Discussion in 'Vita and PSP' started by BigPete7978, Apr 3, 2014.
The question is simple. Would you purchase the PlayStation Vita TV?
Personally I would. I think it would be an awesome thing for the Vita, and may actually boost sales.
My wife and I are eagerly awaiting one to put with one of our other TVs, either in the bedroom or computer room. The fact that you can stream PS3 and PS4 means we can both be playing one or the other without moving systems from the main TV or buying more consoles.
I definitely would. It'd be nice to be able to play my Vita games on the 55", as well as stream the PS3 and PS4, as Chandler said.
Isn't that the equivalent of indies on PS4?
By the way, Vita TV would be a no-brainer if you own at PS4 and are a traveler, assuming you can remote play from PS4 > Vita > Vita TV.
no. i already have my cable, pc & ps3 on my tv and i can't afford to buy a new tv yet. maybe if i get a better paying job or i lessen the laziness in my life and work more. lol
I would, I'd love to play Ys, Persona, Killzone all on the big screen. If patched to support the Vita itself as a controller, than i'd play Gravity Rush to show off.
I would definitely buy one. I only have one tv in my house, so this would give me a good enough excuse to buy another.
i am in need of something like this in my bedroom so I would def. pick one up.
Yes, I would love to be able to play some of those games with a controller. The TV portion is nice, but to use a controller would make it so much better.
They should also make the US/CAN version use the DS4 so we can map touch controls to the touchpad.
I would love to see the Vita TV come over to the States for some major reasons:
1) some games would look amazing or be great to play on a TV such as Gravity Rush or Wipeout 2048.
2) Even with cross buy benefiting from it, some people don't want to own the console to play the handheld version on a big screen. Plus, some games don't even have cross buy support, despite them being the same game.
3) The vita, although it has many features, can get handcramp-inducing after a while and a controller would help nullify that problem (or a hand grip case for the system, I haven't invested in it).
4) Sometimes i would like to show vatius things on the big screen such as photos, various apps (IE Netflix r Facebook photos) from the vita.
5) It would make doing let's plays a lot easier for the Internet without any convoluted modding or unofficial items. I don't know if Sony allows or likes let's plays, but I do since it tends to introduce me to many games or franchises that I would have ignored otherwise.
Side-note: I went on longer than I thought with this topic.
I am definitely going to pick one up. I would have imported one, but they are region locked.
I hope we can get some kind of update on these at E3.
I'd say that is a safe bet.
Agreed, my only wish is that they update it to use the DS4. So Much Want!
They did say that they were going to. Been nearly 2 months since the DS4's was available in Japan and still not a word =/
I'm hoping for a E3 announcement to go with a PS Now launch date.
Might be a dumb question: Can you remote play on your Vita and send it to Vita TV?
Personally, no. I just don't see the appeal of playing handhelds on a big screen. That is what my consoles are for.
I feel the same, but the big thing about this is the ability to "remote play" and stream your PS3 and PS4 games. That's huge. That means that I can have my PS3 and PS4 on my main TV, but still be able to play each console in another room if I need to. That's the big reason I am getting it.
Also, easier for my wife to play Vita games without having to swap out memory cards and switch users.