Please remove my ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin22222

PSLS Level: Bronze
Can somebody please remove my ban from posting on PS Lifestyle? It's been a couple weeks and I still can't post. I think a permaban is a little much because I disagreed with staff and was vocal about it. It's a discussion board after all. Fine, ban me for a little while if you think I'm being hot headed, but permanent is too much. 95% of my posts on there were actually about the games or subject at hand and that 5% that wasn't because of different viewpoints on news shouldn't disqualify me from ever posting on here

It's been around 19 days so far. That seems excessive for a first time ban especially over just a difference in philosophy when it comes down to it. Sure, I probably came off like an ass to some people, but in reality it's just being blunt and outspoken

Edit: come to think of it I haven't seen that Ben Dover guy in a few weeks either. He could be a tool, but at least he tried to be funny. Maybe he got permabanned too

It's been around 19 days so far. That seems excessive for a first time ban especially over just a difference in philosophy when it comes down to it. Sure, I probably came off like an ass to some people, but in reality it's just being blunt and outspoken

Edit: come to think of it I haven't seen that Ben Dover guy in a few weeks either. He could be a tool, but at least he tried to be funny. Maybe he got permabanned too

What is your email address that you are registered with on the main website? I will look into it.

What is your email address that you are registered with on the main website? I will look into it.

It's my user name here @ hotmail. Don't want to post it directly because of spam bots

zarmena banned you, she claimed it was temporary.

So how long is temporary? It's been almost 3 weeks now. It just seems a little heavy handed because she didn't like what I had to say. I didn't even break any rules - didn't attack anybody, wasn't using foul language or anything - just was giving I guess what would amount to an unpopular opinion. Somebody doesn't want to hear it, ban me for a day, or a week, or whatever so you don't have to hear it, but the better part of a month so far seems like a bit much.

It's my user name here @ hotmail. Don't want to post it directly because of spam bots

So how long is temporary? It's been almost 3 weeks now. It just seems a little heavy handed because she didn't like what I had to say. I didn't even break any rules - didn't attack anybody, wasn't using foul language or anything - just was giving I guess what would amount to an unpopular opinion. Somebody doesn't want to hear it, ban me for a day, or a week, or whatever so you don't have to hear it, but the better part of a month so far seems like a bit much.

Dunno, she didn't say and all she did was harass me and accuse me of attacking her in response to my email when i asked why she deleted the discussion we had in that article she wrote. I haven't talked to and refuse to talk to her since.

First things first, I am going to set the record straight because it seems that lots of false accusations are being thrown around here, which I take very seriously.

Ronin, I did not ban Ben Dover Kuntz (it was Chandler) but the reason was similar. You have, quite openly, taken issue with the fact that we report on a plethora of topics including issues that you're not comfortable with. In particular, you are strictly against the website reporting anything that falls under the "sexism in video games" category. You were found deliberately instigating arguments (also called trolling) on news posts that you didn't want to read. At NO point were you told, or banned, for having an opinion. If that was the case, we'd be banning people left and right. You were banned because other users found your complaining and hijacking of threads irritating. I would like to suggest that you steer clear of topics that upset you in any way, shape, or form. As a gaming website, we cover all types of news from the industry, not just news that you are comfortable with. Don't read what you don't want to read. It's not hard. I'll have you unbanned but if you do it again, you'll be banned again. And repeat offenders, like Ben Dover, do get banned permanently. Please consider this a fair warning.

Jacky, your statement about me harassing you is not only untrue but a pretty sad accusation. I still have a copy of the email that I sent to you, which I will add as a quote at the bottom of this post so that people can see what you call "harassment." I would suggest you reconsider your definition of trolling and harassment, both. It's one thing to take personal issue with me, but another thing to throw statements like that around. The EiC of this website was copied into the email that I sent you.

Following my response, Cameron will lock this thread as we have no intention to continue this exchange any further. It seems to be dragging on quite unnecessarily. We are looking into your request so stay put.

Anyway, here is the response that I sent, copied and pasted.

"Jacqueline, Thanks for writing. I have already explained to you through various comments why the user was banned (which is temporary, by the way). I don't think I need to reiterate myself yet again in an email. But I'm writing back to address the rest of your message.

I am not the only moderator on this site. As a matter of fact, I only really delete spam since I can't follow every single comment left. Therefore, I am not sure which comments in particular you are referring to, but if you feel something has been wrongly deleted, bring it to my attention and I will look into it. As I mentioned to you in a comment a while ago, I will look at the comments again and if anything has been wrongly deleted, then I will restore those comments.

However, I am not going to restore any comment that refers to the LGBT community as "terrorists" or "mentally handicapped" persons, and I am not going to restore any comment that deliberately targets an individual or a group. The right of free speech does not mean that we allow insulting others and trolling i.e. deliberate instigation of arguments, prevention of a healthy discussion, or causing nuisance in general by hijacking threads. Believe it or not, we receive a plethora of emails from users who find that irritating and want us to do something about it. Still, we let a lot of comments slip. As writers, we are accustomed to being insulted on a daily basis, but there's a line that can't be crossed. Writers are individuals, too, and they have the creative freedom to write on a topic of their choice as long as the management here deems it appropriate. As far as news is concerned, that's something we can't and won't be picky about because that would mean we're biased towards reporting only certain types of news. If a developer makes a statement during a press conference, we will report it. We can't ignore certain topics just because it annoys a few people.

As we continue to grow, we understandably gain a very diverse group of readers from various backgrounds. Not every topic appeals to every single person on the site, and that's normal. Some will want to read certain articles, others won't. This is something you will have to accept. My suggestion is that you read articles that are of interest to you as opposed to partaking in arguments on topics that annoy you. That is the best solution that I can offer.

I hope this helps.

Regards"

Ronin2222222222222,

If you have any other concerns, please shoot me a private message here or email me at cameron.teague @ playstationlifestyle.net

We are also not locking the thread to kill any discussion, we just don't want this to turn into a war of words on the forum. I would rather take that to an email discussion or a private message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"