E3 2015: Should Playstation owners be worried?

Should we PS4/PS3 owners be worried?

• Total voters

Timewarp

PSLS Level: Bronze
I know E3 2015 is all the way in June but already I keep getting the same horrible nagging feeling I had back before Microsoft made Rise of the Tomb Raider a timed exclusive and I wanted to know does anyone else get the same worried feeling as PS4/PS3 owners? That Microsoft is going to take another third party title away.

There's a lot of potential games yet to be announced or set to be released after E3 2015, given recent events I don't think we'd be asking too much to ask the publishers/developers of these titles if we should bother getting excited for them. What about Square Enix and Capcom? Is there any point in keeping up to date with their games given they've both already made exclusivity deals with Microsoft? The biggest worry of mine and I REALLY hope I'm just worried over nothing but my major concern is that Microsoft makes some kind of deal with Bethesda concerning a potential Fallout 4.

They made a deal to make Fallout 3's DLC a timed exclusive for the Xbox 360 so do you really think they wouldn't go it again and this is my problem. Microsoft has taken the fun out of E3, they've ruined it because where as before I'd be excited over which new titles games companies are going to use to part me with my money now I'm worrying over what titles are going to be kept from me and my system and it frustrates the hell out of me.

I guess I just want to know if anyone else on the site feels like this. Ignored, powerless, as if these people will say and do anything to take our money and then screw us over when it suits them. Heck Bioware and EA just got out of a deal with Microsoft to make the latest Dragon Age DLC exclusives to Xbox One and then immediately ask us not to boycott them, that was the last straw. Asking us to be loyal.

I get it. Companies aren't loyal to us, they're not our friends but don't you think it's wrong to then expect us to be loyal to them? Don't you think that's asking too much? and more importantly do you think it's possibly for anyone who doesn't own an Xbox to enjoy E3 anymore?

Hmm. I'd say don't be worried, but we all know how quick these things turn around. I gather, Sony will have a few surprises but most will be for 2016. I'd say Uncharted Remaster Trilogy is a lock, and I assume it will be out sometime during Sept.-Nov.

Maybe add in a Titanfall 2 reveal at Sony's presser just to punctuate the game's multi-platform release as well. I do see MS moneyhatting a few things, though. But then again, Sony just needs to release The Last Guardian info and everyone would go bananas.

But going back on topic, MS WILL do exclusivity deals. No question about that. However, with how big the gap is between the PS4 and Xbox One, maybe the most they can get is DLC. Publishers won't sacrifice potential millions in sales just for a timed exclusivity thing...at least I hope.

The thing is I'm ok as long as we know that we're eventually going to get them, it's the point where you start to think "When they say timed do they mean it's eventually coming to PC and Playstation or just PC?" and yeah you're right I most likely am just worrying over nothing but it's just one of those things you know where you can't stop that feeling of dread.

You know what made me feel so incredible sad? I got angry because I can't play a video game and I started to think about how empty my life must be that something so mundane makes me so angry. I mean that's a sign right? That I need a lot more going for me.

Timed exclusives are inevitable, and I see Microsoft trying to push them hard given their lackluster library as a whole compared to Sony's, not to mention the place both companies are in how how behind MS is even with a cheaper console. I also don't think Bethesda would make a deal like that with MS, for anything timed. If anything, Bethesda would side up with Sony given how awfully they handled Skyrim on PS3 as an apology to the company and to the consumers.

If Bethesda made a sequel to The Evil Within a MS-exclusive, I would ragequit everything they have to offer. Ditto for Konami and Silent Hills.

The Halo 5 ads that came out two days ago during The Walking Dead have already amassed about 5 million views in just 2 days, and that's just on the Xbox page alone. I'd expect the Halo 5 single player reveal that will inevitably happen during E3 to create massive waves regardless of how the game turns out. Not to mention that gameplay for Scalebound, Crackdown 3, Tomb may Raid 2, Phantom Dust, and possibly even Gears of War is long overdue at this point.

I'd say never underestimate the power of Halo. Even though Call of Duty has since dethroned it as the king of casual competitive FPS, I can still expect Xbone to move millions of units this holiday season based on the popularity and hype for Halo alone (especially since Sony currently has nothing to match Halo during the same time). Playstation owners tend to underplay the popularity of the Xbone because it's in second place, but the fact remains that it's selling relatively well and Phil Spencer is pushing extremely hard to change the perception of the company that Mattrick and Ballmer created before they left. One big push, say a bunch of hype dudebro AAA exclusives and some DX12 mumbo jumbo, and they could bridge the gap easily. Sony needs to come in hard this E3 and show less multiplats and more first-party exclusives.

