Rockband Coming To PS4 and Xbox One

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by BigPete7978, Apr 11, 2014.

1. BigPete7978

BigPete7978 PSLS Level: Silver

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    I seriously can't wait for this. I never understood why either Rockband or Guitar Hero stopped being made, they had to have made good money with both series. Will you get back into Rockband if Harmonix brings them to either new console?

LINK

2. Chandler Wood

Chandler Wood Get Off My Wood Staff Member

PSN:
    Wedge19
    *I won't fall into the moneysink, I won't fall into the moneysink!* Rockband and Guitar Hero stole way too much of my time, not to mention vast amounts of money. I don't think I can do it again...

3. Phoenix8387

Phoenix8387 PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Phoenix8387
    *Sigh* Yes, I'll buy it.

I just hope they don't churn them out on a yearly cycle again. Releasing individual songs or packs are where they should concentrate on. Even having some sort of subscription would be something I think they should at least look into.

Edit: Also kinda hope to find a way other than using the large, cheaply made but still expensive plastic peripherals.

4. BigPete7978

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    I actually really like the subscription idea and the individual songs or song packs combined. It would allow for gamers to make a choice depending on what they prefer.

5. SightfulRage

SightfulRage PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Sightful_Rage
    I'm fine with them bringing it back, but not any time soon and not as a yearly installment. If they could hold off for a year - year and a half, I'd be good with it. I'd much rather see a next gen Rocksmith with better DLC support but Rock Band is just a little more coop friendly.

6. Stewey

Stewey PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    srewbacca
    I only really ever played the drums on these games because they felt the most realistic to me, but I'd definitely give it another go if they reboot the series.

7. Dan Oravasaari

Dan Oravasaari PSLS Level: Bronze Staff Member

PSN:
    Foolsjoker
    The ONLY way I am joining this bandwagon again, is if I can plug in my real guitar. I am so tired of plastic pieces of garbage just taking up space. - which reminds me, I still need to throw away that damn drum set.

stolenxnametag likes this.
  8. Arthur Sataine

Arthur Sataine PSLS Level: Bronze PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    I would definitely buy Rock Band for PS4. I liked Guitar Hero, but it focused on the guitar only. Even Band Hero was very guitar-centric. Rock Band gave me that psuedo-band experience I was hoping for. And I loved those nights staying up late with friends while jammed away at that hours-long 85 song set. I want more intuitive and durable controllers with the option to plug in actual equipment if so desired. If I want to learn how to play an instrument, I'll go and do that. Otherwise, just give me something that provides the illusion that I am actually rocking out. It's about the experience for me, not the realism.

9. wolfehound22

wolfehound22 PSLS Level: Newbie

I'd be interested I'm Rockband, Guitar Hero ready dropped in quality over it's lifespan.

10. BigPete7978

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    One thing I would like to say is how horrible I was on the drums. It was ridiculous. THen I had friends who could play on expert. *sigh*

11. SightfulRage

SightfulRage PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Sightful_Rage
    I have faith that your next gen rock band drumming career will take off. All you need is a change of scenery to the newer consoles to get you on the right track.

stolenxnametag and BigPete7978 like this.
  12. BigPete7978

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    I have actually broken drum sticks with Rock Band. Probably because I am huge, but the damn things snapped in my hands lol.

13. Arthur Sataine

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    I'd be one of those. ;) Love me some drums.

14. BigPete7978

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    I'm just so horrible at them. Probably haven't practiced enough though honestly. I've never actually owned Rock Band. Typically played the game at friends houses, and I usually drank some form of alcohol (which probably didn't help my skills either) :p

15. Arthur Sataine

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    Eh, back when I toked, we would smoke it up and play. Good stuff, good times. I did own it though and just about mastered those drums. Never could get a perfect song on them though.

16. Jacky

Jacky PSLS Level: Silver

PSN:
    ScoobyPup01
    this should make some of my friends happy, including my brother.

17. darkforcegod

darkforcegod PSLS Level: Bronze PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    darkforcegod
    I would probably try it. I remember that for one Christmas I asked for the big bundle that was available for Rock Band 2. I loved it so much. My family thought I was going crazy because of the high volume music and non stop rocking ahaha.

18. stolenxnametag

stolenxnametag PSLS Level: Kraken PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    arithrottle
    I wrote about this in the opening post here. As for whether or not I would buy it? We'll see...