Don't Understand The Console Favoritism

Do you bash other consoles

• Total voters

BigPete7978

PSLS Level: Silver
Ok. This thread is in response to a discussion that started in the purchase thread. LINK

Why is it that Sony seems to get a pass for everything, yet Microsoft gets bashed for everything. People seem to view Sony as this company that truly isn't after your wallet. News flash. All gaming companies want your money. There is no argument around this. They need money to continue, you have the money, and they want it.

I just don't get the labels that are out on different gaming companies. Sony as of late has been viewed as the good guy. Even though they came out arrogant when the PS3 launched and it hurt them badly. Had they continued with the inclusion of backwards compatibility and at a 5-600 dollar price point, they would've lost the console war to the 360 and Wii. They packed way too much stuff into the PS3 and it almost cost them. They were losing money on each console sold.

Microsoft seemed to make the same mistake Sony did with the PS3 with this generation of gaming with being arrogant that gamers would buy their Xbox One console just on brand loyalty. They were wrong and had to make adjustments to what the fans wanted. Now that the console is still in stock on shelves, some are stating that the Xbox One is failing. Then people bring up the price of Gold and state that things shouldn't be included with Gold (like Netflix, Skype, etc.). An Xbox One without Gold is useless IMO. Same for PS4 without PS Plus.

Nintendo seems to be viewed as the joke as of late with the Wii U. I honestly can't speak on this console because I don't own it. Though some of the titles have me interested. Though they are bashed for lack of achievements/trophies, friend codes (I believe there is a Nintendo ID now), lack of games.

All three of the big console companies have their faults when it comes to their consoles.

Sony:
  • Releases a ton of HD remastered titles
  • Now charges for online
  • Will charge more for a digital rental system
  • Has a camera too (doesn't get bashed because it's not included to raise price)
  • Release too many God of War and Uncharted games
Microsoft:
  • Has accessories for everything (at least with the 360 when it first launched it did)
  • Xbox Live Gold is apparently evil
  • Release too many Halo games and Gears of War titles
  • Xbox One is a hundred dollars more than the PS4, despite the PS4 being more powerful.
Nintendo
  • Friend codes are despised
  • Rely too much on Mario and Zelda
  • No trophies or achievements
  • No hardcore games
At the end of the day gamers seem to choose what game console is best for them. But it's gotten to the point where gamers now attempt to bash one another for owning a specific console. We all play games, stop complaining to one another for choices and sit back and enjoy the console or consoles that you own. If you didn't make the purchase for a reason that's great, but each of these consoles offers things that the other doesn't.

For example the PS4 is flat out more powerful than the Xbox One. It is catered more towards gamers in general (hence why mine is in my gameroom). The Xbox One is more of an all in one device that is meant to take over your living room since it does a little bit of everything (hence why mine is in my living room). The Wii U is more for the casual crowd in some aspects, but apparently the console has a great library on the way that will cater to the hardcore gamers out there.

My point to this rant is this. Choose what console is right for you. Play your games, and have fun. Stop focusing on useless crap about a console you have no interest in. I remember when videogames used to be about just enjoying the games you owned and not "My console is the best, I hate yours because of this this and this". When I bought my PS4 and Xbox One I wasn't thinking "Oh I hope they don't do some of the things that might cost me more money." Gaming companies are always gonna release stuff down the line to get some more money. I was thinking "Hell yes, PS4 in the gameroom and Xbox One in the living room, I am set gaming wise for this generation. Time to play some damn games".

Please keep this thread civilized. I'm looking for a friendly discussion about the consoles on the market right now.

in all honesty I don't quite understand the whole gamers attacking other gamers strictly for having a certain console.
HOWEVER I will state that my preference is by far sony, they have what interests me and are built like a tank compared to other consoles. I've dropped my ps3 three times and spilled water on it, and it still works like new.
I do not like the Microsoft brand because they, in my opinion, are rip offs. they are horribly built and easily break. my brother has been through 5 because they (the 360) keep red ringing on him, why he keeps buying them is beyond me. they also overcharge on more then half their stuff, not saying sony hasn't done so, but Microsoft does it so insanely often that it's not even funny. the Kinect was a joke, it was nothing more then a remake of the ps2 eye toy.
the wii I simply don't like anything it has to offer, other then that it is a decent machine and good for family gaming.
all of this is my OPINION though.

