my favorite tv show just got cancelled

chichi

PSLS Level: Bronze
Community just got cancelled, and it is one of my favorite shows of all time (along with scrubs and early season simpsons).

any way here is a list of the cancelled tv shows

If I’ve missed something, please let me know.

Almost Human (FOX)
The series started strong in the ratings but the numbers dropped lower and lower as the season progressed. There won’t be a second season.

America Now (syndicated)
Hosted by Leeza Gibbons and Bill Rancic, this lifestyles program won’t be back for a fifth season.

ANT Farm (Disney)
One of the lead actors announced that season three will be the end of the Disney Channel sitcom.

Back in the Game (ABC)
The alphabet network has decided to cancel the Maggie Lawson sitcom after 13 episodes.

Bad Teacher (CBS)
It didn’t take the network long to decide that this show wasn’t making the grade.

Being Human (Syfy)
The UK version ended in 2013 after five seasons. The US version has been cancelled after four years.

Believe (NBC)
This show had loyal fans but just not enough for a second season.

Best Week Ever (VH1)
The show was initially cancelled in 2009 and then revived in 2013. Now, it’s been cancelled again.

Bethenny (syndicated)
The talk show struggled in the ratings and many affiliate stations didn’t want a second season.

The Boondocks (Adult Swim)
It’s been decided that the fourth season is the animated show’s last.

Californication (Showtime)
It’s been decided that the seventh season of this David Duchovny TV series will be the end.

The Carrie Diaries (The CW)
Sex and the City ran for six seasons but alas the tale of teenage Carrie Bradshaw only lasted two.

Community (NBC)
Fans were hoping for six seasons and a movie. The sitcom has been cancelled after five seasons. Will a movie come next?

The Crazy Ones (CBS)
This sitcom was supposedly quite expensive to produce and the ratings didn’t warrant a second year.

Crisis (NBC)
This hostage drama won’t be back for a second season.

Dads (FOX)
This Seth Green sitcom lasted 18 episodes, airing between September 2013 and February 2014.

Dracula (NBC)
Apparently stakes aren’t the only think that can kill a vampire.

Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime)
The series was cancelled after four seasons but was later resurrected. The decision has been made to end it again, after six seasons.

Eastbound & Down (HBO)
The fourth season is the end of Kenny Powers’ story.

Enlisted (FOX)
The guys have been discharged. The network has cancelled the Army comedy that aired on Friday nights.

Friends with Better Lives (CBS)
The network has high ratings standards for their comedies and this one just didn’t measure up. Un-friended.

Good Luck Charlie (Disney Channel)
The house of mouse has decided that the series should end with season four.

Growing Up Fisher (NBC)
About a Boy earned a renewal but this sitcom did not.

Hello Ladies (HBO)
There won’t be a second season of this low-rated series but the cable channel intends to wrap up the show with a special.

Hostages (CBS)
Despite the fact that this show had some great talent, not enough viewers tuned in.

How I Met Your Mother (CBS)
Future Ted’s poor kids will finally be able to get off the couch. Talk about child abuse!

Intelligence (CBS
The network has had a hard time filling the Mondays at 10pm timeslot — and this show didn’t help.

Ironside (NBC)
Raymond Burr’s original series lasted seven seasons but this remake was cancelled after three episodes.

Judge Alex (syndicated)
The venerable court series has been cancelled after nine years on the air. New episodes air through August 2014.

The Kudlow Report (CNBC)
The cable series is over after five years but host Larry Kudlow is staying on CNBC.

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (NBC)
This show ended so that Fallon could take over the Tonight Show from Jay Leno.

Less Than Kind (DirecTV )
The fourth season of this Canadian drama is the show’s last. There are 48 episodes.

Low Winter Sun (AMC)
The drama started out well but viewership dropped each week. Once it didn’t have Breaking Bad as a lead-in, the numbers got even worse. It’s been cancelled.

Lucky 7 (ABC)
The show was unlucky in the ratings and the network cancelled it after two episodes. It’s the first show of the network season to be cancelled.

Mind Games (ABC)
It’s another cancellation for Christian Slater and another ratings disappoinntment for ABC in the Tuesdays at 10pm timeslot.

Mixology (ABC)
This mid-season sitcom that’s set in a bar won’t be back for the 2014-15 season.

Mob City (TNT)
The ratings weren’t strong enough for the cable channel to order a second season but they want to stay in business with Frank Darabont.

Murder Police (FOX)
The network ordered this animated series but cancelled it before it was completed. The studio may complete the series and shop it elsewhere.

The Neighbors (ABC)
Sorry alien-lovers. The network has evicted this show after two seasons.

Nikita (The CW)
The action series survived for three years — despite poor ratings. The network decided to end it with season four.

Nikki & Sara Live (MTV)
The late-night series has been dropped after two seasons. The last episode aired October 29, 2013.

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (ABC)
The ratings for this spin-off were certainly not “wonderful,” even from the start. The network decided to end the show after 13 episodes.

Piers Morgan Live (CNN)
After three years, the weeknight interview program has been cancelled by the cable news channel.

Psych (USA)
After eight seasons and 121 episodes, it’s the end of the road for best buddies.

