Purchasing games on EU PSN (from NA)

Hugo Stiglitz

PSLS Level: Bronze
So I'm considering buying a game with my EU PSN account, and it's a big one (pCars) so I wanted to ask around to see if there's any possible negatives or consequences of doing so.

Has anyone else done this sort of thing? Is it totally safe or no?

I have a japanese acct, and have bought games before. It's no different then buying a game from the US psn store. No cons that i can think of, however you'll need a psn card for eu. Just like the jpn one does. Luckily those are easily found on the net at places like amazon and such.

I have a japanese acct, and have bought games before. It's no different then buying a game from the US psn store. No cons that i can think of, however you'll need a psn card for eu. Just like the jpn one does. Luckily those are easily found on the net at places like amazon and such.

Can't I just use PayPal? Doesn't europe have that? We can pay with PayPal on the American store.

Also, if I buy the game with my UK PSN account, can I buy DLC with my USA account or will it have to be bought with the same account I bought the game? Reason I ask is it'll be less expensive on the USA store (the game is $60 in USA, $68 on the UK store)

Can't I just use PayPal? Doesn't europe have that? We can pay with PayPal on the American store.

Also, if I buy the game with my UK PSN account, can I buy DLC with my USA account or will it have to be bought with the same account I bought the game? Reason I ask is it'll be less expensive on the USA store (the game is $60 in USA, $68 on the UK store)

If you buy it on your UK acct, your dlc must be bought on that acct as well.
as for Paypal not all of the accts have it, so i can't really say if it'll accept it or not. You can try, but in my opinion you would probably be better off buying a uk card from amazon or some other trusted source.

If you buy it on your UK acct, your dlc must be bought on that acct as well.
as for Paypal not all of the accts have it, so i can't really say if it'll accept it or not. You can try, but in my opinion you would probably be better off buying a uk card from amazon or some other trusted source.

I checked on the UK store and it does take Pay Pal.

The only risk I can think of is Sony banning the Uk account for "false information". I can't verify the UK address or prove it so that's the only thing I can think of. I doubt they verify addresses so it probably won't ever happen but that's the only risk I can think of

I had an EU and JP account initially on PS3 because the content was so unique to each. I never had any problems even though the addresses were fake.

I had an EU and JP account initially on PS3 because the content was so unique to each. I never had any problems even though the addresses were fake.
That's good to know. I missed the preorder deadline so I won't be getting pCars on the UK store after all, but I'm definitely considering getting Moto GP 14 as its half the price on the UK store that it is on US, even after the exchange rate.

yeah its easy but I dont think you can use paypal tho. Since they check the address of your paypal account. Atleast they did when I tried buying something on the us store. So I think you have to buy psn cards.

The EU version of the PS Store wouldn't accept my US Paypal account when I tried to buy games that way. I had to buy EU PSN cards online to get stuff. The best reason to have accounts for different countries is so you can catch sales that do not exist in both countries or so you can purchase PSN games that aren't available in both countries. Otherwise, I think it would be easier to stick with a NA account if that is where you live. My EU account is primarily for beta testing and using foreign codes that people give away online.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"