What JRPG are you playing?

At the moment, Tales of Symphonia HD, a little bit of Lightning Returns working towards that platinum, and of course excited waiting for South Park tomorrow.

I have a hard time playing Atelier games since Iris. First game but it was the art style that drew me. Hard to get into the 3D versions.
you know, I haven't liked many of the Atelier games, however so far this is my favorite.

After finishing Atelier Totori (twice), I kinda swore off any JRPG's for a bit. (I try to knock out a few shorter titles in between JRPG's.) If you wanna count an MMO, though, then I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (albeit on PC) for a couple months now. Due to my usual dillydallying, it'll probably take me way longer than needed to "complete" the game, but what can I say... I like doing all the little stuff along the way, rather than just grinding straight to endgame. Trying to enjoy the story when I'm doing main scenario quests, and when I'm not working on the main scenario, I'm mostly trying to utilize Disciplines of Land and Hand (gathering and crafting, for those unfamiliar with the game's terminology) to make my own gear along the way.

Otherwise, my next JRPG will probably be... Atelier Ayesha? Think that's the only one I've yet to complete on my PS3, aside from Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (which I'm holding off on until 2.5 comes out). Unless I get around to finally tapping into the Operation Rainfall collection, since I've got all three of those games for my Wii now.

Last edited:
Think that's the only one I've yet to complete on my PS3, aside from Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (which I'm holding off on until 2.5 comes out).
Good call. After I finished Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (for whatever reason I never finished the last 15 minutes of KH on PS2...) and watched 358/2 Days, I can't wait for some more of the story! I used to own Kingdom Hearts 2, but I never got around to playing it.

Good call. After I finished Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (for whatever reason I never finished the last 15 minutes of KH on PS2...) and watched 358/2 Days, I can't wait for some more of the story! I used to own Kingdom Hearts 2, but I never got around to playing it.
I own and completed both core KH titles, but if I'm gonna start over from the beginning, I'd just like to play through them all for a complete experience. I played a little bit of Chain of Memories via emulation, and then just dropped it and Wiki'd the rest of the plot before starting KH2, so now I'll be able to play all the way through Re:CoM for a complete segue between 1 and 2, and even follow up with the 358/2 Days cutscenes, which I never played. Thankfully, I held off on grabbing Birth By Sleep for my PSP, so I'm excited to get around to playing that in 2.5, and... I believe Re:coded is included as well? So yeah, I just figure plowing through the entire series to date (bar Dream Drop Distance) would be preferable to playing a portion now and then having to wait for the rest later. ...Then it'll just be a matter of waiting on KH3, I suppose, heh.

I don't want to have to buy Dream Drop Distance on 3DS, but I suppose that's going to be the case when I get ready to play it. :(

I think you will like Atelier Escha & Logy. So far I think it is one of the best Atelier games.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Ayesha already seemed like quite an improvement, from what I could tell, and Escha & Logy seems to have taken it up yet another notch.

How's the battle system, compared to past entries? Considering I got into the series because of the Mana Khemia games, I felt rather bored with the battle systems in these games... Lol. Granted, Totori got a few improvements (namely, basic support actions) as the game progressed, but... The MK games just had such amazing battle systems, IMO. If they could do it for them, then why not give similar treatment to the battle systems for the Atelier games, y'know? >.< I think simply doing that could take the Atelier series so much further, and make it really stand out more.

I got a few to complete starting with Tales of Grace f, Tales of Xillia, Dragon's Crown, Persona 4 Golden, Atelier Totori Plus, Disgaea 3, Soul Sacrifice: does that count as a JRPG?; YS:Memories of Celceta and finally Xenogears as I have never played it before.

How's the battle system, compared to past entries? Considering I got into the series because of the Mana Khemia games, I felt rather bored with the battle systems in these games... Lol. Granted, Totori got a few improvements (namely, basic support actions) as the game progressed, but... The MK games just had such amazing battle systems, IMO. If they could do it for them, then why not give similar treatment to the battle systems for the Atelier games, y'know? >.< I think simply doing that could take the Atelier series so much further, and make it really stand out more.

I think we are on the same page with the Atelier games. The past few have really kind of bored me because the combat system just wasn't engaging enough. However, with Escha & Logy, I am having a lot of fun with the battle system and the additions to support actions. I also am having a good time collecting ingredients and using the Atelier, but that may have something to do with the combat system :)

I got a few to complete starting with Tales of Grace f, Tales of Xillia, Dragon's Crown, Persona 4 Golden, Atelier Totori Plus, Disgaea 3, Soul Sacrifice: does that count as a JRPG?; YS:Memories of Celceta and finally Xenogears as I have never played it before.

Xenogears is awesome. I think you're in for a treat. Ys is very fun, and Persona 4: Golden is excellent; probably the best of the bunch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"