DUALSHOCK 4 battery life

Discussion in 'PS4 & PS3' started by OGLinux, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Vinomen

Vinomen PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Vinomen
    Negative, I have 2 controllers and a Charging Dock, they are always fully charged. I think games like inFamous just command much more use out of the controller vs other games. I do easily get a week or so of use out of my controllers with normal usage. But still worse than the DS3's which i can use for twice as long.

2. Arthur Sataine

Arthur Sataine PSLS Level: Bronze PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    I'm sorry, I just can't believe that within 5 hours you burned through three controllers. Unless you have two faulty products, just not possible. Everyone I know get at least that much time out of a single controller. Let alone three.

3. fersnake

fersnake PSLS Level: Newbie

PSN:
    fer-snake
    the thing is gamers dont count hours like a normal person do xD they ( including myself ) said 2hrs but in reality it's more. so yeah, maybe we're a little nit-picky about that, but cmon why just dont invent a 100hrs battery or a controller that charge's with our own body heat xD

4. Chandler Wood

Chandler Wood Get Off My Wood Staff Member

PSN:
    Wedge19
    I am finding my controller dying once a day. I play pretty much every day when I get home from work, and I would say I get an average of 6 hours per controller (sometimes more, sometimes less). I always have my controllers on a dock so they are good to go, but I am noticing that I have to reconnect my controller and grab a new one a lot more often than I do when I play PS3. It's not a huge deal, but the battery life is definitely shorter.

The annoying thing is it not making it through a full play session. I have to switch controllers some where in the middle. As my dock is in my TV cabinet, I like to leave my controller on my couch to easily turn on the PS4 without needing to get into the cabinet. But then I end up having to get in there eventually anyway everytime I play. Again, not a huge deal, but it can be mildly annoying.