Assassin's Creed Unity Coming To PS4 And Xbox One

BigPete7978

PSLS Level: Silver
ACUnity_zpse7eee6ab.png

Looks as if there will be another Assassin's Creed title coming to current gen consoles only. The name of the title is Assassin's Creed Unity. I have to say I am definitely excited for it considering how good Black Flag is (still working my way through it on PS4, great game). Here is a short teaser of the game. What do you think of it, and what would you like to see in the game?

taking place 18th century Paris... BORING!!!

wake me up when they finally take this to setting to Japan.

I'm looking forward to this game. Admittedly, I'm not too sure about the whole 18th century Paris setting, but Black Flag gave me hope again for this franchise, which was seeming to get a bit old after I played through III. It'll definitely be a game that I'll add to my PS4 collection.

Can't wait to sail the open seas as a pirate in Paris! What's that? There are no open seas or pirates in Paris? Bloody hell, looks like it's an Assassin's Creed 2 trilogy revisit then. Disappointing (though I know I will end up getting it and loving it).

I may hold out for 2015's Assassin's Creed title. The French Revolution was interesting when you get into it. However, it isn't the setting I was hoping for. Nor do I think I can personally get involved with it as much as I did with Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Couldn't hurt to rent it though, right?

I may hold out for 2015's Assassin's Creed title. The French Revolution was interesting when you get into it. However, it isn't the setting I was hoping for. Nor do I think I can personally get involved with it as much as I did with Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Couldn't hurt to rent it though, right?
Definitely a rent. Then again as massive as Black Flag was and it was more than one generation of consoles, this game could be ridiculously huge. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Still, with Destiny releasing (what I imagine) a month before, I doubt this will take my attention. Though I would like to see the King Louis XVI get his head cut off.

I always like to downtalk the new AC games, then I always get them and platinum them and love them. Perhaps it's because I set my expectations so low to begin with? But Black Flag really was amazing (hated III though).
I'm with you there. After AC3 which I read so much about and was so hyped for (then turns around and is my least favorite AC game), I've almost universally stopped reading everything on a game I think I may really like. I find it helps set expectations lower so that even if it's only a 'good' game and not a 'great' game you're still happy and not depressed at what could have been. I even found Liberation HD to be fun, after reading absolutely nothing about it or the Vita version.

I'm a HUGE AC fan. I know that makes me a bit of a hypocrite as I'll bitch all day about how little COD changes with each version, but I still feel Ubisoft make have more advancements with each game than COD does in 4 years. I mean... SHIPS! So needless to say I'll buy Unity and Comet and not regret it.

Speaking of Comet and to hijack a bit, there's some credible details finally coming about the 360/PS3 game as well, codenamed Comet. The article itself may contain a spoiler to Comet depending on how market it pre-release.
http://kotaku.com/sources-assassins-creed-comet-will-let-you-play-as-a-1552929846

[Off-topic: Since the first AC, Ubisoft has steadily been climbing up my list of favorite publishers.]

I'm with you there. After AC3 which I read so much about and was so hyped for (then turns around and is my least favorite AC game), I've almost universally stopped reading everything on a game I think I may really like. I find it helps set expectations lower so that even if it's only a 'good' game and not a 'great' game you're still happy and not depressed at what could have been. I even found Liberation HD to be fun, after reading absolutely nothing about it or the Vita version.

I'm a HUGE AC fan. I know that makes me a bit of a hypocrite as I'll bitch all day about how little COD changes with each version, but I still feel Ubisoft make have more advancements with each game than COD does in 4 years. I mean... SHIPS! So needless to say I'll buy Unity and Comet and not regret it.

Speaking of Comet and to hijack a bit, there's some credible details finally coming about the 360/PS3 game as well, codenamed Comet. The article itself may contain a spoiler to Comet depending on how market it pre-release.
http://kotaku.com/sources-assassins-creed-comet-will-let-you-play-as-a-1552929846

[Off-topic: Since the first AC, Ubisoft has steadily been climbing up my list of favorite publishers.]

I think I'm the only guy in the world disappointed with the Ezio entries after 2. I mean I loved the addition of multiplayer in Brotherhood, but I didn't enjoy the games again until Black Flag. The original and Black Flag are my favorite entries. They both just grabbed me and didn't let go.

