Ridiculous Trophies

To me fighting games always have ridiculous trophies like win 500 times or whatever. However, that could simply be because I'm terrible at fighting games. Zen Pinball games have always had ridiculously hard trophies to get, at least for me.

I'm sure there are others too, but they're not coming to mind.

Another thing I hate is games with trophies that require many playthroughs. Two full playthroughs is okay for most games, but any more than that, it almost ruins the game and makes you not ever want to come back to it.

I know but... I hate having to boost trophies.

I guess I should try for those trophies. Maybe we should have a Trophy Boosting section XD

Really? Wow every time I hear something about the Xbox One it's like the console is begging me to hate it.

You'd hate the Xbox One.

Trophies on Netflix, Hulu, and other stuff for watching and voting. So boost your score by being a data point for a company. XD
It doesn't go to your gamerscore at all. Just bragging rights pretty much. I think it's cool they expanded past games only. But yeah it doesn't help you have a higher gamerscore at all.

It doesn't go to your gamerscore at all. Just bragging rights pretty much. I think it's cool they expanded past games only. But yeah it doesn't help you have a higher gamerscore at all.
I think that's worse. They should have created another score. They could have called it your Entertainment Score.

They should have at least had it to where like if I boot up Netflix it'd give me an Anime Aficionado badge or something because most of my Netflix is animated. Then at least someone could look at my profile and see that somewhere on the card and go "Hey maybe I should ask him about ____ anime"

I think that's worse. They should have created another score. They could have called it your Entertainment Score.

They should have at least had it to where like if I boot up Netflix it'd give me an Anime Aficionado badge or something because most of my Netflix is animated. Then at least someone could look at my profile and see that somewhere on the card and go "Hey maybe I should ask him about ____ anime"
I think I've come to realize that you truly hate anything that Microsoft has to offer. There isn't one thing I've heard you say positive about them.

I think I've come to realize that you truly hate anything that Microsoft has to offer. There isn't one thing I've heard you say positive about them.
inb4 Windows

^^ that would actually be kind of innovative. I like this idea. I mean - my wife and I watched both series of Inuyasha on Hulu, so the console OS could be like, "Hey, since you watched Inuyasha on Hulu, maybe you would enjoy Samurai X. It's available on [insert name of streaming service]."

It's because they don't do anything right.

I like Windows 8 kinda... but I feel more secure on Linux and I like tinkering with the user interface.

I wanted to like the Xbox One. However they shouldn't have said "We can't just flip a switch and make the DRM go away" and then a week or 2 later they said "Well we turned off the DRM that requires always online."

They should have made it an option. You should be able to go into your settings and go "Turn on Always Online Mode" and then it could have given the game sharing feature they had. Hell why didn't they offer that feature for Digital Purchases? Why can't they offer the ability to sell or trade games like they said they were going to? All they had to do was give people the OPTION to play on the One like Microsoft intended.

Why couldn't they have made it to where if you buy a game for Windows 8 or the Xbox One you get it on the other platform? Then I could buy Elder Scrolls Online (on PC for example) and then if I get an Xbox One I can play it on there! Same with Rayman Legends. How about just saying "Oh if you pay $10 or $20 dollars more you can also have this game in your Xbox One library"

If they did stuff like that, they would be compelling, they would be new, they would be innovative. I was considering getting an Xbox One just for the game sharing thing. Because I knew you would add me to your friends list, and I could play Plants Versus Zombies, while you play Titanfall!

The reason why I hate Microsoft so much right now, is because for the past few years I've been defending the Windows 8 experience, and how there's going to be all this cross talk and cross pollonization and how cool things would be if my brother bought and Xbox One, and I bought one, and we didn't have to beg each other to buy a game, we could just share it with each other, and voice chat and BS without having to buy 2 copies. He's a casual gamer. He gave me his PSP for Christmas. That's how I got my first PSP. I was even considering getting a Windows Phone 8 phone.

Then the Xbox One can't be offline.
Then the DRM can't be shut off.
Buy a 360 if you have shitty internet (which a lot of people do around here and some of them don't have internet at all)
The physical game is useless you can't put it in another person's console and play, so you have to put your account on their system to play the game.

Then there's outcry and outrage, and I try to look on the bright side and hope that they do the right thing.

What did they do? They went from fresh innovative ideas to

"Well people aren't ready for all these cool new amazing things we were going to do, so we're going to do nothing cool and innovative and you guys will never know the true potential of the Xbox One."