in all honesty I don't quite understand the whole gamers attacking other gamers strictly for having a certain console.
HOWEVER I will state that my preference is by far sony, they have what interests me and are built like a tank compared to other consoles. I've dropped my ps3 three times and spilled water on it, and it still works like new.
I do not like the Microsoft brand because they, in my opinion, are rip offs. they are horribly built and easily break. my brother has been through 5 because they (the 360) keep red ringing on him, why he keeps buying them is beyond me. they also overcharge on more then half their stuff, not saying sony hasn't done so, but Microsoft does it so insanely often that it's not even funny. the Kinect was a joke, it was nothing more then a remake of the ps2 eye toy.
the wii I simply don't like anything it has to offer, other then that it is a decent machine and good for family gaming.
all of this is my OPINION though.
And I can completely respect that. I had one RROD with my original 360. Have had any issues with the new model *knocks on wood*. My 60GB PS3 still works and has yet to YLOD *knocks on wood*.

As for the Kinect I only liked it on 360 for the Nike Kinect training game. It was awesome for working out. Other than that I rarely used it unless hanging out with friends while drinking (fun times). The new Kinect with the Xbox One and the Sony camera are both really awesome. I've been impressed with the quality of both. Both companies really out the time and the effort into making them great for their respective consoles.

I dont hate others because they play X1 or any Microsoft console. I do love Sony and that is because the PSN is cheaper, I like PS exclusives more and now PS4 is more powerful but is mostly because I like the exclusives more. I like Gears of War though but I just dont have the money for both consoles so I grabbed one. I dont really bash others but if they start to say things that are not true then I do it but not like everyday. I have to be rational in my life and bashing is not very rational.

Well think about it this way Joseph. Sony came out with the PS4 and really catered to gamers and said all the right things about how gamers were important. Microsoft came out with the Xbone and basically stuck up their middle fingers to gamers everywhere. So right there, it is easy to see how recently people are viewing Sony as a nice company and Microsoft as a bunch of money hungry jerks.

Also, I do think Microsoft as a company has always been a bit more aggressive in blatantly screwing you out of your money. I mean, the 360 had like 38 different peripherals to buy, from overpriced HDDs to a damn wifi connection. Yes Sony is after your money and they do some things that are clearly done to take your money, but I don't think they have been as blatant about it.

@BigPete7978 you arguement about Sony having a Camera as well holds no water because Sony does NOT force you to buy the camera with the console. Microsoft however does and that is why they get bashed over it and Sony doesn't. Also, I wouldn't say they release too many Uncharted games when there have been 3 on the PS3.

Now I am a dick and everyone knows it. I don't like the Xbone and the Wii U was invented by Stevie Wonder, but I want those consoles on the market to drive Sony to produce the best possible games there are.

All three of the big console companies have their faults when it comes to their consoles.

Sony:
  • Now charges for online
  • Has a camera too (doesn't get bashed because it's not included to raise price)
Microsoft:
  • Has accessories for everything (at least with the 360 when it first launched it did)
  • Xbox One is a hundred dollars more than the PS4, despite the PS4 being more powerful.
Nintendo
  • No hardcore games
Ok, have an issue with the bullet points. The "too many games" thing is just too relative to be a solid point. And considering what we get for Plus, that isn't exactly a negative either.

Trophies and achievements are arbitrary. They aren't necessary to enjoy any game, at all. So that point is also irrelevant. And as for the "No hardcore games" for Nintendo:

Legend of Zelda
Call of Duty
Assassin's Creed
Bayonetta 2
Need for Speed
Monster Hunter
Smash Bros.
Mario Kart
X
Arkham series
Deus Ex
Injustice
Resident Evil
The Amazing Spider-Man
Zombi U

And no, just because a game features Nintendo characters fails to disqualify it as "hardcore."

People just have established bias without actually researching anything. And this is never more true than with Nintendo.

Personally, I don't attack a console. I attack the company behind it. The biggest issues I have with the Xbox One are the actions and attitudes of Microsoft. I don't forgive someone just because they change their mind after seeing people don't like it. You attempted to screw me hard, and I won't stand for it. And, really, the One just doesn't offer me much in the way of interests aside from Dead Rising 3. And that isn't enough to spend nearly $600 on.

