What Would MAKE You Purchase An Xbox One?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by BigPete7978, May 9, 2014.

1. Arthur Sataine

Arthur Sataine PSLS Level: Bronze PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    Pete, Plus is NOT required for online. You can watch Netflix without it, you can get on the browser, you can shop without it, you can party chat without it, you can play DCUO, Warframe, FFXIV: ARR, Blacklight, and more without it. The only thing it is required for is online interactions on non-MMO paid multiplayer. Ex: Assassin's Creed, BF 4, CoD, etc.

This is NOT true for Live. You NEED Live just to do anything online with the Xbox.

And as for features, I'm talking about the game sharing stuff. The digital account methods they had. Just take away all that nonsense they were spewing that turned us all off of it to start with.

And I didn't want the PS3 for the media. I wanted it for PS3 games and backward compatibility. Those alone were worth the $600 in my eyes. Especially considering blu-ray players at the time were selling for $1000.

And I can't stand that when I go to push RB, I'm also touching the top part of the trigger. Very uncomfortable up there. I like my buttons well defined and with moderate space.

2. BigPete7978

BigPete7978 PSLS Level: Silver

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    I understand that. Like I said there have been a ton of rumors lately that the Xbox Live being required for Netflix and apps is possibly going away. Also all the games are MMO's, which some people don't care for (myself included, don't hate them, just prefer other genres typically). I don't know one person that bought a PS4 for DCUO, Blacklight, or any of the other MMO's you listed. They are all available on PC as well. Granted there may be people that did this, I just don't see why. To get the full potential of consoles this generation in gaming you have to pay for all the features.

3. Arthur Sataine

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    What does the reasons they bought the console matter in that you can play those titles for free? If they got the PS4, then those options are there. And personally, they are all much more enjoyable on the PS4. I actually know at least five guys that bought the PS4 because the PS3 couldn't handle DCUO or ARR the way they were meant to be played. But again, that is irrelevant. The fact remains you don't need Plus to play them.

And looking at the new article on our site, it looks like some of those services I mentioned are going to be able to be used without Live. Which marks one requisite off my list. I don't hate the console itself, I hate the company for what it tried to do. The only way they can fix those blunders is to tailor the console in a more customer friendly manner. What they've done, as the article points out, is just one tiny step towards that.

EDIT: And I hope you'll excuse me dismissing that last statement. As online multiplayer, in my experience, does not provide anything remotely resembling the full potential of a console. Those have always been the solo or co-op experiences in the past. Where the console can fully utilize all its power without needing to render for 32-250 people.

4. stolenxnametag

stolenxnametag PSLS Level: Kraken PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    arithrottle
    I'm cool with the classic sidescroller gameplay, but more detailed models, textures, and shading would be spot on! Despite SotN being the best game I've ever played, it still looks a bit dated, and even the 3DS could make it look better.

For gameplay, I would honestly be okay with it being the exact same layout. The inventory screen could use a bit of work, but the relics and equipment settings were perfect. Touch support for spell casting would be pretty awesome, too. Some of those spells were a bitch before I got the hang of them (I'm looking at you, Soul Steal!). Dracula's castle is a living entity that constantly evolves into whatever it wants to become. I think implementing procedural generation of the castle would make for an interesting twist on the classic SotN schematics. I think that would be a bit less redundant than the inverted castle they used.

Arthur Sataine likes this.
  5. bigwilybobbily

bigwilybobbily PSLS Level: Newbie

PSN:
    bigwilybobbily
    Looks like Microsoft has been reading our forums. Since they addressed points, 1 and 3. Still I don't see why I would choose the less powerful console at the same price since most games are going to be multiplatform anyway. They would need to seriously wow me with their first party to get most people to do that.

6. Lifewish

Lifewish 중재자 Staff Member

PSN:
    lifewish
    It would take a price drop, some key exclusives, and a real reason to need it since I already have my PS4.

stolenxnametag likes this.
  7. Quezun

Quezun PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Quezun
    So I just heard that MS is now offering the One without the Kinect for a $100 less. I'm still gonna pass for now.

8. BigPete7978

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    I know this is random, but all the talk of exclusives made me think of this. Wasn't there a rumor of Battletoads returning? I loved that game. I could've swore I read that Microsoft now owns the rights.

9. BigPete7978

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    I don't think I'd buy the system without the Kinect honestly. It's a great feature, but definitely not for everyone. Glad to see Microsoft may be starting to listen.

10. Lifewish

PSN:
    lifewish
    smart move for Microsoft but still not enough to sway me over.

11. Arthur Sataine

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    That would help sway my decision to purchase one.

stolenxnametag likes this.
  12. BigPete7978

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    [​IMG]

13. Arthur Sataine

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    Serious. I love me some Battletoads.

BigPete7978 likes this.
  14. BigPete7978

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    Then you sir earn a +1

15. stolenxnametag

PSN:
    arithrottle
    That's a good start for me, too. $400 price point and nostalgia? We're getting there, MS. :D

16. Lifewish

PSN:
    lifewish
    it's closer for me but still not enough. I love the toads but they are not reason enough for me to buy a system.

17. stolenxnametag

PSN:
    arithrottle
    I wouldn't spend $400 for Battletoads, not even in a crowd-funding campaign. Throw the toads in with some awesome third-party exclusives (not timed) and some Banjo-Kazooie - that's where you get me.

18. Matt_Senpai

Matt_Senpai PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    anti-altair16
    I want an X1 for Quantum Break & Sunset Overdrive. I'd get the $400 X1, don't need a Kinect. But I'd still need one more exclusive to sell me on one.

19. BigPete7978

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    I think I am the only one that likes Crackdown :p

20. MakaiOokami

MakaiOokami PSLS Level: Bronze

1. Final Fantasy XIV PS3/4 support dropped in support of Xbox 1 support.
    2. The crap they promised about having a circle of 10 people where 2 people can play any 1 game at a time, that they scrapped because American infrastucture sucks too much to be that reliant on online only... They have to bring back that feature so that I can play your backlog BigPete!
    3. Make it to where when i buy an Xbox One game, if it's also on the Windows 8 store I get it for free or vice versa.
    4. Nippon Ichi only makes games for MIcrosoft consoles.
    5. Skylanders is only on Xbox One.
    6. Xbox Live Gold has to give away games at the same pace Sony consoles do. Not just 1 or 2 a month.
    7. HUGE indie support

So essentially,

1. A game I'll probably play for a decade would have to lose support for Sony
    2. Fulfill promises they could have fulfilled if they were creative and not just codgers.
    3. Cross-buy like Sony
    4. Favorite games have to be on there
    5. Games I've invested a lot of money have to transition
    6. Need a jumpstart on my game collection. I had like 20 games when I got a PS4 at no cost.
    7. They have to invest and help small developers make amazing games.

These are the reasons I wanted/have/bought/love my PS4.

I'll buy a Wii U before I get a Xbone.