Destiny Alpha

So ummm...the ghost voice is horrible :/ I dunno if I can put up with 30+ hours of that. I know he is on Game of Thrones...but his work here is horrible, flat, lifeless, and emotionless. I wish it wasn't so close to going gold so they could re record.

So ummm...the ghost voice is horrible :/ I dunno if I can put up with 30+ hours of that. I know he is on Game of Thrones...but his work here is horrible, flat, lifeless, and emotionless. I wish it wasn't so close to going gold so they could re record.
It is pretty bad, there's even a sizable post on Reddit about this very subject. To me it sounds a bit like a direct recording without any effects added, which if that is the case leaves plenty of time to at the very least make it tolerable.

I've max leveled all classes (you can still get a couple more upgrades after hitting max level by using the ability) and have continued to play. This next month is going to be a long one waiting for the Beta.

If I had any worries concerning gameplay, they have been thoroughly put to rest.

Hopefully this will be one of the changes from the Alpha going to the Beta or RC stages.

I get their point, but seriously??! How are you going to say, "You know what? This spectacular-looking AAA game isn't for me," because of no split screen. That's disgusting.

Ya if you go to the article on the main psls page about there being no split screen you'll find a whole bunch of people saying they aren't gonna buy it because it lacks that feature and some are even mad at bungie

The tweet says its the conclusion of the alpha. :(
Yea, we knew it was ending tonight. But they're supposedly doing a little event or something before they take the servers down. I have a sneaky suspicion it's them trying to get a quick stress test to see if they can crash the servers.

Yea, we knew it was ending tonight. But they're supposedly doing a little event or something before they take the servers down. I have a sneaky suspicion it's them trying to get a quick stress test to see if they can crash the servers.
Oh. Didn't know that it ending tonight was known. *facepalm*

So the 'event' turned out to be an unlimited use Alpha code.

Edit: It's also now been confirmed that Alpha characters will not migrate to Beta. Wave goodbye. I'll be posting pics of my heroic Guardians tomorrow.

Just finished running The Devils' Lair on Legendary. Holy shit is that intense. We wiped twice at the shield protection, partially because I'm an idiot and two killed myself both times early on the second round by throwing my Nova Bomb at an enemy inches in front of me and a second time into a... tree, inches in front of me. Third time got a bit hairy with two down at one point, but I got 'em back up and we tore through the rest.

Funnily enough, we took out the Spider Tank with little problem, well besides all of us running nearly empty on ammo near the end. The Orb... we didn't wipe, but boy was it painful. IIRC the adds only come once or twice on Brave, they came like a bajillion times on Legendary. We had two people mopping them up while the third constantly hit the orb. There were a couple fuzzy situations but we made it through then had a big dance party to celebrate.

Thats why I love Destiny! Dance parties! Everywhere!

Just finished running The Devils' Lair on Legendary. Holy shit is that intense. We wiped twice at the shield protection, partially because I'm an idiot and two killed myself both times early on the second round by throwing my Nova Bomb at an enemy inches in front of me and a second time into a... tree, inches in front of me. Third time got a bit hairy with two down at one point, but I got 'em back up and we tore through the rest.

Funnily enough, we took out the Spider Tank with little problem, well besides all of us running nearly empty on ammo near the end. The Orb... we didn't wipe, but boy was it painful. IIRC the adds only come once or twice on Brave, they came like a bajillion times on Legendary. We had two people mopping them up while the third constantly hit the orb. There were a couple fuzzy situations but we made it through then had a big dance party to celebrate.

Wow, I felt accomplished finishing it on Brave!!!

I always bring a rocket launcher and plenty of ammo items for those boss battles :)

Wow, I felt accomplished finishing it on Brave!!!
After your first runthrough, it gets a lot easier. Especially if you mostly have uncommon (green) gear. On Legendary my gear ranking was around +10% for each. I also forgot to mention all the adds on the Orb boss were strongs (yellow health bars), though fortunately none had shields.

Oh, the Alpha has been extended! No word on when it'll end, but it's still going! They're doing experiments now, including turning on 'Expert mode.'

After your first runthrough, it gets a lot easier. Especially if you mostly have uncommon (green) gear. On Legendary my gear ranking was around +10% for each. I also forgot to mention all the adds on the Orb boss were strongs (yellow health bars), though fortunately none had shields.

Oh, the Alpha has been extended! No word on when it'll end, but it's still going! They're doing experiments now, including turning on 'Expert mode.'
I'm not normally one for betas, alphas, or "early access" gameplay, but goddamn, I can't get over how good even this early access Alpha is! I can't stop playing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"