Until this generation, I owned all consoles from all the companies. Microsoft showed me this time around that they truly don't care about gamers. All they care about is the money in our wallets. At least Sony and Nintendo pretend to care about us and seemingly listen. Microsoft just slapped us in the face, told us to get over it, and then psuedo apologized afterwards. Bitter taste if ever there were one.

I generally play what is fun. Regardless of genre or "intended" audience. And that is what games are ultimately made to do. Unless there is something unscrupulous about, I will get all consoles so I can have the broadest possible range of games to play. I merely prefer Sony.

Well as far as PS and Xbox go, I think PS has a much better online community, about 90% of that reason being not everyone has a mic so I can't get as annoyed by people. The biggest offender of the community thing is for fighting games, I can't play a round online on any fighting game on the xbox without someone sending back a message, either rec or not (UR A CHEETIN NOOB).

My beef with Nintendo is that they haven't released another metroid since other M, and Other M's story was horrid.

I, myself, am an equal opportunity gamer. I just like video games. I've been hooked on them ever since I got my shiny new Atari 2600 for Christmas. I don't really care about the devices I play them on or the companies that make those devices. I used to buy every console, but nowadays I cant afford to. I don't understand the way people ally themselves with these huge corporations like they are their bestest buddies. These "my dad can beat up your dad" arguments are very confusing to me. I guess my brain just doesn't bend that way.

Sony:
  • Now charges for online
Microsoft:
Nintendo
No hardcore games

First off your claim that Sony has too many HD Remastered titles is a disadvantage over the others is just flat out wrong.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n...ection&ie=UTF8&qid=1394160544&rnid=2941120011

Microsoft has them too it's just that Microsoft's first Xbox had a horrible line up with so few exclusives anyone really cared about. They had some Dead or Alive Games, the Ninja Gaiden games all came to PS3/Vita, they had Halo, and they had Odd World's Stranger's Wrath, and a port of Shenmue 2. That's about all I can think of. Morrowind as well but moot point. They are remastering the Halo games anyway aren't they?

So the HD remaster argument is just fallacious. Microsoft would do it if they DEVELOPED GAMES people wanted. Since they don't, they can't.

Sony now charges for online, but everyone argued they should. So you can't hold it against them now. They only charge for online on games that you buy in a store, free to play titles are exempt, the PS3 and Vita don't require online subscriptions to play, AND it's half the price of Xbox Live Gold. If you don't pay for online you don't lose access to online content like you do on the 360 and Xbox One. Not only that but for $10 less than the Xbox One you get a free game on the PS4, and a couple free games on the Vita and PS3 and they are often titles worth buying, and sometimes are brand new releases that you now don't have to pay for and so many of the games are quite good. Sleeping Dogs for Free? Tomb Raider for free? Why can't Microsoft do it when they are charging $10 more than Sony and giving you far less value?

So yes until Xbox Live Gold is a value proposition, it's evil.

You really can't use an optional digital rental system that's not out, and is designed to be used on t.v.s and laptops, as a negative against the PS3/4/V sony line. That's like complaining that Microsoft charges for a Zune Music or Xbox Music subscription. It's grasping at straws buddy.

The Kinect gets bashed because it's so expensive. It gets bashed because a lot of the games cheat and you aren't really even playing them. The Kinect gets bashed because it doesn't do anything that was promised, it can't be used for hardly any games except Kinect only games, and the few games that support it that are hardcore games will have the same features on the PS4.

To me my favorite part about the camera is the trolls who name themselves "XboxSignOut" or what ever and hilarity ensues.

Now the reason why I never bought an Xbox is because sometimes I need Wifi. Sometimes I move a console to another room, or adjust things, and I don't always want to run to a store to buy a 25 foot cable if I'm not playing online and sometimes online on wifi works beautifully. Cost you $100 dollars on the 360.

Then you have the HDD drive. So if you want to buy or install a lot of games movies and music to the hard drive you're going to be paying a shit load up until recently.

http://www.target.com/p/xbox-360-320gb-hard-drive-xbox-360/-/A-13817624#prodSlot=medium_1_0&term=360 hard drive

Terabyte drives for the PS3 cost about as much as 320GB from an official brick and mortar retailer (which is where most people end up shopping for games and stuff because most of the people buying the stuff are parents who want to pick it up while they do the rest of their errands)

Yes Sony has some downsides but when I bought Guacamelee I could play it on my Vita. When I bought Thomas was alone I could play it on my Vita. I have 1GB of save file storage and when my power went out when I was having the console download and install games automatically, the only saves I had remaining were the ones I had backed up automatically or not.

