New Tomb Raider Announced!

One of the few announcements so far that has interested me. I hear some say on a livestream that they were aiming for more Tomb Raider Classic and less Uncharted. But the title... that title makes me want to cry.

On a related note, Crystal Dynamics also announced Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, a sequel to the 2010 Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Last edited:
Title aside, more Tomb Raider is not a bad thing at all. I'll have to know the story of the game and play through it to see if the title actually fits or not.

Personally I think Rise of the Tomb Raider should be on both Next/current gen as well as last gen. I think a lot of games publishers should think about moving their titles to the PS4/Xbox One but remember Edios spent a lot of money rebooting Tomb Raider.

I don't think spending more money on making an eight generation game is the answer here. Edios needs to release it for both generations, keep to the tech they have at the moment so they can make more money in the long run. This way you give everyone a chance to get onto the new systems. I know a lot people will disagree with me but this is more about money then anything. As long as Rise of the Tomb Raider is a fun game then I don't think it'll matter.

But I think it's a good idea for other companies to be moving forward otherwise there won't be much games for the new systems to make them worthy of buying.

I loved the Tomb Raider 2013-14. I am looking forward to this new tittle. I dont think the name is good but lets hope they change it hahaha.

Personally I think Rise of the Tomb Raider should be on both Next/current gen as well as last gen. I think a lot of games publishers should think about moving their titles to the PS4/Xbox One but remember Edios spent a lot of money rebooting Tomb Raider.

I don't think spending more money on making an eight generation game is the answer here. Edios needs to release it for both generations, keep to the tech they have at the moment so they can make more money in the long run. This way you give everyone a chance to get onto the new systems. I know a lot people will disagree with me but this is more about money then anything. As long as Rise of the Tomb Raider is a fun game then I don't think it'll matter.

But I think it's a good idea for other companies to be moving forward otherwise there won't be much games for the new systems to make them worthy of buying.

Understandable, especially considering that a vast majority are multi-console anyway.

Understandable, especially considering that a vast majority are multi-console anyway.

Well again I say Edios in particular since they spent so much money on Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs and Hitman which was a dumb move. What these guys are doing with those franchises is akin to buying a mansion and then when you need to start renting it out to other people you go and buy ANOTHER even bigger mansion. I mean we all know why there's a PS4/Xbox one version of the Tomb Raider reboot so it wouldn't hurt to hold back of course they won't listen.

Every next game needs bigger and better graphics regardless of what impact it'll have on it's respected publishers/developers. You ever notice how bad games companies are when it comes to financing? It's like someone put Tom Hanks from big in charge of Edios.

'Rise of the Tomb Raider' is now exclusive to the XBox One. Don't lose hope though, Geoff Keighley got a quote from MS that said it was exclusive 'for the Holiday 2015 season.' So it sound quite likely that the game will be hitting PS4 (and PC) not too long thereafter. Lets also not forget that Uncharted 4 will be coming out around the same time, so we'll have that to distract us from the wait.

Needless to say, this has left a bad taste in manys mouths, being announced as multiplatform only a few months ago.

'Rise of the Tomb Raider' is now exclusive to the XBox One. Don't lose hope though, Geoff Keighley got a quote from MS that said it was exclusive 'for the Holiday 2015 season.' So it sound quite likely that the game will be hitting PS4 (and PC) not too long thereafter. Lets also not forget that Uncharted 4 will be coming out around the same time, so we'll have that to distract us from the wait.

Needless to say, this has left a bad taste in manys mouths, being announced as multiplatform only a few months ago.

Really? It's like Square Enix wants this game to fail. See this is why a lot of us hate Microsoft, ever since they've entered this industry they've made the act of third-party exclusivity even worse then it was before. Sure it was around and I except that but take the Xbox One, it's barely been out and it's already had around 3-4 timed exclusives. This had better be released for PC/PS4 or Square Enix has some explaining to do.

"Hey guys! 10 Million PS4's in the world, we originated (console) on PlayStation, and the reboot sold better on PS3 and PS4... Oh and we complained about our sales numbers for the title across all platforms!"

"I want to do something different with this new one..."

"How about launching on Xbox One, screwing over a large dedicated fan base, and guaranteeing that our sales will actually be low enough that we can bitch about sales properly this time?"

I wasn't too crazy about the last one, but I have to admit that the decision to make the game exclusive is just baffling. If a franchise already went multiplat, why would it go back to being exclusive? Dead Rising 3 all over again...

"Hey guys! 10 Million PS4's in the world, we originated (console) on PlayStation, and the reboot sold better on PS3 and PS4... Oh and we complained about our sales numbers for the title across all platforms!"

"How about launching on Xbox One, screwing over a large dedicated fan base, and guaranteeing that our sales will actually be low enough that we can bitch about sales properly this time?"
I am so glad I purchased the Collector's Edition on PS3 and then bought it again for PS4 to show my support of such a great game and franchise. Maybe next they will take away my Final Fantasy games. I've have purchased all of those too.

My reaction from hearing about this frustrating news

Seriously though I am so angry I don't know what I'll do. I knew I was right to be worried about every other E3, Microsoft was getting too close to Tomb Raider and now this is happening. I am so sick and tired of seeing great games and having to constantly be on edge worrying over whether I'll be able to play it or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"