What Would MAKE You Purchase An Xbox One?

1. I definitely see a price drop happening (maybe E3?). While the console isn't selling horribly, it still could do better.
  2. I do agree with this. More first party stuff would be great. Still waiting for another Crackdown game.
  3. There are tons of people saying this is about to happen soon. I don't agree with it either, bit it has never phased me because I am an Xbox Live Gold member. If you are going to market your device as an entertainment machine then let it do everything. So hopefully these rumors are true as well.
  4. Not sure what you mean by this? Like party chat? I thought some stuff PS Plus was required for, could be wrong though.
  5. Such as?
  6. I haven't had an issue with the controller. Definitely prefer the Dualshock 4 this generation, Sony finally made a controller I like. (Never cared for the original Dualshock controllers)
  7. I will say this. Given some of the recent things I've been hearing from friends (@RangerETx the most recent one) Sony's customer service isn't as great as people claim all the time. You are going to have good and bad regardless of the company you are dealing with. As for free online PS Plus is now required for online with the PS4, so not sure what you meant here. While Games With Gold list isn't as great as PS Plus, you have to remember the service just launched. I'm giving it time before I pass judgement. As for Nintendo people either love them or hate them. The biggest argument I hear is that it's the same titles over and over. Yet fans of the company bash Microsoft for Halo and Gears releases.
  8. I view Microsoft as in the same boat as the PS3 last generation. Yet PlayStation gamers forget that we had the expensive console last gen with the gaming drought. Hell I was happy for a damn new trailer in a PS Store update. Also the PS3 was marketed as all in one with its multimedia capabilities, Linux support, etc. Yet the same people that liked the PS3 for these features are bashing the Xbox One for taking a different approach with the television integration.
I really think it's just gonna take some time for the Xbox One to get going. Yes there are some games, but I'm waiting on exclusives like Sunset Overdrive and the rumored Crackdown game.

Pete, Plus is NOT required for online. You can watch Netflix without it, you can get on the browser, you can shop without it, you can party chat without it, you can play DCUO, Warframe, FFXIV: ARR, Blacklight, and more without it. The only thing it is required for is online interactions on non-MMO paid multiplayer. Ex: Assassin's Creed, BF 4, CoD, etc.

This is NOT true for Live. You NEED Live just to do anything online with the Xbox.

And as for features, I'm talking about the game sharing stuff. The digital account methods they had. Just take away all that nonsense they were spewing that turned us all off of it to start with.

And I didn't want the PS3 for the media. I wanted it for PS3 games and backward compatibility. Those alone were worth the $600 in my eyes. Especially considering blu-ray players at the time were selling for $1000.

And I can't stand that when I go to push RB, I'm also touching the top part of the trigger. Very uncomfortable up there. I like my buttons well defined and with moderate space.

Pete, Plus is NOT required for online. You can watch Netflix without it, you can get on the browser, you can shop without it, you can party chat without it, you can play DCUO, Warframe, FFXIV: ARR, Blacklight, and more without it. The only thing it is required for is online interactions on non-MMO paid multiplayer. Ex: Assassin's Creed, BF 4, CoD, etc.

This is NOT true for Live. You NEED Live just to do anything online with the Xbox.
I understand that. Like I said there have been a ton of rumors lately that the Xbox Live being required for Netflix and apps is possibly going away. Also all the games are MMO's, which some people don't care for (myself included, don't hate them, just prefer other genres typically). I don't know one person that bought a PS4 for DCUO, Blacklight, or any of the other MMO's you listed. They are all available on PC as well. Granted there may be people that did this, I just don't see why. To get the full potential of consoles this generation in gaming you have to pay for all the features.

I understand that. Like I said there have been a ton of rumors lately that the Xbox Live being required for Netflix and apps is possibly going away. Also all the games are MMO's, which some people don't care for (myself included, don't hate them, just prefer other genres typically). I don't know one person that bought a PS4 for DCUO, Blacklight, or any of the other MMO's you listed. They are all available on PC as well. Granted there may be people that did this, I just don't see why. To get the full potential of consoles this generation in gaming you have to pay for all the features.

What does the reasons they bought the console matter in that you can play those titles for free? If they got the PS4, then those options are there. And personally, they are all much more enjoyable on the PS4. I actually know at least five guys that bought the PS4 because the PS3 couldn't handle DCUO or ARR the way they were meant to be played. But again, that is irrelevant. The fact remains you don't need Plus to play them.

And looking at the new article on our site, it looks like some of those services I mentioned are going to be able to be used without Live. Which marks one requisite off my list. I don't hate the console itself, I hate the company for what it tried to do. The only way they can fix those blunders is to tailor the console in a more customer friendly manner. What they've done, as the article points out, is just one tiny step towards that.