When I bought Portal 2 I got a free steam code incase I wanted to use mods and stuff. I've played cross platform with my friends on Steam using the PS3 Move and a headset. The hard drive you're over paying for is not servicable, even though it's a fairly generic drive that they do crap to, to make you have to hack the damn code onto the drive so that the hard drive is readable on the Xbox 360. Sony allowed people to install Linux until people started hacking and threatening to pirate games on the PS3. Sony allowed homebrewed games until people started hacking the PSP. Sony allows people to use their Vita as a dev kit and it's free to develop for playstation mobile, and they only charge like $100 dolalrs to publish your game on PS Mobile.

If a game on the PS4 is free to play you don't even have to pay for online. Final Fantasy XIV doesnt' require Plus or the $30 online fee.

Sony actually seems like they fucking care.

What does Microsoft do to show that they give a damn about you. How exactly does Microsoft have announcements that don't make you go "Oh fuck how much is this going to cost" Microsoft had 3 months warranty when I bought my first PS3. They had such huge failure rates. It wasn't till like half a year leater that they made the 360 a 3 year warranty because most people's consoles were breaking and it's not unusual for people to go through 5 consoles.

I have a FAT PS3 that still works even through 5 or 6 seasons of Sons of Anarchy in a week and a half. My wife marathoned that show. I got it 6 months after release, and I ran the Stanford Folding@Home stuff for a couple weeks and that stuff makes your system run at full power!!!

That's why I hate Microsoft's consoles. Because I don't trust their stuff, it's too expensive, they don't innovate properly, and they don't act like they give a shit and they don't develop games that I care about.

They had so many missed opportunities. That's why they're suffering, that's why I'm angry, that's why I don't like them. I wanted to get an Xbox 360 for Tales of Vesperia, and Final Fantasy 11 and I contemplated on getting them, and considered buying 360s off my friends. Now that I'm not really playing FFXI anymore that desire is pretty much gone.

My anger at the console is derived from the company screwing the consumer every chance they've ever gotten. Not only that but they dropped the original Xbox like a rock, and then they rushed out the 360, and that caused Sony to have to release the PS3 when it wasn't ready. So I kinda feel vindicated in blaming Microsoft for a lot of Sony's misteps too. What were they supposed to do? Release the console 2-3 years after the 360? If the 360 was ready it wouldn't have had such huge failure rates.

So yeah I feel justified in my Microsoft hate.

I'm even considering getting off Windows, and going back to Linux now that I'm off of FFXI.

Wow that ended up being way longer than I planned. Good to get that stuff off my chest though.

I don't mean any of this as an attack on Xbox players. You like your console, fine, that's great. All of my coworkers are starting to get PS3s and they are going "Woah look at all these games I missed" and "Oh I can't wait till this comes out on Plus!"

I don't want to see people spend $500 dollars on a console where they BUY exclusivity rights for 6 months to a year in order to get people I could otherwise play with on the PS4 to buy an Xbox One because they didn't know any better and because Microsoft throws billions at marketing rather than actually making great games or doing good things for the consumer.

Sony doesn't have to push Cross-Buy. Cross-buy is as pro-consumer as it gets. Buy it once play it on what ever you have. Done.

Why didn't Microsoft make it to where teh games you buy Digitally on the Xbox One give you a Windows 8 copy?

because they are assholes.

I heard the xbox sign sign out joke on the radio, just hearing it on the radio was funny

I wonder if that signed anyone out XD

only the idiots that didn't catch on probably got signed out, I wouldn't be surprised if it worked on a particular person more then once. voice command, don't you just love it? it would be funnier if the xbox just signed them out, didn't even ask if they were sure, just POOF off you go!

what would REALLY be creepy, is if it talked back to you when you tell it to stop listening or give it any other voice command.

person: xbox sign out

xbox: YOU DARE ORDER ME?!

Last edited:
First off your claim that Sony has too many HD Remastered titles is a disadvantage over the others is just flat out wrong.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_2?rh=n:4924903011,k:HD collection&keywords=HD collection&ie=UTF8&qid=1394160544&rnid=2941120011

Microsoft has them too it's just that Microsoft's first Xbox had a horrible line up with so few exclusives anyone really cared about. They had some Dead or Alive Games, the Ninja Gaiden games all came to PS3/Vita, they had Halo, and they had Odd World's Stranger's Wrath, and a port of Shenmue 2. That's about all I can think of. Morrowind as well but moot point. They are remastering the Halo games anyway aren't they?

