The Tablet Thread

Vinomen

PSLS Level: Bronze
What Tablet(s) do you own now, have owned in the past, or plan to own in the future. And Lets not forget Fanboy-ism's and Speculation.

Current:
  • Google Nexus 7 FHD (2013) 32GB - T-Mobile LTE
  • Google Nexus 7 FHD (2013) 32GB
  • B&N Nook Color 8GB (Hacked Running CM10)
  • WORK - iPad 3 32GB - AT&T
  • WORK - iPad 2 16GB (junker)
Future
  • New Nexus 8 (HTC) or New Nexus 10 (I love the 7" for mobility & work but really want one larger for home)
Past:
  • HP Touchpad 16GB (Hacked Running CM10) - Sold For Profit
  • HP Touchpad 16GB (Hacked Running CM10) - Sold For Profit

I've always been an Android Guy since the G1 Days, so my list reflects that. The Nook Color was my First Pseudo Tablet, I had it running Android off microSD then I loaded the better Roms right to the emmc and never looked back. It was a pretty solid device until I bout 2 Touchpads during the HP/Palm Fire Sales. I picked up each Touchpad for $100 a peace and at the time was stupid cheap since there were no budget tablets a the time (I actually bought a 3rd 32GB Model for $150 but immediately flipped for like $350. I had to wait a bit for the Hacked Android Builds but they were solid tablet once I had android on them both. I kept those around for a couple years until I realized they were a bit outdated and tablets had come way down in price at which point i finally upgraded to the New Nexus 7 (2013) and sold off both Touchpads for Profit. And then Last week i bought another New Nexus 7 (2013) but with LTE since T-Mobile was offering such a good deal on them with Free Data.

Last edited:
G1 Nexus 7
ASUS B121 Slate - Basically a tablet PC.

I have been considering getting a Galaxy 10" at some point.

I also have a 32 GB HP Touchpad running CM that I got during the fire sale. Android builds for it have improved quite a bit over the years. I know it's not up to par with some of the new stuff on the market, but I use it *maybe* once or twice a week and can't justify upgrading with such little use.

I have had an ASUS Transformer TF101, but a couple weeks ago the screen went and died on me. Funnily enough, everything else still works and I'm still receiving notifications on it. The warranty is expired so I may pull it apart and see if I can fix it to hold me over for a bit.

I'm waiting till June to buy a new tablet. I want to see what Google has planned for I/O, with how good (and affordable) the Nexus line of tablets have been and the age of the current selection, I want to see if they announce a new 10". If not, I'll probably pick up the 7" or 8" that they're rumored to have planned.

I have an iPad 2 64 gb with 3G and an iPad Mini 16 gb. I love the Mini, but wish I got at least 32 gb storage with it, so I don't have to manage my apps and files so carefully.

In the future, I may pick up the next iteration of the Galaxy Tab 7, so that I have some Android to play with.

Forgot to add what I use at work. I'm an Android guy at heart but we have about 50-60 iPads, a few iPhones and about 40 OSX devices that i Administer. I am also the AirWatch MDM Administrator at work so I do a fair share of work on Apple Devices

• WORK - iPad 3 32GB - AT&T
  • WORK - iPad 2 16GB (junker)

I have a blackberry playbook and a samsung galaxy tab 10.1 but unfortunately for the samsung tab, the battery is dead as in device cannot be charged dead and i'm going round Looking through phone accessory stores to see if they have the battery for an android tablet in stock before i buy one online

Hi everybody
For my part
I have an ipad air and I like it a lot.
I had a galaxy note in 10 "but Ipad is still a reference and super fast.

SHAREit MX Player

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"