XBox one Struggling?

but according to you, as far as "hard core gamers" go, they WOULD know a good game, because they know everything.

No, True Gamers know everything. Hardcore gamers don't know anything. Keep up with my social classes here. I've described them before. Indies are becoming more mainstream. They aren't quite there yet, but they are on the rise. Very rapidly at that. They are featured in publications a great deal more often and they are becoming ever more accessible.

You can't be serious...... indies are have not been part of mainstream gaming for about 24 years. The PC was the only place where indies game were especially after gaming crash of 1983. Up until the more recent years indies were still on the PC ignoring consoles because they were both limited and have a lengthy Q/A system in place up until 2008 when Xbox Live Arcade with their indie program. During this time Microsoft took advantage of the Indie crowd, used them as fillers between big releases, then toss them to the side afterwards. Indies only exist because the PC gaming crowd not the console crowd and for the last 30 years the PC supported most of them as it was a open platform. What is funny is that PC crowd want bigger games too. Sony right now is using indies as filler games for the bigger games coming out because who would buy a $400 console for a game that currently on steam for $5-$15 for the PC right now.... not me for sure but what about the other 6 million PS4 users who waiting for Watch Dogs, Drive Club, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy XV, etc and instead have games available to buy that are current on Steam since 2010.

When will you people start reading every word, and not the ones you want to read?

I said it with more text than this, but I said they are on the rise. Those words ended with -ing, not -ed. Meaning presently and ongoing. Not already established. And for some strange reason you type as if everyone automatically gets a free PC when they hit 18 or something. They had to shell out a similar amount of money for their PC. So, yes, they did indeed spend $400 for indies if they chose to purchase them at $5-$15 on Steam.

When will you people start reading every word, and not the ones you want to read?

I said it with more text than this, but I said they are on the rise. Those words ended with -ing, not -ed. Meaning presently and ongoing. Not already established. And for some strange reason you type as if everyone automatically gets a free PC when they hit 18 or something. They had to shell out a similar amount of money for their PC. So, yes, they did indeed spend $400 for indies if they chose to purchase them at $5-$15 on Steam.
Actually people can spend as little as $200 for Laptop that can run most of those games.... And most people have at least a computer in their house now days usually at the age of 6 according Forbes back in 2012. As far as reading every word you are saying I have.

No, True Gamers know everything. Hardcore gamers don't know anything. Keep up with my social classes here. I've described them before. Indies are becoming more mainstream. They aren't quite there yet, but they are on the rise. Very rapidly at that. They are featured in publications a great deal more often and they are becoming ever more accessible.

"true gamers" ARE "hard core gamers"

look at the recent sales charts for this year, they aren't doing that well.

last year, not a lot of indie games sold either, yeah people out there may like indies but that doesn't mean they are gonna start buying them by the thousands.

sales speak volumes, they say what sells, and indies aren't exactly making the type of big sales you would get mainstream games. the only reason indies are being sold is because all of the big anticipated games either aren't out yet, or have been continuously delayed. last year big games were coming out one after the other. outside of psls I haven't heard about a single indie, and they are not mentioned that often in gaming magazines unless there's NOTHING ELSE to mention.

I've been reading everything you have mentioned. indie's are what they are, and what they are is not mainstream. they aren't rise, they just being "advertised".

"true gamers" ARE "hard core gamers"

look at the recent sales charts for this year, they aren't doing that well.

last year, not a lot of indie games sold either, yeah people out there may like indies but that doesn't mean they are gonna start buying them by the thousands.

sales speak volumes, they say what sells, and indies aren't exactly making the type of big sales you would get mainstream games. the only reason indies are being sold is because all of the big anticipated games either aren't out yet, or have been continuously delayed. last year big games were coming out one after the other. outside of psls I haven't heard about a single indie, and they are not mentioned that often in gaming magazines unless there's NOTHING ELSE to mention.
What is a true gamer anyway? I have always believed that Hardcore gamers are the people who play any type of game regardless of what the game is and what system or device that is it on.

you've called yourself a "hard core gamer" MANY MANY times. so.............

Not once, actually. Go read my disqus posts if you like.

What is a true gamer anyway? I have always believed that Hardcore gamers are the people who play any type of game regardless of what the game is and what system or device that is it on.

After observing the industry over the course of 25 years, I have grouped gamers into sociological classes.

What you just described as Hardcore, is what I deem as True. Casuals just play whatever is fun when they can. And that is fine. "Hardcores" are the kids that take games way too seriously. They only play big budget AAA titles. They won't branch out of a few select genres that they blindly purchase just because it is popular. Regardless if it is actually good or not. CoD is a great example of this. They dictate how people should play games, get overly aggressive and rude for no reason, etc. Unfortunately, the majority are "Hardcore." My terminology isn't in line with the rest of the world's, and I'm fine with that. The majority wouldn't admit the above because, as stated, they are the majority. So I always expect 90% of people to disagree with me 90% of the time. No big deal. I've just made documented observations over an extended amount of time.