EDIT: And I hope you'll excuse me dismissing that last statement. As online multiplayer, in my experience, does not provide anything remotely resembling the full potential of a console. Those have always been the solo or co-op experiences in the past. Where the console can fully utilize all its power without needing to render for 32-250 people.

Haha. I bet a lot of people would love that. Would you want the classic look? Or a more updated look to the current graphics?
I'm cool with the classic sidescroller gameplay, but more detailed models, textures, and shading would be spot on! Despite SotN being the best game I've ever played, it still looks a bit dated, and even the 3DS could make it look better.

For gameplay, I would honestly be okay with it being the exact same layout. The inventory screen could use a bit of work, but the relics and equipment settings were perfect. Touch support for spell casting would be pretty awesome, too. Some of those spells were a bitch before I got the hang of them (I'm looking at you, Soul Steal!). Dracula's castle is a living entity that constantly evolves into whatever it wants to become. I think implementing procedural generation of the castle would make for an interesting twist on the classic SotN schematics. I think that would be a bit less redundant than the inverted castle they used.

As proven with my intense love for the zombie genre, Dead Rising, and the Master Chief character, no game will make me get an Xbox One. That said:

1. Price drop. Even with the Kinect 2 it shouldn't be more than $450. I got my PS4 and the Camera for less than the cost of the One.

2. Drop paid for, timed (or otherwise) exclusivity. Meaning make first party exclusives, quit paying for third parties.

3. Drop required Live for services such as Netflix, Hulu, web browsing, etc. That is utter nonsense and they know it.

3.5 Make all general online interactions free, ala PlayStation Plus. Makes no sense at this point in the industry to keep Live the way it is structured.

4. Bring us ALL the features promised when it was first announced WITHOUT the bull spit policies first intended.

5. Change that damned controller. Those shoulder buttons are way too close to the triggers.

6. Start giving a damn about the customer. Sony does it with free online services, phenomenal rewards for Plus, and by actually listening to fan feedback. Nintendo does it by a completely free online infrastructure, producing high quality first party titles, and giving us fun over flash.

7. Put the focus back on gaming. Drop all this nonsense "all-in-one" fluff.

Looks like Microsoft has been reading our forums. Since they addressed points, 1 and 3. Still I don't see why I would choose the less powerful console at the same price since most games are going to be multiplatform anyway. They would need to seriously wow me with their first party to get most people to do that.

So I just heard that MS is now offering the One without the Kinect for a $100 less. I'm still gonna pass for now.

I know this is random, but all the talk of exclusives made me think of this. Wasn't there a rumor of Battletoads returning? I loved that game. I could've swore I read that Microsoft now owns the rights.

So I just heard that MS is now offering the One without the Kinect for a $100 less. I'm still gonna pass for now.
I don't think I'd buy the system without the Kinect honestly. It's a great feature, but definitely not for everyone. Glad to see Microsoft may be starting to listen.

That would help sway my decision to purchase one.
6B1F5004-A13E-428D-A761-C613BE133B83_zpsc2fdaj8r.jpg

I wouldn't spend $400 for Battletoads, not even in a crowd-funding campaign. Throw the toads in with some awesome third-party exclusives (not timed) and some Banjo-Kazooie - that's where you get me.

I want an X1 for Quantum Break & Sunset Overdrive. I'd get the $400 X1, don't need a Kinect. But I'd still need one more exclusive to sell me on one.

1. Final Fantasy XIV PS3/4 support dropped in support of Xbox 1 support.
2. The crap they promised about having a circle of 10 people where 2 people can play any 1 game at a time, that they scrapped because American infrastucture sucks too much to be that reliant on online only... They have to bring back that feature so that I can play your backlog BigPete!
3. Make it to where when i buy an Xbox One game, if it's also on the Windows 8 store I get it for free or vice versa.
4. Nippon Ichi only makes games for MIcrosoft consoles.
5. Skylanders is only on Xbox One.
6. Xbox Live Gold has to give away games at the same pace Sony consoles do. Not just 1 or 2 a month.
7. HUGE indie support

So essentially,

1. A game I'll probably play for a decade would have to lose support for Sony
2. Fulfill promises they could have fulfilled if they were creative and not just codgers.
3. Cross-buy like Sony
4. Favorite games have to be on there
5. Games I've invested a lot of money have to transition
6. Need a jumpstart on my game collection. I had like 20 games when I got a PS4 at no cost.
7. They have to invest and help small developers make amazing games.

These are the reasons I wanted/have/bought/love my PS4.

I'll buy a Wii U before I get a Xbone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"