Xperia Z2 coming to NA in Summer 2014?

stolenxnametag

PSLS Level: Kraken
PSLS Ambassador
I just read rumors that Sony is bringing to North America their Xperia Z2 phone that was announced at MWC 2014 this summer. It would be easy to treat this strictly as a rumor, but this is similar to the schedule that we saw last year with the Xperia Z being announced in January and releasing in the US over the following summer. If any of you want to check it out, GSM Arena has a pretty nice spec sheet on it here.

Now it's time to debate on whether I want to buy it this summer or wait until the Z3 inevitably releases this winter (if Sony continues to keep the same "two flagships per year" cycle).

I considered waiting to get a Z2 instead of a Galaxy S5 because I heard rumblings that it was going to make its way to Verizon. But when my contract ended, I had to pull the trigger on the S5. My droid4 was on the brink of being beaten to death for its inability to multitask. And by multitask I mean run 2 apps at the same time. I could not listen to music and open twitter at the same time without a 5 minute delay on twitter opening and updating. My old phone forced a hasty upgrade but I couldn't be happier with my night/day difference in performance.

Do you buy phones at full retail @stolenxnametag in order to upgrade every so often?

So i am jumping on this a bit late, i have always been an iPhone user looking to dump them, would this be the phone for me i had a Galaxy s4 and could not get used to it, went back to iPhone.

So i am jumping on this a bit late, i have always been an iPhone user looking to dump them, would this be the phone for me i had a Galaxy s4 and could not get used to it, went back to iPhone.
Sony's Xperia phones, specifically the Z series, are usually skinned lightly. The Xperia interface is the closest that I've used to regular old vanilla Android (my first Android was an HTC G2 Google Edition, the successor to the first Android phone). Sony's bundled apps are apps that I actually use, such as PlayStation Mobile, Music Unlimited, and Walkman (for the MP3s that I store on sd).

That being said, my biggest issue with my Xperia Z is that there is only one speaker in it. Sure, my phone came with an NFC-enabled wireless speaker, but that doesn't help me when I don't have it on my person. What's awesome about the Xperia Z2 is that it has 2, so they're actually starting to take this whole music thing more seriously in their phones. They've also given the camera app a facelift and have supposedly made it more usable for the average non-photographer.

Xperia Z2.jpg

If you're coming over from an iOS device and want a premium Android phone to replace it, then this is the one for you. It has good sound quality (and in some markets comes with proprietary headphones for the new active digital noise-cancelling headphone jack), a 4k video camera, the quad-core Snapdragon 801, 3200mAh of battery power, and even support for 802.11 b/g/n/n5ghz/ac wifi connectivity. It's a wet dream. Oh, and if that's not good enough, it's IP58-certified, giving it the highest rank of dust in water resistance for handheld electronics in the United States.

sony-mdr-nc31em_9a9f99226c5ca615.jpg

Sony's Xperia phones, specifically the Z series, are usually skinned lightly. The Xperia interface is the closest that I've used to regular old vanilla Android (my first Android was an HTC G2 Google Edition, the successor to the first Android phone). Sony's bundled apps are apps that I actually use, such as PlayStation Mobile, Music Unlimited, and Walkman (for the MP3s that I store on sd).

That being said, my biggest issue with my Xperia Z is that there is only one speaker in it. Sure, my phone came with an NFC-enabled wireless speaker, but that doesn't help me when I don't have it on my person. What's awesome about the Xperia Z2 is that it has 2, so they're actually starting to take this whole music thing more seriously in their phones. They've also given the camera app a facelift and have supposedly made it more usable for the average non-photographer.

View attachment 649

If you're coming over from an iOS device and want a premium Android phone to replace it, then this is the one for you. It has good sound quality (and in some markets comes with proprietary headphones for the new active digital noise-cancelling headphone jack), a 4k video camera, the quad-core Snapdragon 801, 3200mAh of battery power, and even support for 802.11 b/g/n/n5ghz/ac wifi connectivity. It's a wet dream. Oh, and if that's not good enough, it's IP58-certified, giving it the highest rank of dust in water resistance for handheld electronics in the United States.

View attachment 647

I'm a user of various types of phones over the years, but with all the advances in tech for mobile phones i don't think the xperia will make much of a splash. If at all. I went to buy my iphone, half the phones there i had never heard of, the other have had shit battery time, and did a whole bunch of stuff i had no use for.

I'm a user of various types of phones over the years, but with all the advances in tech for mobile phones i don't think the xperia will make much of a splash. If at all. I went to buy my iphone, half the phones there i had never heard of, the other have had shit battery time, and did a whole bunch of stuff i had no use for.
Speaking of battery life, this showed up on my Xperia tab in my newsreader this morning.

Sony's problem is that they're not too great at marketing. If I didn't read tech and business news all the time for school, I wouldn't accidentally find out all of this shit about their products. It's a shame.

Speaking of battery life, this showed up on my Xperia tab in my newsreader this morning.

Sony's problem is that they're not too great at marketing. If I didn't read tech and business news all the time for school, I wouldn't accidentally find out all of this shit about their products. It's a shame.

Not to great is a bit of an understatement, i love my ps but if they advertised their systems and games as much as microshit did, they would probably be selling even more consoles and games, but i rarely if ever see commercials for ANYTHING Sony makes.

Not to great is a bit of an understatement, i love my ps but if they advertised their systems and games as much as microshit did, they would probably be selling even more consoles and games, but i rarely if ever see commercials for ANYTHING Sony makes.

I can say I have only seen a PS4 TV spot maybe twice.. its crazy how they can pull this off just by the fan-base alone imagine if they did advertise like Microsoft did ..... Would xbox even be around?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"