So the HD remaster argument is just fallacious. Microsoft would do it if they DEVELOPED GAMES people wanted. Since they don't, they can't.

Sony now charges for online, but everyone argued they should. So you can't hold it against them now. They only charge for online on games that you buy in a store, free to play titles are exempt, the PS3 and Vita don't require online subscriptions to play, AND it's half the price of Xbox Live Gold. If you don't pay for online you don't lose access to online content like you do on the 360 and Xbox One. Not only that but for $10 less than the Xbox One you get a free game on the PS4, and a couple free games on the Vita and PS3 and they are often titles worth buying, and sometimes are brand new releases that you now don't have to pay for and so many of the games are quite good. Sleeping Dogs for Free? Tomb Raider for free? Why can't Microsoft do it when they are charging $10 more than Sony and giving you far less value?

So yes until Xbox Live Gold is a value proposition, it's evil.

You really can't use an optional digital rental system that's not out, and is designed to be used on t.v.s and laptops, as a negative against the PS3/4/V sony line. That's like complaining that Microsoft charges for a Zune Music or Xbox Music subscription. It's grasping at straws buddy.

The Kinect gets bashed because it's so expensive. It gets bashed because a lot of the games cheat and you aren't really even playing them. The Kinect gets bashed because it doesn't do anything that was promised, it can't be used for hardly any games except Kinect only games, and the few games that support it that are hardcore games will have the same features on the PS4.

To me my favorite part about the camera is the trolls who name themselves "XboxSignOut" or what ever and hilarity ensues.

Now the reason why I never bought an Xbox is because sometimes I need Wifi. Sometimes I move a console to another room, or adjust things, and I don't always want to run to a store to buy a 25 foot cable if I'm not playing online and sometimes online on wifi works beautifully. Cost you $100 dollars on the 360.

Then you have the HDD drive. So if you want to buy or install a lot of games movies and music to the hard drive you're going to be paying a shit load up until recently.

http://www.target.com/p/xbox-360-320gb-hard-drive-xbox-360/-/A-13817624#prodSlot=medium_1_0&term=360 hard drive

Terabyte drives for the PS3 cost about as much as 320GB from an official brick and mortar retailer (which is where most people end up shopping for games and stuff because most of the people buying the stuff are parents who want to pick it up while they do the rest of their errands)

Yes Sony has some downsides but when I bought Guacamelee I could play it on my Vita. When I bought Thomas was alone I could play it on my Vita. I have 1GB of save file storage and when my power went out when I was having the console download and install games automatically, the only saves I had remaining were the ones I had backed up automatically or not.

When I bought Portal 2 I got a free steam code incase I wanted to use mods and stuff. I've played cross platform with my friends on Steam using the PS3 Move and a headset. The hard drive you're over paying for is not servicable, even though it's a fairly generic drive that they do crap to, to make you have to hack the damn code onto the drive so that the hard drive is readable on the Xbox 360. Sony allowed people to install Linux until people started hacking and threatening to pirate games on the PS3. Sony allowed homebrewed games until people started hacking the PSP. Sony allows people to use their Vita as a dev kit and it's free to develop for playstation mobile, and they only charge like $100 dolalrs to publish your game on PS Mobile.

If a game on the PS4 is free to play you don't even have to pay for online. Final Fantasy XIV doesnt' require Plus or the $30 online fee.

Sony actually seems like they fucking care.

What does Microsoft do to show that they give a damn about you. How exactly does Microsoft have announcements that don't make you go "Oh fuck how much is this going to cost" Microsoft had 3 months warranty when I bought my first PS3. They had such huge failure rates. It wasn't till like half a year leater that they made the 360 a 3 year warranty because most people's consoles were breaking and it's not unusual for people to go through 5 consoles.

I have a FAT PS3 that still works even through 5 or 6 seasons of Sons of Anarchy in a week and a half. My wife marathoned that show. I got it 6 months after release, and I ran the Stanford Folding@Home stuff for a couple weeks and that stuff makes your system run at full power!!!

That's why I hate Microsoft's consoles. Because I don't trust their stuff, it's too expensive, they don't innovate properly, and they don't act like they give a shit and they don't develop games that I care about.