I am not worried one bit honestly. I think Microsoft will have at least one game they moneywhip into being a sequel, but I think Sony has had really good showings the last few big conferences, so I would just trust them to do it again.

I think I'll feel a lot better once we get E3 2015 out of the way, what annoys me the most is the fanboys and how they just don't see how annoying exclusives are do they not understand that when their system gets an exclusive it just means the other rival company is going to secure one for themselves? I wish I had as much faith as some of you guys but again till this is all over and I know for certain that certain games are definately coming to the PS4 I feel like I'm just gonna be worrying about losing some great titles.

Seriously the Xbox Community is starting to act like the rich kid who has his dad buy his way to victory.

I think I'll feel a lot better once we get E3 2015 out of the way, what annoys me the most is the fanboys and how they just don't see how annoying exclusives are do they not understand that when their system gets an exclusive it just means the other rival company is going to secure one for themselves? I wish I had as much faith as some of you guys but again till this is all over and I know for certain that certain games are definately coming to the PS4 I feel like I'm just gonna be worrying about losing some great titles.

Seriously the Xbox Community is starting to act like the rich kid who has his dad buy his way to victory.

They haven't claimed victory yet. Even with the purchased exclusives, it isn't like Sony has fallen or anything. To put things in another perspective, sure Xbox secured Tomb Raider, but then Sony completely slapped them in the face with the Street Fighter exclusive, which is the better deal of the two.
HGAvFVZ.gif

I think you just need to try and have faith. Sony has really taken strong steps in their conferences and the PS4 has been solid throughout. As long as Sony doesn't pull a Nintendo and go backwards or a Microsoft and start pissing on everyone, then we should be fine.

I do too, mostly because that means that TGS is just right around the corner and that usually has more appealing announcements for me.

The one thing I hate with TGS is that it gets me so excited for all these games when only maybe 50 percent of them will come stateside.

Wait that happens to you guys as well? I thought you guys got everything also follow up question is it bad that I want Tomb Raider AND Uncharted 4? As in I was planning on playing both at the same time.

Wait that happens to you guys as well? I thought you guys got everything also follow up question is it bad that I want Tomb Raider AND Uncharted 4? As in I was planning on playing both at the same time.
It would've been interesting to see both franchises square off during the holiday season but I've cut my losses with the Tomb Raider franchise since I played the reboot and kept getting this nagging thought in my head that I'd rather be playing Uncharted. It was just so derivative, the new Tomb Raider is more Girlcharted than Uncharted was ever Dude Raider.

Even if Tomb Rising was multiplat I don't think I would've given it a chance until it went on sale, Uncharted 4 however is a Day 1 buy.

It would've been interesting to see both franchises square off during the holiday season but I've cut my losses with the Tomb Raider franchise since I played the reboot and kept getting this nagging thought in my head that I'd rather be playing Uncharted. It was just so derivative, the new Tomb Raider is more Girlcharted than Uncharted was ever Dude Raider.

Even if Tomb Rising was multiplat I don't think I would've given it a chance until it went on sale, Uncharted 4 however is a Day 1 buy.
Dude Raider would have been a sweet LamePro title.

Maybe we will. Uncharted 4's been delayed so if we're lucky and the timed deal isn't for long maybe the two games will have their showdown after all. Personally I think there's a place in gaming for both games.

Also whenever someone says Dude Raider it always makes me think of some lame '90s superhero, you know he's the Dude Raider because he raids tombs but he's also a dude!

The only thing that worries me is Morpheus. No matter how cool it is or how great it works, it will not capture the mainstream. I see that as the one distraction that can slow Sony's momentum. Too many people have PS4's and will have PS4's by E3 for MS to significantly change the tide with a singular announcement.

That said, Sony isn't going to screw it up and they are going to bring the games. Just like at PSX they know gamers want games games games. Expect Guerilla's new IP, possibly a new Killzone too, Uncharted collection, Uncharted 4 footage, and a new God of War.

They always have major third party support. I expect another cool announcement like the Far Cry 4 share play one last year.

I have to stop. All this speculation is getting me too excited...

Yeah I've been thinking the same thing about Morpheus, stuff like this has been done before and the same problem comes up. People just don't want to wear the big clunky things and then there's issues like for example what about us guys and girls who wear glasses? Will it fit over them or do we have to take them off and thus spend the game near-blind.

Yeah I've been thinking the same thing about Morpheus, stuff like this has been done before and the same problem comes up. People just don't want to wear the big clunky things and then there's issues like for example what about us guys and girls who wear glasses? Will it fit over them or do we have to take them off and thus spend the game near-blind.

Well and the fact that they already spent $400 on hardware. If it's like $200-300 that's asking people to spend $700 for to try VR. It won't get adopted by the average gamer and all the devs they have working on it will be wasting their time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"