), God of War Ascension Collector's Edition, South Park Stick of Truth Collectors Edition, The Last of Us Survival Edition, AND maybe today or tomorrow I will buy Dark Souls' Collector's Edition. I want others but I will have to go internet surfing.

Thanks for your votes.

It really depends on the franchise for me. Depending on how invested in them, I would gladly spring for a upgrade in presentation. When Infamous Second Son was available for pre order initially, I passed on the Collectors Edition because I had never played the either of the infamous games on ps3. Down the line, I purchased a PS3 and the Infamous games were the first I bought to go with it. After playing through the games and getting into what Sucker Punch was putting out, I ponied up for the upgrade despite not really wanting anything that was included in the set. I think the packing and beanie justify the cost difference.

I do like Collectors Editions as well, but only if it is offering something like a statue, artbook or something I can actually use. I generally dont care for soundtracks or random bits I will throw away or lose in a month.

I like them, but it depends on how good they are. If it's a ce that only offers a statue, i'll pass. If it's a ce with special casing as well as extra in game stuff.... Then that's a different story.
Example: mortal combat had a statue
Gt6 extra in game stuff

Thanks for your opinions my friends. :) We all can agree that it depends on the content some of them just bring little things that dont matter that much or you can buy them later.

I'm definitely a fan of them. Almost to the point of if a game has one I will get it. I love exclusive in game content, just wished some companies wouldn't release that content to gamers down the line. It should be exclusive IMO. I also love statues when they are well done.

I'm definitely a fan of them. Almost to the point of if a game has one I will get it. I love exclusive in game content, just wished some companies wouldn't release that content to gamers down the line. It should be exclusive IMO. I also love statues when they are well done.

Yes. Thats true but thats they way the like to do it so :/

I actually like the ability for some CE content to hit the market, as not everyone is able to get one or was aware of the game before release. But, I will say, if a company is planning on releasing the digital content off of its CE to the masses, there really needs to be a exclusive item that makes the extra price of the CE worth it, like something tangible.

I hate when CEs come with cheap crap. Little chintzy trinkets that are cheaply made to justify an extra $20 sucks. But legitimate great content I can get behind, like nice statues or the art book packaging with Kingdom Hearts HD and FFX HD.

Yes. Statues and ArtBooks are great. I also love the limited editions that you get for just pre ordering. Like Tomb Raider, KHHD, etc. Those are cool.

Yes. Statues and ArtBooks are great. I also love the limited editions that you get for just pre ordering. Like Tomb Raider, KHHD, etc. Those are cool.
Definitely. Limited edition art books are awesome, and even the ones that come with soundtracks. Even though Hotline Miami is a digital game, if you get a specific version of the game on Steam it comes with the soundtrack (which is an amazing soundtrack).

Definitely. Limited edition art books are awesome, and even the ones that come with soundtracks. Even though Hotline Miami is a digital game, if you get a specific version of the game on Steam it comes with the soundtrack (which is an amazing soundtrack).

The good thing is that limited editions ( most of them) are the same price as the normal edition one because they upgrade it for you for pre ordering. Thats why I like to pre order most of the time even if there is not Collector's Edition. Another Limited Editions are just like 10 dollars more but if it brings good story DLC or something then I buy it. The CE that I havent even thought of getting are the COD ones because those are expensive and I am not a "I will die for COD" type of fan. I have to accept that the things they bring are cool.

The CE that I havent even thought of getting are the COD ones because those are expensive and I am not a "I will die for COD" type of fan. I have to accept that the things they bring are cool.

Agreed, as cool as some of the weird gadgets they come with are, I think they end up pushing the CE out of a realistic price range for a video game and cheaply made piece of electronics.

So hey guys. I just got the Dark Souls 2 Collector's Edition I was talking about. I really like it and now Im going to play ( and die a lot probably haha).

I have never really gotten into Collector's Edition, primarily because they cost too much and the JRPGs I play usually have boring ones that come with a Soundtrack and Artbook.. NO THANKS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"