Anyone Else Not Interested In Destiny?

SNOWMANFLURRY

PSLS Level: Newbie
I'm not interested in Destiny, mainly because I'm more of a single player person. Please don't tell me I'm in the minority.

Just want to point out that Destiny is an MMO and like every MMO a majority of it can be played solo. In fact, around 70% of MMO players play solo.

The only content that seems to be MP are the Strikes, Raids, and the traditional MP. The story and exploration can be played solo without a problem. You'll see other people, but that doesn't mean you have to play with them, talk to them or even interact with them.

Just want to point out that Destiny is an MMO and like every MMO a majority of it can be played solo. In fact, around 70% of MMO players play solo.

The only content that seems to be MP are the Strikes, Raids, and the traditional MP. The story and exploration can be played solo without a problem. You'll see other people, but that doesn't mean you have to play with them, talk to them or even interact with them.
Oh, I never played an MMO, so I did not know that. Thanks for that info.

I'm largely a single player person, but when I played the Alpha, it was easy to play with people, but still feel like you were playing solo. I tagged along with a few random people on a strike mission and never even talked to them, yet we did quite well. It's actually quite fun to come across other real players in the world and realize that they are just playing and doing their own thing.

I'm largely a single player person, but when I played the Alpha, it was easy to play with people, but still feel like you were playing solo. I tagged along with a few random people on a strike mission and never even talked to them, yet we did quite well. It's actually quite fun to come across other real players in the world and realize that they are just playing and doing their own thing.
There is also the fact that I have very poor internet, and that worries me and that it will mess up the experience.

I'm with @Lifewish, I do think the game will be great, but am I pumped up for it? No. Might that change closer to release? Possibly, but overall, I'm not excited. But this has been the case with many games as of late. I've been way to swamped with work and my backlog in general.

I'm with @Lifewish, I do think the game will be great, but am I pumped upfor it? No. MiMayIakataameaeyuackat change closer to release? Possibly, but overall, I'm not exkecited. But this has been the case with many games as of late. I've been way to swamped with work and my backlog in general.
May I ask what all games are in yu backlog
I'm with @Lifewish, I do think the game will be great, but am I pumped up for it? No. Might that change closer to release? Possibly, but overall, I'm not excited. But this has been the case with many games as of late. I've been way to swamped with work and my backlog in general.

Seriously, I suck at this forum texting thing. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Hey don't worry about it, your doing fine here on the forums. You aren't causing any inconvenience.

As for destiny you aren't the only one not getting it. Alot of people aren't.

May I ask what all games are in yu backl
Hey don't worry about it, your doing fine here on the forums. You aren't causing any inconvenience.
Okay, I feel better!
As for destiny you aren't the only one not getting it. Alot of people aren't.
I wonder why? The concept seems cool, but the emphasis on MP is what turns me off. But I'm going to give it a little trial period after I get it, so there's that.

I wonder why? The concept seems cool, but the emphasis on MP is what turns me off. But I'm going to give it a little trial period after I get it, so there's that.

The genre just isn't for everybody. Note everyone out there enjoys shooters, so naturally not everyone is going to be interested. My brother is a long time halo fan and he has no interest in the game.

The genre just isn't for everybody. Note everyone out there enjoys shooters, so naturally not everyone is going to be interested. My brother is a long time halo fan and he has no interest in the game.
Oh, okay
Do you happen to know why your brother isn't interested? The two games are very similar after all.

Oh, okay
Do you happen to know why your brother isn't interested? The two games are very similar after all.

My brother owns an xbox one (his last one had a rather humorous demise), anywho i think he's just not impressed with what he's seen and read. I have a feeling that he's waiting for the beta, since i have access to it cuz i pre-ordered the game. When we're curious about games we'll watch each other play. To get an idea. I think that's what he's waiting for.

Is he gonna get t
My brother owns an xbox one (his last one had a rather humorous demise), anywho i think he's just not impressed with what he's seen and read. I have a feeling that he's waiting for the beta, since i have access to it cuz i pre-ordered the game. When we're curious about games we'll watch each other play. To get an idea. I think that's what he's waiting for.
Is he going to get the Master Chief Collection?

Im always a bit reserved when I play a game that puts me in the sandbox with all the other children. I don't play nice and I'm told I hog all the good toys. I can't help it. I like being the protagonist in video games, so it's easier if I just pretend everybody else is an NPC that is there to make me look good. With that said though I have to admit I was like you but after seeing how non invasive most of the MP elements are I'm more excited for this game than I was before. There are some MP elements I probably could have done without, but its more manageable than most imho. I guess your internet connection could be an issue though, but really with the direction even SP games are going it's incredibly hard to even play some SP games with a bad connection. (especially if you want to experience the entire game you paid for.)

Im always a bit reserved when I play a game that puts me in the sandbox with all the other children. I don't play nice and I'm told I hog all the good toys. I can't help it. I like being the protagonist in video games, so it's easier if I just pretend everybody else is an NPC that is there to make me look good. With that said though I have to admit I was like you but after seeing how non invasive most of the MP elements are I'm more excited for this game than I was before. There are some MP elements I probably could have done without, but its more manageable than most imho. I guess your internet connection could be an issue though, but really with the direction even SP games are going it's incredibly hard to even play some SP games with a bad connection. (especially if you want to experience the entire game you paid for.)
I honestly don't know of any games that single player is hindered by Internet Speed or lack thereof. Can you tell me some?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"