Community podcast?

So did you guys want to find a time to get together on PSN, hop in a party (I assume you all have PS4) and talk about it? Or facebook chat or something? I've got a couple of ideas for subjects to talk about, some are typical and boring and some are a little more fun.

So did you guys want to find a time to get together on PSN, hop in a party (I assume you all have PS4) and talk about it? Or facebook chat or something? I've got a couple of ideas for subjects to talk about, some are typical and boring and some are a little more fun.

Yeah, sure. Meeting together on PSN sounds good. Just message me on PSN when you can.

Thanks! We just set up a private party chat on PS4. Then we talk to each other through our headsets. As we are talking, we record each of our halves of the podcast in Audacity. When we are done, he emails me his audio, and I put it together with mine in Audacity. After its finished processing, I put the sound file with an image in Movie Maker and upload to YouTube.

Hey, so as far as the technical set up goes. Fellow PSLS forum member, Bayouboyz - host of the PSBS podcast, gave me some incite on how he records his podcast.

Over the weekend will any of you have time to look into his technique and see if we can make it work? Do all of you have PS4s? I will download Audacity myself and give it a look.

Hey, so as far as the technical set up goes. Fellow PSLS forum member, Bayouboyz - host of the PSBS podcast, gave me some incite on how he records his podcast.

Over the weekend will any of you have time to look into his technique and see if we can make it work? Do all of you have PS4s? I will download Audacity myself and give it a look.

I'm available I believe all weekend long, on PC or PS4. I will add you on PSN as well, and send you, Jak and arithrottle messages on PSN tonight to get it going, and suggest times. I have the phone app so I'll get those messages right away when you guys reply, and we can try to work something out. I assume tomorrow night if free?

Sorry, I haven't been on. I work late-night shifts and this is my weekend to work.

Not a problem. I got in touch with Johnny / Jak and if he can't be on, I can relay the information to him at a later date. Same with you, if need be we can fill you in later. So Stephen, whenever you are available, let me know. I also sent you a PSN message, so feel free to replay wherever you want!

In case you aren't getting the messages in the group chat on PSN, we have a tentative time of Tuesday, 7pm EST to do some tests, figure some things out and see if it can work. Just post here or send a PSN message to me or Stephen if you can make it or not. Also, since it's a test, we won't be talking about anything too crazy, just try and think of your most anticipated Playstation release this year =p

Are cross-chats compatible between Vita and PS4? I may be able to make this work if I can do it with my Vita.

Are cross-chats compatible between Vita and PS4? I may be able to make this work if I can do it with my Vita.
I'm not sure but I'll try to look into it if I have a chance. The big thing will be recording the audio so it can be pieced together after. (At least, I think that's how we'll be doing it)

I'm not sure but I'll try to look into it if I have a chance. The big thing will be recording the audio so it can be pieced together after. (At least, I think that's how we'll be doing it)

They are, but depending on how simply we want to accomplish this, what I'm not 100% sure on is if he is on Vita, we stream the chat, then edit it outside of PS4, how well he will show up / if he shows up at all on a stream. I'll try and tinker with it a little bit tomorrow and see how it works out

They are, but depending on how simply we want to accomplish this, what I'm not 100% sure on is if he is on Vita, we stream the chat, then edit it outside of PS4, how well he will show up / if he shows up at all on a stream. I'll try and tinker with it a little bit tomorrow and see how it works out
Thanks. Let us know what you come up with.

So I'm not sure why but Brian's audio either isn't loud enough or it didn't pick up at all. I have all three running together but for seem reason only Joe and I's audio is audible. Also Joe, you can kind of here traffic on your audio I think? Might just be a fan or something too, hard to tell.

Those issues aside, I think if we do a few more of these we will hit our stride as far as cohesion goes. As the episode continued we had less dead air and became more conversational. I'll also write something more solid up for the introduction and I'll introduce everyone too. It was really awkward how I did it this week lol. Does next Tuesday work to give it another practice try?

So I'm not sure why but Brian's audio either isn't loud enough or it didn't pick up at all. I have all three running together but for seem reason only Joe and I's audio is audible. Also Joe, you can kind of here traffic on your audio I think? Might just be a fan or something too, hard to tell.

Those issues aside, I think if we do a few more of these we will hit our stride as far as cohesion goes. As the episode continued we had less dead air and became more conversational. I'll also write something more solid up for the introduction and I'll introduce everyone too. It was really awkward how I did it this week lol. Does next Tuesday work to give it another practice try?

I went back and tried listening to it and heard nothing myself. I thought it was fine while recording, there are spikes whenever I talked, so I didn't think it wasn't working, but I must have done something stupid, sorry > < I'll work on it and make sure it doesn't happen again for next time, and yeah, Tuesday is fine again for me.

I might be able to edit the traffic out of it using a noise suppressor. I did not really go into Audacity and setup a volume threshold or anything. haha

It's all good! Like I said, once we got a few minutes in the conversation started flowing better. I think this week will be a big improvement.

Any ideas for names?

PlayStation LifeStyle Members Only Podcast?

It's all good! Like I said, once we got a few minutes in the conversation started flowing better. I think this week will be a big improvement.

Any ideas for names?

PlayStation LifeStyle Members Only Podcast?

What about Playstation Blogstyle? or Podstation Lifecast? lol

I have always wanted to be on a podcast too. Sometimes when I talk with people at work, I can go on forever about the games I like to a fault. I'm good with audio but as far as how to do google hangouts or skype properly I'm clueless though

Last edited:
I must be delirious from a long week, but the only thing I can think of is PSLS CP OMG. And for Hugo, we haven't done too much yet but our first test (which I failed miserably) was based on Audacity and simultaneously pressing record.

I must be delirious from a long week, but the only thing I can think of is PSLS CP OMG. And for Hugo, we haven't done too much yet but our first test (which I failed miserably) was based on Audacity and simultaneously pressing record.

LOL That's funny but it should work. It could easily be synched up especially if everyone does a countdown or claps together at the beginning. Also Audacity does have enough plug ins to where you can edit it nicely. Do some noise suppression, compression and EQing if need be.

Are you guys just doing audio?

Combining all your recording is also gonna much better quality than how some other podcasts do it where 1 guy just records the skype/google hangouts conversation.

I went back and tried listening to it and heard nothing myself. I thought it was fine while recording, there are spikes whenever I talked, so I didn't think it wasn't working, but I must have done something stupid, sorry > < I'll work on it and make sure it doesn't happen again for next time, and yeah, Tuesday is fine again for me.

I'll be able to actually work this out with you guys on Tuesday. This works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"