So really? You're blaming us? I outlined the way that you could have compromised and met in the middle. You're a huge fucking company inno fucking vate!

Everything they do is a half measure and I'm tired of sticking up for them and trying to look at the good side. Microsoft's worst days are ahead of them, stock holders are pissed. Sony has cross-buy from PS3-4 why can't Microsoft?

Oh because they don't fucking care about you. You're just a cow to be milked. I'm tired of Corporate America at this point pete. It's more than just Microsoft I'm tired of the way Wal-Mart treats employees, the way Target treats employees, the way Republicans treat poor people, and women, I'm just fucking tired of greedy corporate fucking America polluting everything, not doing smart simple regulations, cutting back my wife's food stamps, blaming the bad economy on Democrats while they sit tehre and block unemployment, which means fewer customers which means fewer hours.

At this point I'm pissed at the American way. Maybe in 2 or 3 years I'll calm the fuck down, but right now there's nothing about America I like. I still can't afford health care even though Mitt Romney's Massachusettes health care plan was the basis for the Affordable Care Act and Republicans try and do everything they can to screw me out of affordable health care. I'm a tax payer damn it, I should be able to go see a doctor to find out if my ankle is going to heal so I can make enough money, so that maybe one day I will buy a Microsoft product on impulse again.

But nope. Instead i'm worried that my water will get contaminated because of lack of regulation, for January I was working 10 hours a fucking week.

So yes I'm bitter. I'm angry, I'm upset, and I look at my Sony products, and I get games I want on Plus, and I try to watch my money because gaming is all I have. I don't see happy smiles when I look at the Xbox One. I see too expensive, wife doesn't want it, and damn it, I can't afford both and I see no reason for me to get the One.

So yeah I'm pisssy lately. If they had that gamesharing thing, Pete I would be all smiles and chatting with you instead of ranting at you because I'd feel like gaming took a big step forward, and then maybe Sony would do the same thing, and then you could play my PS4 games and I wouldn't hate Microsoft so much. But telling the consumers "It's your fault the One isn't awesome like we planned" really was the last straw.

Someone go check the word count.

This one might be bigger than the other one.

Sorry for the angry ranting just everything in my life is falling to pieces and my PS3, and Vita, and Game of Thrones, and Netflix are what get me through the week.

Note to self: MakaiOokami definitely hates Microsoft more then I do. Also don't feel bad about the ranting, sometimes I see the situation in America and wonder how a person can stop themselves from just snapping. Here in England we have a similar situation,

Basically:
- We were dumb enough to vote for Mr.Moneybags (What I call both Mitt Romney and David Cameron)
- Immigration has gotten out of control
- Anyway who speaks out against Immigration is immediately called out as being racist
- The NHS is terrible yet the government creates programs designed to help the overweight and heavy smokers to get healthy (I get wanting to help people but paying them to do it seems counter-productive, they should want to do so they I don't know CAN AVOID DEATH)
- There's a lack of jobs meaning half the country is unemployed
- Immigrants are being brought in take the jobs that are out there OH and then there's the clever plan some idiots have come up with "Let's work less to show those guys what happens when you get immigrants to do our jobs!" Yeah idiots they get harder working employees.
- The benefits system is being abused
- I have the horrible feeling that fundamentalist Muslims and the English Defense League (Don't let the name fool you these guys are just as bad as the former) are going to push each other way too far this time. After that soldier was murdered in broad daylight the British Police were terrified that it'd mean a full on attack of Muslim residents most of whom were innocent and had nothing to do with the murder.

I'm not saying we have it worst but it's not great here either and I get how someone would want to just rant sometimes. I mean I did up there although it doesn't beat you.

Last edited:
Note to self: MakaiOokami definitely hates Microsoft more then I do. Also don't feel bad about the ranting, sometimes I see the situation in America and wonder how a person can stop themselves from just snapping. Here in England we have a similar situation,

Basically:
- We were dumb enough to vote for Mr.Moneybags (What I call both Mitt Romney and David Cameron)
- Immigration has gotten out of control
- Anyway who speaks out against Immigration is immediately called out as being racist
- The NHS is terrible yet the government creates programs designed to help the overweight and heavy smokers to get healthy (I get wanting to help people but paying them to do it seems counter-productive, they should want to do so they I don't know CAN AVOID DEATH)
- There's a lack of jobs meaning half the country is unemployed
- Immigrants are being brought in take the jobs that are out there OH and then there's the clever plan some idiots have come up with "Let's work less to show those guys what happens when you get immigrants to do our jobs!" Yeah idiots they get harder working employees.
- The benefits system is being abused
- I have the horrible feeling that fundamentalist Muslims and the English Defense League (Don't let the name fool you these guys are just as bad as the former) are going to push each other way too far this time. After that soldier was murdered in broad daylight the British Police were terrified that it'd mean a full on attack of Muslim residents most of whom were innocent and had nothing to do with the murder.

