The Last Of Us Officially Coming To PS4

BigPete7978

PSLS Level: Silver
After a lot of the rumors and reports it has finally been confirmed that the critically acclaimed The Last Of Us will be headed to the PlayStation 4. The officially artwork can be seen below. They are attempting to get 60 FPS for when the game releases. If Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is any indication of what remastered games can look like on the PS4, gamers will once again love this amazing game.

TheLastOfUsPS4_zpsad63e368.jpg
It is also worth noting that the game will also be coming with pretty much all of the DLC that has been previously been releases for the PlayStation 3 version of the game. Will you be getting the game when it releases?
[LINK]

Im definitely buying it again even though i bought the game and season pass totaling over 80$ I just wished they added co-op. Co-op is worth 60$ alone me for me.

IF I get it, it won't be until it is $20 or below. So I imagine in about 5 years or so. I just disagree with the whole idea of this rerelease. Tomb Raider made a smidge of sense, not Last of Us.

IF I get it, it won't be until it is $20 or below. So I imagine in about 5 years or so. I just disagree with the whole idea of this rerelease. Tomb Raider made a smidge of sense, not Last of Us.
Why did Tomb Raider make sense but not The Last of Us?

As for getting the game I probably won't. I have yet to beat the PS3 version.

Why did Tomb Raider make sense but not The Last of Us?

As for getting the game I probably won't. I have yet to beat the PS3 version.

A smidge of sense. Not sure how to accurately describe my thoughts about it. On PS3 it just seemed so lackluster to me and Lara just did not seem like Lara at all. When I experienced the Definitive Edition at a friend's house, it just seemed more engrossing. I actually felt like it was Lara Croft that go around. The world was richer and quite a bit more alive. Maybe that is how they initially wanted it. Or all this could be some veil I've cast over mine own eyes.

I just don't see what they could do to improve upon Last of Us, other than make the gameplay more in-depth. Visually, it was already stunning and has a masterwork of a story. I guess I'll go over to said friend's house again and see what the hubbub is about.

Nope. Won't get it. I'll be moving on. Side note: does it qualify for PS4 GOTY this year?
Hmmm good question. I would say no. You don't see GOTY collections win GOTY from sites typically. This is all that this game seems to be. Granted on a new system, but still.

Nope. Won't get it. I'll be moving on. Side note: does it qualify for PS4 GOTY this year?

You might have inadvertently acknowledged one of the larger issues with the next gen (at least in it's first year.) It would be sad if the GOTY for the new generation is the same GOTY game last year on the last generation. Who needs backwards compatibility when we are just going to port anyway.

How about this: Naughty Dog should have held off on releasing The Last of Us.

Given ND's track record, they usually stuck with an IP trilogy over the course of a console, moving on with new hardware (J&D, UC). Had they held off a little longer, they could have made Last of Us such a more moving experience than it was already. There was a lot of sacrifice in order to get the game running on PS3, primarily in the NPC AI department, and I don't mean enemies. Having Tess or Ellie run around while you're sneaking past clickers tarnished my experience, and I think that could have been completely avoided had they not tried to make the PS3's swan song and instead came up with something new to look forward to.

I really liked Uncharted, but they need to move on. They just did so prematurely, and look where it's gotten them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"