After observing the industry over the course of 25 years, I have grouped gamers into sociological classes.

What you just described as Hardcore, is what I deem as True. Casuals just play whatever is fun when they can. And that is fine. "Hardcores" are the kids that take games way too seriously. They only play big budget AAA titles. They won't branch out of a few select genres that they blindly purchase just because it is popular. Regardless if it is actually good or not. CoD is a great example of this. They dictate how people should play games, get overly aggressive and rude for no reason, etc. Unfortunately, the majority are "Hardcore." My terminology isn't in line with the rest of the world's, and I'm fine with that. The majority wouldn't admit the above because, as stated, they are the majority. So I always expect 90% of people to disagree with me 90% of the time. No big deal. I've just made documented observations over an extended amount of time.

well that's a lie because you've done it dozens of times, on a whole bunch of your posts. you think I don't pay attention to what people say?

well that's a lie because you've done it dozens of times, on a whole bunch of your posts. you think I don't pay attention to what people say?

That is precisely what I think. Again, go read my disqus posts. There are only a few thousand. I'll admit I was wrong when you find one instance of me describing myself as such.

Honestly those so called Hardcore gamers are not even Hardcore to me that is. What funny is the internet memes call those kids Dudebros, neckbeards, basement gamers, Live Brats, COD kids or casual plus lol. Seriously we need to reclaim hardcore back from those posers.

you are, the most egotistical, self centered, high and mighty, self-righteous, Gamer I have ever met. get off your soap box, stop living with your head in the clouds thinking you're better then everyone, and never wrong. face it, you are just a regular gamer like everyone else who plays games. you aren't a true gamer or hardcore gamer, you are just a gamer period.

like I said you've called yourself hard core many times. but also a true gamer, neither exists. it's just gamer period.

I have a life and responsibilities I have better things to do then research your history, quotes on disqus.

you are, the most egotistical, self centered, high and mighty, self-righteous, Gamer I have ever met. get off your soap box, stop living with your head in the clouds thinking you're better then everyone, and never wrong. face it, you are just a regular gamer like everyone else who plays games. you aren't a true gamer or hardcore gamer, you are just a gamer period.

I literally just said I would admit I was wrong. You don't like me. Great. Get over it and move on. No sense in doing this in a forum, Jacky. This isn't a comments section.

Honestly those so called Hardcore gamers are not even Hardcore to me that is. What funny is the internet memes call those kids Dudebros, neckbeards, basement gamers, Live Brats, COD kids or casual plus lol. Seriously we need to reclaim hardcore back from those posers.

I would gladly help such a venture! The terms evolved throughout those 25 years. They just reflect the present state. They are prone to change in the future as well.

EDIT: This is the last time I'm double posting. I frickin' hate double posting.

I literally just said I would admit I was wrong. You don't like me. Great. Get over it and move on. No sense in doing this in a forum, Jacky. This isn't a comments section.

never I said I didn't like you, so don't jump to conclusions.

You need to chill out, man. Seriously. You look at things one way, I see them as another. Big deal.

wow all I basically said was don't jump to the conclusion that I don't like you. no need to reply to that or this. for me not to like a person they'd have to seriously piss me off, that's only happened once and that was 2 years ago.

wow all I basically said was don't jump to the conclusion that I don't like you. no need to reply to that or this. for me not to like a person they'd have to seriously piss me off, that's only happened once and that was 2 years ago.

You are so short-sighted. That was also in reference to your previous post. The one where you basically insult me a paragraph's worth telling me all the aspects you can't stand about me. Not exactly pleasant. Unfortunately, the world isn't so simple to where we are just all gamers. And people are largely to blame for that. Believe me, I wish we could go back to a time where we could say "We're gamers." Just can't today. Our ranks have exploded and, like with any social advancement, have evolved and branched out. Just the way it is.

Believe me, I love your enthusiasm about a unified standing.

You are so short-sighted. That was also in reference to your previous post. The one where you basically insult me a paragraph's worth telling me all the aspects you can't stand about me. Not exactly pleasant. Unfortunately, the world isn't so simple to where we are just all gamers. And people are largely to blame for that. Believe me, I wish we could go back to a time where we could say "We're gamers." Just can't today. Our ranks have exploded and, like with any social advancement, have evolved and branched out. Just the way it is.

Believe me, I love your enthusiasm about a unified standing.

we are all just gamers, nothing more.

all those other classes are just marketing. nothing more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"