Prototype For PS4 and Xbox One

BigPete7978

PSLS Level: Silver
Who here would like to see Prototype 3 come to the PS4 and Xbox One? I personally would love to see the game. I really enjoyed Prototype 2 for the PS3, and the thought of having all those powers on the newer consoles would be awesome.

Many people say why not just play inFAMOUS: Second Son. Well here is my reasoning behind this, because the same debate came up when the first entries into both series came out. inFAMOUS is a game you turn to for a great story that has really good controls and some cool powers. Prototype is a game you turn to for over the top action with destruction in mind. The games may be both open world, and showcase a character that has powers of some sort. But they couldn't be any more different IMO.

They are both two entirely different games. Always were.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a third entry for this generation. Might even play it. I played the first Prototype, but never the second.

They are both two entirely different games. Always were.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a third entry for this generation. Might even play it. I played the first Prototype, but never the second.
The second one was decent, it just really bothered me that you weren't playing as Alex Mercer in the game. Instead you were someone completely different.

Prototype was far too meh for me.. way too many issues in both games but If they want to revisit it and actually make it good then sure.

Prototype was far too meh for me.. way too many issues in both games but If they want to revisit it and actually make it good then sure.
What did you not like about it? I think I liked it so much because it was the same people that made Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (best Hulk game ever IMO). The game was very similar in many aspects.

What did you not like about it? I think I liked it so much because it was the same people that made Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (best Hulk game ever IMO). The game was very similar in many aspects.
I think that's one of the reasons I was so put off by it, it just felt like an uninspired Ultimate Destruction clone with a grimdark filter. They even kept a lot of the animations and most of the engine, even the city looked almost exactly like Treyarch's New York (which they probably did borrow since they're both Activision studios).

I remember playing Prototype many years ago ( the first time I played that game was on my cousin's 360 0.0)

The game was good but sometimes it got laggy but it was cool. I never played the second but I have been looking at it for quite a while so maybe will buy it soon and play it. I would love to see a game like that with the power of PS4 and Xbox One. It would be like InFamous SS in terms of graphics maybe but with a darker setting and hopefully a little more in length. :) I would buy it. I wanna see destruction haha.

BTW That Hulk game was the best. I made like 100 Playthroughs of that game in like a year hahaha. I could not take it out of my PlayStation2. Good Memories. I would like to see a game about the Hulk but with lots of destruction and a good story.

The second one was decent, it just really bothered me that you weren't playing as Alex Mercer in the game. Instead you were someone completely different.

Yea, I know the gist of the story. And just how Alex is featured in the second. Unless I have been completely misinformed about that.

Pretty much the same for me. Protoype seemed too bland as well. Probably the major reason I didn't attempt the second game. And by bland I mean the entire atmosphere and feel of the game. It just wasn't alive enough.

To put it nicely, it just sucked. Technical issues were everywhere, the world was dull and uninspiring, the combat was ok but could have been a lot better, and the story was fairly pathetic.. :)

Yea, I know the gist of the story. And just how Alex is featured in the second. Unless I have been completely misinformed about that.

Pretty much the same for me. Protoype seemed too bland as well. Probably the major reason I didn't attempt the second game. And by bland I mean the entire atmosphere and feel of the game. It just wasn't alive enough.
Yes Alex is definitely a major part of the second game, just not playable unfortunately. The bland atmosphere is something I find a big problem in a lot of open world titles. It's really hard to make a game feel "alive". I like how Elder Scrolls titles have their characters doing different tasks on different days. They live out their lives, and some even have things that they keep secret from other NPC's in a game.

inFAMOUS: SS did an ok job. But just having people say random stuff to you based upon your karma level does little to add to the environment.

Give me a game where all buildings can be entered and explored (Bethesda titles). Things are destructible and stay that way (Mercenaries 2). And some of the other things in mentioned previously.

Yes Alex is definitely a major part of the second game, just not playable unfortunately. The bland atmosphere is something I find a big problem in a lot of open world titles. It's really hard to make a game feel "alive". I like how Elder Scrolls titles have their characters doing different tasks on different days. They live out their lives, and some even have things that they keep secret from other NPC's in a game.

inFAMOUS: SS did an ok job. But just having people say random stuff to you based upon your karma level does little to add to the environment.

Give me a game where all buildings can be entered and explored (Bethesda titles). Things are destructible and stay that way (Mercenaries 2). And some of the other things in mentioned previously.
We've seen some of these feats done before, which is why it makes it all the more of a bummer when this new gen isn't doing those awesome things. I'd love to see a Prototype 3, but only if it really advances the genre and gives me things only possible with the new generation of consoles. So far we have yet to really see that.

We've seen some of these feats done before, which is why it makes it all the more of a bummer when this new gen isn't doing those awesome things. I'd love to see a Prototype 3, but only if it really advances the genre and gives me things only possible with the new generation of consoles. So far we have yet to really see that.
I agree. I'm definitely not asking for a game just to get a game on the system. There should be vast improvements with each generation of consoles. But when you look at genres like JRPG's they have in fact regressed. PS1 had huge open worlds and airships in the Final Fantasy series. I have yet to see that since then, which is ridiculous IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"