Raising Hope (FOX)
It’s time to say farewell to the Chance family after four seasons.

Rake (FOX)
A dark comedy, this Greg Kinnear show debuted to poor ratings and they only got worse. It won’t be back.

Ravenswood (ABC Family)
Pretty Little Liars is a big hit for the cable channel but this spin-off didn’t catch on.

Reed Between the Lines (BET)
Star Tracee Ellis Ross left after one season so the show was reworked for season two. The show was later cancelled and it’s unclear when/if the second season will air.

Revolution (NBC)
It was a big hit initially but the ratings really went down in season two. There won’t be a third season.

Rob Dyrdek Fantasy Factory (MTV)
The show came to a close after six seasons and 67 episodes on March 20, 2014.

Sean Saves the World (NBC)
The peacock network shut down production on the low-rated sitcom, cut the episode order and cancelled it.

Showbiz Tonight (HLN)
The entertainment news program has been cancelled a couple weeks short of its ninth birthday.

Star-Crossed (The CW)
The story of the alien Romeo and human Juliet has been cut short. The network cancelled it after 13 episodes.

Super Fun Night (ABC)
People may love Rebel Wilson but not enough of them stuck with this show. It’s done after 17 episodes.

Surviving Jack (FOX)
The network cut the episode order from 13 to eight installments. Now, they’ve cut the show entirely. It won’t be back for a second season.

Teen Mom 3 (MTV)
This incarnation of the Teen Mom franchise only lasted one season and 14 episodes.

The Test (syndicated)
A conflict resolution talk show, The Test has been cancelled after one season on the air.

The Tomorrow People (The CW)
This series started out strong in the ratings but some viewers apparently lost interest as the season progressed. It won’t be back.

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (NBC)
The network has chosen to replace Leno as host for the second time.

Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell (FXX)
The new cable channel handed down its first cancellation notice to this late-night talker.

Treme (HBO)
The cable channel announced that David Simon’s low-rated New Orleans series would end with season four.

Trisha (syndicated)
There won’t be a third season of Trisha Goddard’s talk show.

Trophy Wife (ABC)
For whatever reason, Bradley Whitford has had a hard time finding a new successful TV show.

True Blood (HBO)
Vampires may live forever but this popular cable show ends with season seven.

Up Late with Alec Baldwin (MSNBC)
The cable channel’s first interview show lasted just five episodes.

Us & Them (FOX)
The network reportedly didn’t feel the tone of this romantic comedy would fit with their other sitcoms. They shut down production and told the cast they could look for other work. The produced episodes may air.

Warehouse 13 (Syfy)
In May 2013, the cable channel announced that they were renewing the series for a fifth but final season of six episodes.

We Are Men (CBS)
The network has high expectations for their sitcoms and this one premiered poorly. When the second episode did even worse, that was enough.

Welcome to the Family (NBC)
This sitcom drew poor ratings from the start and is no longer welcome in the NBC family.

Wilfred (FXX)
Ryan and his big canine pal are moving to FXX for the fourth and final season.

Always heard good things about Community, just never got a chance to watch it.

On another note, holy crap that's a lot of shows that have been cancelled.

I think Community got more praise than it deserved, at least the past couple years. It was a good show for the first couple seasons, but the previous season and to a much larger extent this past season were much less watchable.

Comedy wise, I'm more torn up about The Crazy Ones being canceled. Loved the show and sad that I won't get a weekly dose of Robin Williams any more.

Almost Human being canceled is just Fox doing their Fox thing. They cancel the good shows and keep the trash. Which is why I have high hopes for Gotham and only expect it to get one season.

The other shows I watched that won't be returning; How I Met Your Mother, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Psych, Fantasy Factory, Warehouse 13. Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was originally intended to be a mid/between-season filler for Once Upon a Time and for some reason got pushed into an actual series. The show was not good. HIMYM, Psych, Fantasy Factory and Warehouse 13 were all known to be their last seasons, and in the cases of HIMYM, Psych and Warehouse 13 are able to go out knowing this in their finales.

I have never watched Community, so I can't say anything about that, other than I keep hearing good things.

Sad (slightly) to see Boondocks get the axe, great show but it seems like any animated show that says something of substance has a turbulent course.

Just started watching Psych, decent show with some cool retro throw backs to my generation.

The new season of The Boondocks is pretty shitty, even as a huge fan of the series I can barely muster enough interest to make it through each new episode. Might as well give it the ax now since the creator is no longer involved

Bummer to see Almost Human get the ax that early. I was interested, but it seems a lot of Abrams projects are getting the one season treatment lately. He just can't make LOST again...

The new season of The Boondocks is pretty shitty, even as a huge fan of the series I can barely muster enough interest to make it through each new episode. Might as well give it the ax now since the creator is no longer involved
That sucks to hear, I liked the older seasons but haven't had the time to try the new one yet.

Bummer to see Almost Human get the ax that early. I was interested, but it seems a lot of Abrams projects are getting the one season treatment lately. He just can't make LOST again...
Yeah, I liked the idea for Almost Human, but it seemed like it was far to shallow for what it could have been. The GF as the villain thing didn't really play into the story all that much, and left it as a throwaway weekly badguy cop drama.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"