I think I'm the only guy in the world disappointed with the Ezio entries after 2. I mean I loved the addition of multiplayer in Brotherhood, but I didn't enjoy the games again until Black Flag. The original and Black Flag are my favorite entries. They both just grabbed me and didn't let go.
I'll agree with you on Revelations. That one to me was my least favorite AC game, however I think Brotherhood was the best in that arc in both gameplay and story.

Not the only one.. I have actually been more disappointed in the entire series. The games excite me for about an hour or so and then I just get bored.

Ive played every AC game to date, looks like ill be playing both games coming out this year. Gonna plat black flag with double xp this weekend. I like looking at my trophies and seeing all the Assassins creed games ive played

Ive played every AC game to date, looks like ill be playing both games coming out this year. Gonna plat black flag with double xp this weekend. I like looking at my trophies and seeing all the Assassins creed games ive played
Have you platinumed all of them?

I know that I did, even going as far as to restart my entire AC3 playthrough for one stupid glitch that prevented me from getting 100%, so I had to do it ALL again....side missions and everything.
I'm kinda in that position right now with Liberation HD. I platted the game, but because Ubi's servers are so fubared (and the game is too kinda) that nearly none of my progress is registered... including collectables. Which means I'm essentially stuck on the Assassin's Creed Initiates missions for Liberations HD. So now I'm forced to either sit through it hoping the finally fix it or replay through the entire game again so that it'll sync my progress.

[Ranting follows, not pertinent to the discussion but about how bad the Liberation HD/ACI experience is. You can entirely ignore this unless you like to read completely irrelevant rants.]
So if you haven't played Liberation HD yet and care to participate in ACI, make sure you can connect to the leaderboards in game before you do anything. If you can't, there's a chance that none/very little of your progress will show on ACI. There is a fix, but it's somewhat annoying and has to be done every time you launch the game. The fix is to start Uplay, close it, continue your game, go to the leaderboards, when it doesn't load, log out of PSN, open the leaderboards again and let the leaderboards log you in. This doesn't work all the time, but seems to work a majority of the time. The game is rather buggy as well and the stat keeping is rather piss poor. The highest I've seen anybody have for collected chests is 92% and it'll frequently cap your dressing rooms at 99% even if you own them all. Now onto ACI... I've managed to screw around enough to somehow get ACI to pick up I have 100% completion. Yet, it still thinks I have 0 collectables, spent a total of like 30 minutes in game, killed only 30-some guards and... not completed the story. *SIGH* Aside from the shit Liberation HD has been tossing around on ACI, I actually really like the concept and what they have done with the site and giving a centralized hub for additional AC related activities.

I'm kinda in that position right now with Liberation HD. I platted the game, but because Ubi's servers are so fubared (and the game is too kinda) that nearly none of my progress is registered... including collectables. Which means I'm essentially stuck on the Assassin's Creed Initiates missions for Liberations HD. So now I'm forced to either sit through it hoping the finally fix it or replay through the entire game again so that it'll sync my progress.

[Ranting follows, not pertinent to the discussion but about how bad the Liberation HD/ACI experience is. You can entirely ignore this unless you like to read completely irrelevant rants.]
So if you haven't played Liberation HD yet and care to participate in ACI, make sure you can connect to the leaderboards in game before you do anything. If you can't, there's a chance that none/very little of your progress will show on ACI. There is a fix, but it's somewhat annoying and has to be done every time you launch the game. The fix is to start Uplay, close it, continue your game, go to the leaderboards, when it doesn't load, log out of PSN, open the leaderboards again and let the leaderboards log you in. This doesn't work all the time, but seems to work a majority of the time. The game is rather buggy as well and the stat keeping is rather piss poor. The highest I've seen anybody have for collected chests is 92% and it'll frequently cap your dressing rooms at 99% even if you own them all. Now onto ACI... I've managed to screw around enough to somehow get ACI to pick up I have 100% completion. Yet, it still thinks I have 0 collectables, spent a total of like 30 minutes in game, killed only 30-some guards and... not completed the story. *SIGH* Aside from the shit Liberation HD has been tossing around on ACI, I actually really like the concept and what they have done with the site and giving a centralized hub for additional AC related activities.
Do these problems exist for the Vita version? I thought about going back and finishing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"