DUALSHOCK 4 battery life

Mine generally last between 6-7 hours if you can believe that or not. Both of them. And I don't have that much time during a weekday to play games. So never a problem. I tend to luck out on my PlayStations though. Wish that translated to other things in life.

Mine generally last between 6-7 hours if you can believe that or not. Both of them. And I don't have that much time during a weekday to play games. So never a problem. I tend to luck out on my PlayStations though. Wish that translated to other things in life.
I think the light sensor is honestly a reason the batteries die so quickly.

i was playing the ps3 a couple weeks ago and the battery life of the ds3 it blows my mind xD guys u think they can fix it with and update or a firmware or just launching a new rev? cuz the the BL of the DS4 its just sucky.

I have a 10ft charging cable i bought off of ebay for $2 so charging never bothers me. If you guys are having such trouble why not just plug it in at night time with power saver mode? Battery lasts atleast 6 hours should last you through the day.
I would also assume you can buy a bigger battery online, i took my controller apart to spray the front cover white and it was really easy, part of the disassembly is the battery, maybe check if theres bigger batteries online.
Miniinthebox is a good site

I have a 10ft charging cable i bought off of ebay for $2 so charging never bothers me. If you guys are having such trouble why not just plug it in at night time with power saver mode?

For me it's usually because I'm charging the gold headset overnight since I use that a lot more (works great on my PC as well). Though now that I think about it I suppose I can dig up another cable to use and just charge both.

Been switching between two controllers as well. Will likely look into getting a better battery once I have some spare cash.

I'm charging a controller daily now on PS4. With the PS3, my controllers would last 2 -3 days. Luckily I bought two controllers, so I can swap between them.

For me it's usually because I'm charging the gold headset overnight since I use that a lot more (works great on my PC as well). Though now that I think about it I suppose I can dig up another cable to use and just charge both.

Been switching between two controllers as well. Will likely look into getting a better battery once I have some spare cash.

If you have or intend on getting a second controller, the PS4 charging dock is really handy. I'm never without a controller thanks to that thing. And it frees up my cord for the Gold headset.

If you have or intend on getting a second controller, the PS4 charging dock is really handy. I'm never without a controller thanks to that thing. And it frees up my cord for the Gold headset.
This is what I have. It's an awesome and completely necessary accessory IMO. And it's really well made also.

I still cannot for the life of me figure out how so many people are having issues with battery life on the DS4. I can honestly get 6-8 hours on my single control every single day I use it (and I use it every single day.) That's around 56 hours a week of what is possibly an unhealthy addiction to video games, and I don't see it as a problem. To put it into context my battery on my DS4 works longer than somebody working a full time job, and takes the load for at least 90% of all the time I spend gaming.

When people say they are constantly changing or charging controllers what kind of time frame are we talking about here? I honestly feel there is a gross exaggeration, and very spoiled expectations for a battery life. Even if you spent every waking hour playing video games at most you would have to swap controllers once a day. (Twice in an absolute worse case scenario.) At best it's a first world problem just in the realm of problems you can have with a PS4. Can somebody here help me out and put this in proper context? How many hours per week do people with battery life issues play? How many hours a day? What is a reasonable expectation for how many hours you should get out of your controller? Are you giving it enough time to fully charge? Do you remember to charge your controllers when you are done using your PS4? Where is the real hold up here?

I still adamantly believe that if you game over 8 hours a day every day (not even mentioning consecutive hours.) you not really in a position to complain. Most people don't and I wouldn't expect Sony to cater to the select few that spend the majority of their waking hours playing video games. It's entirely reasonable to have a battery life of 6-8 hours. Calling it terrible is a bit of an exaggeration. The Virtual Boy had a terrible battery life. It took 6 AA batteries and couldn't make it through the Star Tournament of Mario Tennis, or the end of WarioLand, before you had to plug it in with its custom AC adapter that was discontinued shortly after.

Last edited:

This is why I pretty have all of my controllers on Docks.

I definitely knew they had less life than the DS3, but i never really had it affect me until i played inFamous SS. I had to swap my controller 2 times while the other would charge all in the same play session (probably 4-5 hours).

I still cannot for the life of me figure out how so many people are having issues with battery life on the DS4. I can honestly get 6-8 hours on my single control every single day I use it (and I use it every single day.) That's around 56 hours a week of what is possibly an unhealthy addiction to video games, and I don't see it as a problem. To put it into context my battery on my DS4 works longer than somebody working a full time job, and takes the load for at least 90% of all the time I spend gaming.

When people say they are constantly changing or charging controllers what kind of time frame are we talking about here? I honestly feel there is a gross exaggeration, and very spoiled expectations for a battery life. Even if you spent every waking hour playing video games at most you would have to swap controllers once a day. (Twice in an absolute worse case scenario.) At best it's a first world problem just in the realm of problems you can have with a PS4. Can somebody here help me out and put this in proper context? How many hours per week do people with battery life issues play? How many hours a day? What is a reasonable expectation for how many hours you should get out of your controller. Are you giving it enough time to fully charge? Do you remember to charge your controllers when you are done using your PS4? Where is the real hold up here?

I still adamantly believe that if you game over 8 hours a day every day (not even mentioning consecutive hours.) you not really in a position to complain. Most people don't and I wouldn't expect Sony to cater to the select few that spend the majority of their waking hours playing video games. It's entirely reasonable to have a battery life of 6-8 hours. Calling it terrible is a bit of an exaggeration. The Virtual Boy had a terrible battery life. It took 6 AA batteries and couldn't make it through the Star Tournament of Mario Tennis, or the end of WarioLand, before you had to plug it in with its custom AC adapter that was discontinued shortly after.

I'm right there with you. I get at least seven hours out of mine everyday. And I have two! I certainly don't play games all day, every day. Even though I might like to. It certainly isn't such a serious problem, to me anyway, that it is a real issue. I think you've nailed the "issue." It is seemingly a spoiled perspective on battery life and an exaggeration of frequency on controller changes or charges.

This is why I pretty have all of my controllers on Docks.

I definitely knew they had less life than the DS3, but i never really had it affect me until i played inFamous SS. I had to swap my controller 2 times while the other would charge all in the same play session (probably 4-5 hours).

Wish I caught this before I was forced to double post.

Anyway, that particular issue seems like you just didn't have your controllers charged. One controller can more than handle a 5 hour play session. They certainly weren't fully charged if you changed them three times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"