Which game do you want HDified the most?

MakaiOokami

PSLS Level: Bronze
Try and think a bit out of the box. A game you can't get anywhere digitally easily for example.

Mine is Grandia 2. Trying to find a downloadable for it, can't find it anywhere. Have it on PS2, but at some areas it's a buggy mess. It is a really good JRPG but the graphics would benefit from a new engine. Especially the FMVs. There aren't many but they are terrible when they are up. The game just has so much charm. How many games do you get to go to a starving village with a mayor that never stops eating because he's possessed by the tongue of the devil!

Loved the game. It also had a customizable magic system where you got to choose what spells everyone had. Grandia 1 is another option. Supposed to be a better game than 2, but it's also known for having some of the worst voice acting segments in history. Either of those 2 games would be my number 1.

Try and think a bit out of the box. A game you can't get anywhere digitally easily for example.

Mine is Grandia 2. Trying to find a downloadable for it, can't find it anywhere. Have it on PS2, but at some areas it's a buggy mess. It is a really good JRPG but the graphics would benefit from a new engine. Especially the FMVs. There aren't many but they are terrible when they are up. The game just has so much charm. How many games do you get to go to a starving village with a mayor that never stops eating because he's possessed by the tongue of the devil!

Loved the game. It also had a customizable magic system where you got to choose what spells everyone had. Grandia 1 is another option. Supposed to be a better game than 2, but it's also known for having some of the worst voice acting segments in history. Either of those 2 games would be my number 1.
Mine would probably Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy VIII. Both games would benefit a lot for a visual upgrade. I'm not one of those asking for a complete overhaul of FFVII (don't get me wrong it would be awesome). I am completely happy with the game redone in HD, and the addition of trophies. Because honestly neither game has aged that well.

My favorite game of all time, Skies of Arcadia. By todays standards the game looks like shit, but damn was it fun. It's one of the few games that I've played through multiple times of my own volition. I played through it at least 3 times on Dreamcast and at least twice more on Gamecube.

Screw it, I don't even need an HD version. I don't care about the shitty graphics I just want to play the amazing game again. Now I'm really jonesing for it... *goes hunting to dig up his DC/GC and a copy of the game*

My favorite game of all time, Skies of Arcadia. By todays standards the game looks like shit, but damn was it fun. It's one of the few games that I've played through multiple times of my own volition. I played through it at least 3 times on Dreamcast and at least twice more on Gamecube.

Screw it, I don't even need an HD version. I don't care about the shitty graphics I just want to play the amazing game again. Now I'm really jonesing for it... *goes hunting to dig up his DC/GC and a copy of the game*

You'd love Grandia series as well probably. I loved Skies of Arcadia. The reason why I didn't mention that game is because there is a gamecube version of it, and I've kinda had my fill of the series possibly. Maybe not that game is good.

But the PS2 version is shit for Grandia 2. There's 1 segment where there is a lot of walking, and I literally had nothing but slow down. A 20 minute segment probably took me 1 and a half hours. It's just a snowy forest. So that's why I want an HDified version, because the game doesn't play well at those segments. There was even some sections where the audio cuts out and there's some distortion. Very bad port. Didnt' stop me from beating it 2 more times, but... I was in agony during those segments.

You'd love Grandia series as well probably. I loved Skies of Arcadia. The reason why I didn't mention that game is because there is a gamecube version of it, and I've kinda had my fill of the series possibly. Maybe not that game is good.

But the PS2 version is shit for Grandia 2. There's 1 segment where there is a lot of walking, and I literally had nothing but slow down. A 20 minute segment probably took me 1 and a half hours. It's just a snowy forest. So that's why I want an HDified version, because the game doesn't play well at those segments. There was even some sections where the audio cuts out and there's some distortion. Very bad port. Didnt' stop me from beating it 2 more times, but... I was in agony during those segments.
Meh, the Gamecube version wasn't much better than the Dreamcast version (maybe worse?). IIRC all they did was port it and included the couple DLC that came out. [I fondly remember hooking my Dreamcast up to the phone line to download those couple optional bosses, for FREE! Imagine that! FREE DLC back in 2000.]

I played Grandia... II, I think? Maybe it was the original Grandia? Nope, it was Grandia II on Dreamcast. I liked it, but the systems just didn't click with me all that well. I was much younger at that time too, maybe 12? So things that are ultra basic to me now just seemed harder to comprehend. I would probably give it another shot though if it were re-released.

Meh, the Gamecube version wasn't much better than the Dreamcast version (maybe worse?). IIRC all they did was port it and included the couple DLC that came out. [I fondly remember hooking my Dreamcast up to the phone line to download those couple optional bosses, for FREE! Imagine that! FREE DLC back in 2000.]

I played Grandia... II, I think? Maybe it was the original Grandia? Nope, it was Grandia II on Dreamcast. I liked it, but the systems just didn't click with me all that well. I was much younger at that time too, maybe 12? So things that are ultra basic to me now just seemed harder to comprehend. I would probably give it another shot though if it were re-released.

It was complex. You had to upgrade these eggs, and then you equipped the eggs, so your magic and some of your capabilities were within the eggs. Then you also had to upgrade and power up your actual attacks as well. Basically the game was fairly customizable. I was about 13 when I played it but I loved that sort of stuff.

I mostly want Final Fantasy IX and XII, Wild Arms Collection (i know 1 was remade for PS2 but i would rather it stay true to the original style), ParaSite Eve 1/2, Brave Fencer Musashi, and Alundra.

Well I could go the usual route and just say Suikoden 1, 2, and 3.. oh and how about V.. haha BRING THEM ALL TO ME!!

Outside of the box.. Grandia 2 is a good choice but I will go with Wild Arms 3, which I found to be a very fun game with a good story.

Well I could go the usual route and just say Suikoden 1, 2, and 3.. oh and how about V.. haha BRING THEM ALL TO ME!!

Outside of the box.. Grandia 2 is a good choice but I will go with Wild Arms 3, which I found to be a very fun game with a good story.
Is there not a Suikoden 4?

well if you want to get technical, yea there was. There was also Suikoden Tactics. However, I don't feel the need to get into the faults of these two games.. Yes, faults with an S!!!
So 1, 2, and 3 were great games though? Then 4 just sucked? Then 5 was awesome? Is it not a storyline that carries over with the same game mechanics? Or is it more a Final Fantasy type game where each is it's own.

So 1, 2, and 3 were great games though? Then 4 just sucked? Then 5 was awesome? Is it not a storyline that carries over with the same game mechanics? Or is it more a Final Fantasy type game where each is it's own.

The storylines have some characters that overlap but for the most part, they are each their own separate games. IV also went from a 6 man party to a 4 man party and dropped from 108 Stars of Destiny to around 90. For the most part though, the game mechanics are the same throughout the series.

I want the entire Legacy of Kain and Monster Rancher (disc based) series remastered and re-released. Those are two of my top favorite series. And Final Fantasy VI & Tactics. Those are must haves.

I know! Oh I still play them today. I just loved that literally every disc I owned held a monster in them. I've been petitioning Tecmo Koei for years to get a new one out. PS4 is the perfect opportunity to make the ultimate Monster Rancher title.

I know! Oh I still play them today. I just loved that literally every disc I owned held a monster in them. I've been petitioning Tecmo Koei for years to get a new one out. PS4 is the perfect opportunity to make the ultimate Monster Rancher title.
Completely agree with you there.

Bloodrayne 1&2, the early resident evil games, preferably with the kinks worked out, a fatal frame hd collection would be nice, and an hd collection for siren

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"