The "What do you do for a living" thread.

Do you love your job?

• Total voters
We kind of already did this topic but seeing as how we are sometimes dying for conversation, we can do it again :)

I am part owner/manager/accountant/IT lead/Human Resources/Payroll at 3 companies that my father owns. One does rebar fabrication, another does anchor bolts/structural steel, and the third is a concrete company.

Oh yea, I also do review coordination, write reviews, help plan, and manage the forums here.

We kind of already did this topic but seeing as how we are sometimes dying for conversation, we can do it again :)

I am part owner/manager/accountant/IT lead/Human Resources/Payroll at 3 companies that my father owns. One does rebar fabrication, another does anchor bolts/structural steel, and the third is a concrete company.

Oh yea, I also do review coordination, write reviews, help plan, and manage the forums here.
Sorry, kinda new to the forum scene. Is there any way i can check to see which threads have been made so i don't make a duplicate and look like a goof? Your job sounds very interesting though. I wouldn't be able to handle dealing with those kind of numbers on a daily basis

Sorry, kinda new to the forum scene. Is there any way i can check to see which threads have been made so i don't make a duplicate and look like a goof? Your job sounds very interesting though. I wouldn't be able to handle dealing with those kind of numbers on a daily basis

Once you get used to the forum structure, you could search something at the top of the forum or if you have an idea what forum it would be in, go into that forum and look.

Really though, just post anything you want and if we already have a thread for it, I will link you to it and close your thread.. No harm, no foul. :)

http://forums.playstationlifestyle.net/threads/where-do-you-work.527/

First off can I say I love that the site is friendly like this. I've seen other forums where people get so aggressive with stuff like that, like I mentioned before I've been threatened with warnings on Escapist for accidentally posting in a thread that hadn't been posted in for a while. It's like talking to an even more annoying version of Hal 9000 and the worst part is you end up thinking the worst things about people you don't even know, I've got adblock JUST FOR THE ESCAPIST! I don't use it on any site but The Escapist.

As for a living I've always wanted to work in Gaming. I've got a lot of ideas and I'd really like to help see the industry evolve and go beyond what it is right now, the best way I could describe it is by bringing up a Ken Levine quote where he said it's like when the movie industry when is the era of spaghetti western movies, that's the games industry right now. That's not to say games like Call of Duty need to go away but there needs to be more variety and I honestly think I could help with that.

I'm not saying I alone could save the industry, I'd be egotistic to suggest that but I'd just like to help be a part of the change towards expending on what games are capable of.

I have my own Marine Reef Tank maintenance company with only one person working for me and thats me :) i clean, maintain and bring back from the brink of death Marine Reef Tanks. I love my job because it is also one of my biggest hobbies :)

Heres my own tank at home. Feel free to look round my channel :)

I am an industrial painter at an agricultural machine manufacturer. We make Verticle Feed Mixers for the Beef, Dairy and Veal Industry that range from 50 cubic feet to 1250 cubic feet. I have also started to paint cars/parts on the side.

I have my own Marine Reef Tank maintenance company with only one person working for me and thats me :) i clean, maintain and bring back from the brink of death Marine Reef Tanks. I love my job because it is also one of my biggest hobbies :)

Heres my own tank at home. Feel free to look round my channel :)

That is a really badass tank

That is a really badass tank
Why thank you

I have to say it takes up most of my spare time and what you see there is only the half of the system the other half consists of filters, pumps, reactors, special nitrate/phosphate eating algae and lots of other stuff with words that sound like I have a body builder under the cabinet hahahaha
Basicly to have a beautiful looking tank with live coral and very nice looking fish I have to have an engine room under the hood with some very expensive equipment keeping things running but as you can see it's all worth it
Since starting this hobby I have learnt a lot about water chemistry and how to test my water for the stuff needed to help coral grown and in my tank have a few pretty rare coral that's pretty hard to find in an aquarium

When I get on my MacBook I'll upload a few pics of the engine room and some close ups of the coral :)

First off can I say I love that the site is friendly like this. I've seen other forums where people get so aggressive with stuff like that, like I mentioned before I've been threatened with warnings on Escapist for accidentally posting in a thread that hadn't been posted in for a while. It's like talking to an even more annoying version of Hal 9000 and the worst part is you end up thinking the worst things about people you don't even know, I've got adblock JUST FOR THE ESCAPIST! I don't use it on any site but The Escapist.

As for a living I've always wanted to work in Gaming. I've got a lot of ideas and I'd really like to help see the industry evolve and go beyond what it is right now, the best way I could describe it is by bringing up a Ken Levine quote where he said it's like when the movie industry when is the era of spaghetti western movies, that's the games industry right now. That's not to say games like Call of Duty need to go away but there needs to be more variety and I honestly think I could help with that.

I'm not saying I alone could save the industry, I'd be egotistic to suggest that but I'd just like to help be a part of the change towards expending on what games are capable of.
What kind of games job would you like? What would you be able to bring with you? There are always people hiring. :D

What kind of games job would you like? What would you be able to bring with you? There are always people hiring. :D
I would like to be a game tester :)

I have been gaming since Atari times :) then spectrum and amstrad cassette games and so on :) I can say I have played most games and had most game playing computer/consoles :)

my job title is operation executive..

but my job scope is doing menial work in the kitchen.. making cold pressed juices for the company.

Am i the only person that works for the money only.. not because i have interest/passion for the job..

I'm what's called a Histocompatibility Technologist! My coworkers and I do all the lab work for the organ transplant center at the 5th ranked hospital in the United States. It's super stressful and demanding but rewarding all the same.

My Community Manager position with PSLS is what I live for though. Talking PlayStation with all you amazing fans and being a part of the game industry has been thoroughly enjoyable. Every step is more fun than the one that came before it. I can't wait to find out where it takes me next.

I'm what's called a Histocompatibility Technologist! My coworkers and I do all the lab work for the organ transplant center at the 5th ranked hospital in the United States. It's super stressful and demanding but rewarding all the same.

My Community Manager position with PSLS is what I live for though. Talking PlayStation with all you amazing fans and being a part of the game industry has been thoroughly enjoyable. Every step is more fun than the one that came before it. I can't wait to find out where it takes me next.

good for you.. you like your job...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"