Captain America: The Winter Soldier

GATORJV

PSLS Level: Newbie
Is anyone else pumped for this movie?! Cap is my favorite Marvel Hero and I thought the first movie was pretty good. There is talk that this might be the best Marvel movie other than Avengers. Those who have seen extended clips of it, like the people on the IGN Podcast Keeping it Reel I listen to, have said it is amazing.

Anyone else excited?

I enjoyed the first movie, definitely not my favorite though. But since seeing the trailer, which looked completely badass btw, I have to say I am looking to this one a lot more than the first one.

I hate cap, he's a chump. Just wait till Ant-Man shows up his ass next year. I'll definitely see the movie and enjoy it, but I'm more looking forward to Guardians, Avengers 2 and the aforementioned Ant-Man movies. Did I mention I hate cap? HE'S NOT THE DAMN FIRST AVENGER! HE'S THE OLDEST, BUT NOT THE FIRST! *Crotchetidly (?) walks away mumbling to himself*

Last edited:
I hate cap, he's a chump. Just wait till Ant-Man shows up his ass next year. I'll definitely see the movie and enjoy it, but I'm more looking forward to Guardians, Avengers 2 and the aforementioned Ant-Man movies. Did I mention I hate cap? HE'S NOT THE DAMN FIRST AVENGER! HE'S THE OLDEST, BUT NOT THE FIRST! *Crotchetidly (?) walks away mumbling to himself*

I actually have a poster framed hanging on my wall that has Cap holding his shield and says The First Avenger. lol.

See, I will be the first to say Cap isn't the coolest or have the best powers. I just like the whole leadership and old school angle. I actually REALLY hope that the Marvel franchise gets to the Marvel Civil War and Death of Captain America. That's when I jumped back into comics and that would be an awesome story line to use (admittedly, it would be hard as hell to translate into a movie/movies fully, but would still be pretty cool).

I'm always a sucker, for the most part, for heroes who don't have some crazy powers that are just so unrealistic (yes I know, from skinny to big was what Cap did), but I mean in the sense of Superman or someone like the Flash (yes I like Marvel more).

I guess, growing up, he was someone I always thought I would want to aspire to be like; in the sense of values and other things.

Anyway, that went way off topic.......I am excited for it. I am also excited for all the ones you listed except Ant-Man, but because I don't like him. I really don't know much about him or his story arch. Never read too many comics with Ant-Man.

I'm curious to see how they cycle in new characters and new Avengers. Marvel isn't going to have all these actors for very much longer. Downey is already getting tired of the role and will slowly do it less and less.

On a side note, I am excited for the New Spider-Man movie as well. I really liked the first one and thought it was better than the 2000s versions.

Am I pumped not really, but will I see it of course. I like Cap, but he falls pretty low on my list of favorite super heros.

ok, so the winter soldier is really bucky right? can someone clear that up?

But he becomes evil?
He does, but he doesn't. In the comics he has amnesia and is trained by the Russians to be an assassin.

Bucky was in the first movie, IIRC he's the friend that Rogers hangs with during the Fair of Tomorrow and one of the men he rescues in the raid. He 'falls to his death' into icy water at some point during the movie, at least I think. I haven't seen the movie in quite some time so it's kinda fuzzy.

He does, but he doesn't. In the comics he has amnesia and is trained by the Russians to be an assassin.

Bucky was in the first movie, IIRC he's the friend that Rogers hangs with during the Fair of Tomorrow and one of the men he rescues in the raid. He 'falls to his death' into icy water at some point during the movie, at least I think. I haven't seen the movie in quite some time so it's kinda fuzzy.

@Phoenix8387
he also loses his arm too I think.
ah comic books and comic book based movies, the best way to confuse the hell out of a person.

not exactly

@Phoenix8387
he also loses his arm too I think.
ah comic books and comic book based movies, the best way to confuse the hell out of a person.
This is confusing! Lol.

If you were talking about the 616 version of Captain America then I'd agree, he's only in the comics so he can tell off the other marvel characters but I honestly like the movie version of the character since he's just a guy who hates bullies. He's not trying to live up to something or to make up for something, Steve Rogers just wants the potential to do good and even when he gets that he doesn't allow it to corrupt him.

Ant-Man on the other hand, I've always found was too over the place. The original Ant-Man for one was a women beater and I don't think Scott Lang did anything that seems that noteworthy except for his death (which was retconned since when do Marvel characters ever stay dead?). Don't get me wrong though I'm not saying the Ant-Man movie is going to be bad just that the MCU version of Captain America has been great so far.

So I thought the move was GREAT. I was blown away. The part with SPOILERS

Fury in the car was awesome. The fight scenes are amazing. I'm just so glad it turned out good. I personally like it more than the avengers.

The part with the car spoilers was the best part of the film, seriously though I had a problem with this film. Mostly due to the fact that I know who Winter Soldier and Brock Lumlow (not related BTW) but since I'm the only avid marvel fan in the family the rest of my family don't know so I had to keep it a secret till we saw the movie which will make me sound mad when I add that it was my choice so my family would enjoy the film more.

They didn't care if I spoiled it but again my choice, it's not fair that I spoil something just because I've had the privilege of seeing it in another form. There's so many characters I want to see personally I'd case Tom Hanks as Doctor Strange since it's a role that gives you a lot to do while not requiring you be physically strong and I honestly believe that Tom Hanks wouldn't be hammy in the role and that he'd add a layer of seriousness that the role would need. I think Hanks could play as the Doctor and make him believable.

Also if we have an older Doctor Strange then we could write in the script that he knows a few of the older key players such as Peggy Carter and Hank Pym. Plus TOM HANKS WANTS TO BE IN A SUPERHERO MOVIE! Why isn't everyone desperately searching for a role for the guy to play?!

The part with the car spoilers was the best part of the film, seriously though I had a problem with this film. Mostly due to the fact that I know who Winter Soldier and Brock Lumlow (not related BTW) but since I'm the only avid marvel fan in the family the rest of my family don't know so I had to keep it a secret till we saw the movie which will make me sound mad when I add that it was my choice so my family would enjoy the film more.

They didn't care if I spoiled it but again my choice, it's not fair that I spoil something just because I've had the privilege of seeing it in another form. There's so many characters I want to see personally I'd case Tom Hanks as Doctor Strange since it's a role that gives you a lot to do while not requiring you be physically strong and I honestly believe that Tom Hanks wouldn't be hammy in the role and that he'd add a layer of seriousness that the role would need. I think Hanks could play as the Doctor and make him believable.

Also if we have an older Doctor Strange then we could write in the script that he knows a few of the older key players such as Peggy Carter and Hank Pym. Plus TOM HANKS WANTS TO BE IN A SUPERHERO MOVIE! Why isn't everyone desperately searching for a role for the guy to play?![/quote

What was your issue with it? I'm just curious. I think they balanced pleasing a normal audience and marvel fan boys.

Just watched it yesterday, I thought it was a good movie. But, I will say that I think the amount of "hey you remember Bucky? Yeah, don't worry, there is no reason why we are reminding you of his loss every 10 seconds and it has nothing to do with the new guy called Winter Soldier....o_O" got really annoying and wasted a bit too much time. I understand that not everyone may have seen the first film, but really, who goes to watch the sequel without watching the first film? Stop wasting my time pandering to the uber casual, who couldn't be bothered to pay attention to the franchise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"