They had so many missed opportunities. That's why they're suffering, that's why I'm angry, that's why I don't like them. I wanted to get an Xbox 360 for Tales of Vesperia, and Final Fantasy 11 and I contemplated on getting them, and considered buying 360s off my friends. Now that I'm not really playing FFXI anymore that desire is pretty much gone.

My anger at the console is derived from the company screwing the consumer every chance they've ever gotten. Not only that but they dropped the original Xbox like a rock, and then they rushed out the 360, and that caused Sony to have to release the PS3 when it wasn't ready. So I kinda feel vindicated in blaming Microsoft for a lot of Sony's misteps too. What were they supposed to do? Release the console 2-3 years after the 360? If the 360 was ready it wouldn't have had such huge failure rates.

So yeah I feel justified in my Microsoft hate.

I'm even considering getting off Windows, and going back to Linux now that I'm off of FFXI.

What I got from reading most of the wall of text (seriously think it's the longest wall of text you have had Makai lol) is you don't care for Microsoft. You also say you haven't bought a 360 is because you need wifi (the consoles have been included with wifi for about 4 years now), you don't trust them, you blame them for Sony's screw ups (really? That's like saying if something happens from an action you took it's someone else's fault), and you like digital copies of stuff purchased to be used elsewhere (Apple has been doing this forever with digital copies, it's nothing new, and doesn't cost developers that much to do, Xbox doesn't have a handheld how would this be accomplished?)

I will defend the original Kinect to a certain degree (because some games do suck BADLY) for reason and one reason alone, the Nike Kinect Training game, and that's it. This game alone made the Kinect worth it it me. It replaced my gym membership and I was in better shape than before. I have been an athlete my whole life, and train daily, this game with the Kinect kicked my ass with the workouts it had. Now if you are talking about the new Kinect you are foolish, it is leaps and bounds better than its predecessor.

But what bothers me the most is that you've never owned a 360 and never will. I don't care that you have friends who did, you have zero personal experience with them. And I know the same is with the Xbox One, zero experience using the console in your home. Spend time with a product and get to know it before you bash it and make judgements. The only achievements you have on your gamer score are from Windows titles.

I just don't get the point of siding with a company over a product. And then bashing everything else you have either seen based on YouTube vids or on Reddit. At least with @Lifewish and his hate for the Wii U (though I don't agree with it) his is because he actually invested in one and owned it. I've had this same argument with fans on the Xbox One side about the PS4. Just play games and enjoy your system.

And I can completely respect that. I had one RROD with my original 360. Have had any issues with the new model *knocks on wood*. My 60GB PS3 still works and has yet to YLOD *knocks on wood*.

As for the Kinect I only liked it on 360 for the Nike Kinect training game. It was awesome for working out. Other than that I rarely used it unless hanging out with friends while drinking (fun times). The new Kinect with the Xbox One and the Sony camera are both really awesome. I've been impressed with the quality of both. Both companies really out the time and the effort into making them great for their respective consoles.

my brother got an xbox one today and I must say, the only thing it's good for (so far) is to piss people off. I had so much fun getting him to say "xbox sign out" I'm pretty sure he hates me now because of how many times I tricked him into saying it. I just hope his newborn doesn't use anything he said as a choice for her first word.

my brother got an xbox one today and I must say, the only thing it's good for (so far) is to piss people off. I had so much fun getting him to say "xbox sign out" I'm pretty sure he hates me now because of how many times I tricked him into saying it. I just hope his newborn doesn't use anything he said as a choice for her first word.
Do people not realize that there are voice commands in the PS4 too? Granted they aren't as extensive as the Xbone ones (because it has all the TV options), but can't you mess with people on PS4 as well? I'm asking because I haven't really used the PS4 commands other than to sign out.

Do people not realize that there are voice commands in the PS4 too? Granted they aren't as extensive as the Xbone ones (because it has all the TV options), but can't you mess with people on PS4 as well? I'm asking because I haven't really used the PS4 commands other than to sign out.

oh I know it has voice command, to what extent I do not know. I just like messing with my brother lol
we may be adults now, but he and I still act like little kids when it comes to tormenting each other.
^_^

What I got from reading most of the wall of text (seriously think it's the longest wall of text you have had Makai lol) is you don't care for Microsoft. You also say you haven't bought a 360 is because you need wifi (the consoles have been included with wifi for about 4 years now), you don't trust them, you blame them for Sony's screw ups (really? That's like saying if something happens from an action you took it's someone else's fault), and you like digital copies of stuff purchased to be used elsewhere (Apple has been doing this forever with digital copies, it's nothing new, and doesn't cost developers that much to do, Xbox doesn't have a handheld how would this be accomplished?)