I'm not saying we have it worst but it's not great here either and I get how someone would want to just rant sometimes. I mean I did up there although it doesn't beat you.
If I had full time hours I'd make 1.1k a month.

To live without my dad's support bills would be about 1.4k a month.

It's not possible to make ends meet without moving into the ghetto where bills would be about 900 a month. Also working full time hours pretty much meant that I had to go to work at noon one day, get off at work at around 7:00 p.m. and then be back at work around 4:00a.m. which is why my hours are so low. My body just can't do the extreme levels of bullshit required because of an ankle injury that hasn't fully healed in over a year, back pain, and no ability to go to a doctor since i have no insurance, because those numbers are without insurance.

So it's not possible for me to make it on my own, and if I move in with someone it's VERY hard to find someone that won't steal your stuff, or won't skip out on you.

I'm not having a go at you there, for one it'd make me a bit of a hypocrite. No I'm talking about the people who don't need to be on benefits but find it's easier then actually having to work. You know the guys who pretend to need a wheelchair and then get caught playing golf with their friends.

I'm not having a go at you there, for one it'd make me a bit of a hypocrite. No I'm talking about the people who don't need to be on benefits but find it's easier then actually having to work. You know the guys who pretend to need a wheelchair and then get caught playing golf with their friends.
I'm not a hypocrite though. The government subsidy doesn't do much to help. Rent is 600. My dad just helps out with rent because we can't make it on our own.

I know. I'm living on benefits myself and well let's just say the situation I'm in makes it hard for me to find work (I feel uncomfortable talking about it) I've spent the last year playing video games, watching TV and from time to time talking to myself.

It's cool I get it, when you're living off benefits some people group you together with the guys abusing the system even when it's not the case. I've had guys tell me that there's jobs everywhere whilst not giving me any clear indication as to where these jobs are.

The "Actually Quite Good" trophy is LBP2, where you have to score in the top 25% for 5 community levels that have had 50+ visitors is crazy. It's not bad if you pre-ordered the game and got the trophy soon thereafter (that's what I did), but for people playing now - I think that would be a different story.
All you have to do is play a level where it is only possible to get a certain score. You would instantly be in the top 25% if everyone had the same score. :p

any metal gear trophy is ridiculous, I'm still going insane over trying to platinum metal gear rising. those damn vr trophies

Have you done the plats for 2, 3 and 4?

3 is really easy to do - can be done in one playthrough on Very Easy if you planned it out.
But 2 & 4 are ridiculous.
MGS2 - Collecting all the dog tags and beating all the VR missions for MGS2 was a killer that I nearly gave up on.
MGS4 - Collecting all 40 emblems. Requires multiple playthroughs, including a no kills, no alerts The Boss Extreme difficulty run on a strict time limit. Not only that, but you also have to do an intentionally rubbish playthrough that takes hours and hours, getting seen and dying on purpose repeatedly - not fun to do at all.

Have you done the plats for 2, 3 and 4?

3 is really easy to do - can be done in one playthrough on Very Easy if you planned it out.
But 2 & 4 are ridiculous.
MGS2 - Collecting all the dog tags and beating all the VR missions for MGS2 was a killer that I nearly gave up on.
MGS4 - Collecting all 40 emblems. Requires multiple playthroughs, including a no kills, no alerts The Boss Extreme difficulty run on a strict time limit. Not only that, but you also have to do an intentionally rubbish playthrough that takes hours and hours, getting seen and dying on purpose repeatedly - not fun to do at all.

didn't bother doing the plats for those, they bored me to quickly

Wanna know what sucks as a trophy? The grinding trophies in DJMAX Technika tune. Getting a 99,999 combo was EXTREMELY tedious.

Rayman Legends Awesomness trophy is pretty lame. I don't mind having to grind for a trophy but I hate that its on Ubisofts terms. 2 daily challenges, 2 weekly challenges. A total of 16 Possible trophies per week. At my rate, I'll be doing challenges every day for the next 2 1/2 months

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"