New Tomb Raider Announced!

Sure hope that goes both ways and you're done with Capcom after Street Fighter V because it's almost the same thing

I am actually and I'm glad you brought it up. The same goes for Capcom, I didn't want to bring it up since I know this is a Playstation site but yes Capcom is doing same thing. Capcom are screwing over their fanbase by making the game exclusive for the PS4 and the most annoying thing is that it's not being treated as just as big an injustice as the Tomb Raider exclusivity deal.

The way I see it I don't win anything from Street Fighter 5 not being on the Xbox One and Xbox owners don't win anything from Rise of the Tomb Raider not being on the PS4. Hopefully both games see their way on the opposite console and this is the end of third party exclusives.

I am actually and I'm glad you brought it up. The same goes for Capcom, I didn't want to bring it up since I know this is a Playstation site but yes Capcom is doing same thing. Capcom are screwing over their fanbase by making the game exclusive for the PS4 and the most annoying thing is that it's not being treated as just as big an injustice as the Tomb Raider exclusivity deal.

The way I see it I don't win anything from Street Fighter 5 not being on the Xbox One and Xbox owners don't win anything from Rise of the Tomb Raider not being on the PS4. Hopefully both games see their way on the opposite console and this is the end of third party exclusives.

I will say though, if you want to weigh in on which company got the better exclusive, it was def. Sony. "Oh, you got Tomb Raider, good for you little boy" "BOOM, STREET FIGHTER V!!"

babysit-funny-gif.gif

Good answer. Personally I'm not the type who can cut my losses and avoid a company altogether (Square Enix has pissed me off on numerous occasions but I just can't skip KH3 and FFXV), but I admire your integrity

Good answer. Personally I'm not the type who can cut my losses and avoid a company altogether (Square Enix has pissed me off on numerous occasions but I just can't skip KH3 and FFXV), but I admire your integrity

Well I just hate how SE and Capcom can mess with their audience like this and I'm not the type of person who can see something Microsoft does as bad and then praise Sony for the same thing. The way I've always seen things if I expect people to behave in a certain way then they should expect that same behavior from me, otherwise I'm a hypocrite to my own expectations.

Of course Square Enix has that new Deus Ex and Capcom has Resident Evil Revelations 2...DAMN IT! I hate me sometimes! Why do I have to be so passionate about things? No have to stay strong. Don't want to look like a liar in front of the internet.

Sure hope that goes both ways and you're done with Capcom after Street Fighter V because it's almost the same thing
Except it isn't the same. Sony is putting money towards/helping the development of SFV.
Remember that time earlier this year when there were talks of Capcom possibly being bought out by Nintendo or MSoft this year? And how they haven't put out any significantly huge (read: expensive) titles since Dragon's Dogma? And that Capcom producer telling everyone last year that SFV wouldn't come until around 2018? Now all of a sudden its being pushed up to 2016, maybe even 2015.

In a way this is sort of close to Bayonetta 2's situation.

That being said, it still sucks for those who won't be able to play it. But I see a slight difference between clearly paying money to keep a game off the competition's hardware and helping to develop/fund one.

Last edited:
Except it isn't the same. Sony is putting money towards/helping the development of SFV.
Remember that time earlier this year when there were talks of Capcom possibly being bought out by Nintendo or MSoft this year? And how they haven't put out any significantly huge (read: expensive) titles since Dragon's Dogma? And that Capcom producer telling everyone last year that SFV wouldn't come until around 2018? Now all of a sudden its being pushed up to 2016, maybe even 2015.

In a way this is sort of close to Bayonetta 2's situation.

That being said, it still sucks for those who won't be able to play it. But I see a slight difference between clearly paying money to keep a game off the competition's hardware and helping to develop/fund one.

Except it is. Capcom may be losing money but Street Fighter 5 is a guaranteed success since it has an established fanbase and is an established franchise with a long history. The game goes for Tomb Raider. Plus the game is coming out on PC and there's talk of a cross-play feature with the PS4 and PC, I think what's going on is simple really: Capcom wanted this to be on Xbox One but wanted the Xbox One/PS4/PC gamers to be able to cross-play the game with each other but Microsoft didn't want that so Capcom went over to Sony and offered to make it exclusive for the PS4.

I think they did the same with Dead Rising 3 over the whole using a device to play the game. They wanted to make it their way and would rather not have the game on a major platform then compromise.

I think it could possible be a bit of both.. We all know that Microsoft hates cross-play and so that could have been part of it. Microsoft also wants to push Killer Instinct really hard, so that could be another part. Howl Dragon is also right in the fact that Capcom has been hurting a bit for money and even though it is Street Fighter, it could make sense for them to approach Sony about footing most of the bill to help them turn a bit more profit.

The reason Capcom is hurting for money in the first place is because of the way they treat their audience, they're worst then EA Games when it comes to content. Capcom got in this mess because they took franchises like Resident Evil and tried to make them appeal to everyone and in doing so ended up with a mess that appeals to nobody.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"