I will defend the original Kinect to a certain degree (because some games do suck BADLY) for reason and one reason alone, the Nike Kinect Training game, and that's it. This game alone made the Kinect worth it it me. It replaced my gym membership and I was in better shape than before. I have been an athlete my whole life, and train daily, this game with the Kinect kicked my ass with the workouts it had. Now if you are talking about the new Kinect you are foolish, it is leaps and bounds better than its predecessor.

But what bothers me the most is that you've never owned a 360 and never will. I don't care that you have friends who did, you have zero personal experience with them. And I know the same is with the Xbox One, zero experience using the console in your home. Spend time with a product and get to know it before you bash it and make judgements. The only achievements you have on your gamer score are from Windows titles.

I just don't get the point of siding with a company over a product. And then bashing everything else you have either seen based on YouTube vids or on Reddit. At least with @Lifewish and his hate for the Wii U (though I don't agree with it) his is because he actually invested in one and owned it. I've had this same argument with fans on the Xbox One side about the PS4. Just play games and enjoy your system.

I've played Gears of War, that's part of my gamer score. My friend had me play his copy of Elder Scrolls, I played Halo 3 a couple times at my friends house, I've played Street Fighter IV a couple times on the 360 everyone agrees the D-Pad is bad, my wife doesn't like the controller, I don't like the controller, I don't own a 360 is because it doesn't have enough exclusives to justify the money I don't really have. I can buy 12-14 games with the same amount of money it costs to get a 360 and then to play online with friends would be Dark Souls. So the games I'd be playing on it are Tales of Vesperia, resubbing to Final Fantasy XI and playing it on there, and... what else?

I lived with a guy for 6 months who had a 360. We played Warhawk, Uncharted, he didn't have a PS3 but he got Metal Gear Solid 4 to play on my PS3 and he played the online on that, we played Burnout Paradise, both of them had their own accounts on my PS3, and then later he sold his 360 to get a PS3 and he only had a handful of games. Most of which was dyansty warriors, which renders more enemies on screen than on PS3 than on the 360.

Every time I asked people "Why should I buy a 360" it was

Castle Crashers. On PS3.
Fez. The fixed version is coming to PS3/Vita/PS4
Mass Effect which I got on PC, and is now on PS3
Tales of Vesperia which would have come to the PS3 IN AMERICA if microsoft hadn't thrown money at them to get Japanese people to buy a 360 even though that failed miserably.
Star Ocean which came to the PS3
N+ now N++ is coming to the PS4
Gears of War (neither I nor my room mate liked, and I got further on another account which was the wrong acccount than I did on my account because I used the wrong sign in address once on a 360)

What am I spending the $300 dollars for? I considered getting one on Black Friday but had I done that I would have over drafted because my hours got cut in half in January and I got sick and ended up not even working an entire week.

Another time I was going to buy a 360 my computer died and my laptop was going out, so I bought a new computer. Then I was going to buy one and I decided to get a new video card. 2012 I got 600 achievements. 2013 I got 300 achievements. (in total including trophies it's the phrase that Raptr uses for all in game awards pop ups)

Do you know why? It's because I was playing a lot of PC gaming last year. I know i have so few 360 achievements. It's because the few times I play on a 360 I'm too lazy to bother signing into my account on someone elses 360, just in case I might get a ding and my gamerscore will go up by 10 percent or 30 percent. Big whoop. It's not worth it. I played Call of Duty Zombies like 3 months ago with my wife's little sister who has a 360. We played Resident Evil 5 for a couple hours. They don't have internet so how am I supposed to boost my score?

@Chandler Wood has been asking for feedback on weird PS Camera commands. Hopefully we'll see a feature on that this weekend or next. :-D

My video game company preference isn't based on hatred really. Here's my story:

I play Sony consoles because I didn't like the original Xbox when it came out. My brother got one for Christmas, and it had a solid Tetris game and Halo. I preferred my PS2 and Gamecube stockpiles over that. The RPGs didn't seem right, the controller was too big, the console was heavy as hell (and took up too much real estate near the TV; I lived in a small house then), and the big perk they had was allowing me to listen to blink-182 while playing Tetris Worlds.

When the Xbox 360 came out, one of my friends got it immediately. I played a few games with him, but they just didn't seem right for whatever reason. The controllers were a bit slimmer than the OG Xbox controllers, but they felt wrong. The games didn't appeal to me still. Halo was still good, and Gears of War was badass. However, I'm not a huge fps gamer.

Then the PS3 showed up at my best friend's house. I could play my PS2 games on it, the controllers felt familiar and innovative (don't tell me you didn't like Flow the first time you played it; that Sixaxis shit was top notch!), and the 5 or 6 games were more appealing to me. I created a PSN account on his PS3, and started playing my shit at his house. I would give him PSN cards to buy stuff like Mortal Kombat and PixelJunk Monsters, and we would both throw in half for new releases like Dynasty Warriors 6 and LittleBigPlanet. Also when Katamari Forever came out, we discovered that it was all of the stuff from Beautiful Katamari (Xbox 360 exclusive), but with local multiplayer instead of online multiplayer and a few added features. To top it off, the PS3 had games like Katamari Forever and Dynasty Warriors in 1080p. 1080p/1080i/720p weren't a big deal to me until I figured out that none of my friends with Xbox 360s could hook HDMI cables to them (MS fixed that eventually in later hardware revisions, but my friends weren't going out to buy a new 360 until theirs died on them).

Because of living arrangements, I didn't actually buy my PS3 until about 5 years ago. However, when I moved 14 hours away from my friends and PS Plus started happening, my best friend could upload my old save files on PS3 and I could download them from PS Plus. That was really convenient!

A bit after I had a PS3, my girlfriend (who I married later) wanted a Wii, so I bought her one for Christmas. We played it for a while, but the motion controls got old and Muramasa was the only fun game for while. By the time I became interested in Twilight Princess, LittleBigPlanet 2 came out and I somehow forgot that there was a Legend of Zelda series. Sony's direct marketing via the PSN store kept me engaged, especially with free and cheap stuff with PS+. To top it off, the Wii couldn't play blu ray movies, which we had started to accumulate after buying a PS3. The Wii just stopped making sense for us to play. Maybe we outgrew Nintendo, or maybe the DS had better games than the Wii. I'm not sure which is more accurate.

When the Vita came out, I was on board. I was hoping for universal PS3 remote play, but that didn't pan out for anything except PixelJunk games for me. Meh. What did work out, however, was mostly everything else. I love my Vita. My wife loves Pokemon on her 3DS (she wanted a bigger screen than her DS lite had, so I bought her a 3DS in anticipation of future Pokemon titles), but it doesn't really get any play out of either of us aside from new Pokemon releases. Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, and the growing selection of cross-buy titles have successfully entrenched me into the PS ecosystem for handhelds. The only games that I play on my smartphone anymore are PS Mobile games, because I can share them with my Vita.

I'm not going to throw too much out about PS4 and Xbox One. My PS4 serves its purpose well, and the additional features included with Xbox One do not appeal to me. The Xbox One doesn't sync with my already paid PS Plus service, it doesn't let me share stuff with my Vita, and it doesn't natively support the ability to replace its 500gb hdd with a SSHD of a larger size. With that said, I don't think the Xbox One is a terrible console. It's disheartening to see games reportedly playing at 720p when the last-gen PS3 could play them at 1080p, but that isn't a dealbreaker for me. You can bet that when the new Gears or Halo game comes out, I'll be trying to find someone who bought an Xbox One so I can at least experience those games in some capacity.
The Xbox ecosystem just hasn't wow'd me yet; when I was watching the E3 presentations last year, the Xbox announcements were among the most underwhelming that I had ever seen for a next-gen console, but I'm still giving MS the benefit of the doubt - I can't say that I don't like it until I try one. Much like Nintendo's Wii U, I haven't seen enough content that appeals to me that will make me want to spend the required amount of money to purchase them. I'm not sure what would make me step out of my comfort zone far enough to buy either console, but that's not my job to figure out - that's up to MS and Nintendo.

As for PC games - no. I use my PC for university work and cat videos. The last two PC games that really enthralled me were Quake 3 and World of Warcraft. Those days are over.

tl;dr I like the PS ecosystem; no hate, but MS and Nintendo haven't moved me in years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"